**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Coldsnap in Chilled Challenges

iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
So I first brought in Ghost thinking she will shrug it off when phasing, but that didn't happen. I thought to myself "Okay so it's possibly a passive effect so Sabretooth would work well" but Sabretooth still takes damage from it, why?

Comments

• Options
    PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    i think its the bitter cold global buff.
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    It’s a passive, different form coldsnap, no ones immune
  • Options
    GrecianfoxGrecianfox Posts: 114
    So I first brought in Ghost thinking she will shrug it off when phasing, but that didn't happen. I thought to myself "Okay so it's possibly a passive effect so Sabretooth would work well" but Sabretooth still takes damage from it, why?

There is no way out of the damage
  • Options
    Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    I actually think Sabretooth might be bugged and should be immune to this. I first brought in Corvus thinking he would be immune, but he wasn't. After reading his abilities and the node again, it made sense that Corvus wasn't immune. Corvus with glaive charges "doesn't take damage from cold snap debuffs", which that node isn't. Mephisto is "immune to frostbite and cold snap". Still makes sense because the node is "bitter cold" and deals cold damage. However, Sabretooth has "cold immunity" "immunity to cold damage like coldsnap and frostbite". This sounds like it isn't exclusive to coldsnap and frostbite and should apply to this bitter cold node.
  • Options
    iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Try outhealing the damage with X23 or another healer. Mephisto is a pretty good option. Decent healing to buy him more time, and those Incinerates do extra damage. Try Hyperions L1, thatll put in work too.

No way outta the damage, you need to work around it, but take too long and itll be your downfall.

Unfortunately I don't have a Hyperion or a Mephisto as a 4 or 5*, I can do Master quite easily but I would like to try Epic but I ran out of gadgets trying to take on Epic hahaha
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I haven't tried Gulk yet, but shouldn't his Face Me work? The node is a passive damage-over-time, so I would think that should help negate the node's effect, right? I've mostly been fine with the Epic paths with other champs, but Gulk should be a good counter, right?
  • Options
    Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

Are you talking about The Maze or Chilled Challenges (which only have 2 fights)? If the Chilled Challenges, it doesn't really matter as iceman is dead in 2 hits..