**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

About Maze Just Two words for mcoc developer !!!

IcejrIcejr Posts: 431 ★★★
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
I am the One of The oldest player In mcoc,
Its Past more that 3 years With Mcoc,
And this will be my first Special Quest that i will Miss and By my mind Totaly ignored to finish even 1 run.Because The rewards Are not worth it with this type of difficulty and obviously i didnt like the short time content like this.

When i listen about maze First time in mind came That would be t5 Basic shards with t2 Alpha As a rewards !!! But you guys (Mcoc Developers) increased the difficulty but the rewards is not even scaled by this type of difficulty.Atleast you should think This is christmas time ,
Peoples have there own life/Family and also there own personal things to do,
We are So busy with life and the Maze have too short time to finish

Dont think me wrong ,Please dont make this type of content for us with 20 days Short time And Before you make any content for us,Atleast scale The rewards with difficulty

I am honestly going to share you something,

•I am taking every week t2 alpha shards from doing Map6 / monthly event quests.

• 5 star shards From grinding arena/Event quest.

But Still we are missing T5 Basic Shards,
And Its Even Dont available to buy from Mcoc store. I am waiting for 25 december deal , hope i will find some t5 basic offer in Store.

And Obviously i need to Say ,
When Special Quest come to us ,
Just Do Like Heroic/Master/Epic Difficulty with there own scale rewards Like this We All Summoners can enjoy the game at a time.
Why 1 will sad when play and 1 will smile in this game ??? We need All smile and Play and enjoy the game every day ...

Good luck And Sorry If i hurt you Anyone.

@Kabam Miike
@Kabam Lyra
@Kabam Vydious

Comments

• ContestChampContestChamp Posts: 32
    edited December 2018
    I have two words as well. They come after E and X.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I have to words as well that start with F and Y.

ki4uffwjtzir.gif
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/jgbp20Xye_s

Magik vs Champion.

Completion run on my alt. Really sleepy when I reached Champion and made some stupid mistakes. It was 4+am.
    Great way to miss the point. Guess I should just keep my mouth shut. Wow. You named 2 champs. There are over 100 in the game, so we are still under the parameters of 5% that work. Sorry if I’m not thrilled by content in a “game” that has 95% failure rate. If game wasn’t RNG and I could pick any champ that I wanted, the parameters wouldn’t matter, but there are some players like myself that don’t have that 5% for no other reason than luck.

You're complaining that you don't have the roster to do it?
    edited December 2018
    Kabam hypocrisy doesn’t end there. We’ve heard repeatedly that a champion shouldn’t be one to rule them all, but they make defenders and nodes that are impossible except with a few specific champs.

You're misunderstanding what Kabam Devs have said. They did say a champ shouldn't be one to rule them all, like SW who could just plow through anything. What they said is they wanted to "challenge Summoners' rosters".

It's called Roster "Breadth" and "Depth" and has been mentioned in the Dev Diary.

Let me give you an example of it using Mephisto in The Maze Challenge.

If you have a Void, that Mephisto is an easy solo. If you do not have one, there are alternatives that can be used like Blade, Rulk, Iceman, Meph himself etc Incinerate Immune champs. If you do not have ANY counter, then your roster "breadth" isn't there yet. There are ways to clear him without a counter but that requires alot of skill and most probably, money.

However, if you have 4* variants of the counters like a 4* Void, you still have an uphill battle against him because a 4* Void, even at 5/50 is still too weak and takes too long, which also means the roster "depth" is lacking.

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    If you have a Void, that Mephisto is an easy
    However, if you have 4* variants of the counters like a 4* Void, you still have an uphill battle against him because a 4* Void, even at 5/50 is still too weak and takes too long, which also means the roster "depth" is lacking.

I used 4* Void for my Maze Livestream, he was 10X better than using 4/55 Gladiator Hulk because of Mephisto’s constant power gain. 4* Void needed 200+ hits to get the solo, that’s nothing compared to how long LOL fights like Doctor Strange took using 4/55 Star Lord.
  • ContestChampContestChamp Posts: 32
    You're complaining that you don't have the roster to do it?[/quote]

Absolutely. I have no problem with content like ROL and LOL that is best with a specific roster because it is permanent. You can put in time and acquire those resources.

Making limited time content (only available for 2 weeks) is a completely different story. Basically punishing players for not having a specific set of champions is not he way to encourage roster diversity.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    If you have a Void, that Mephisto is an easy

I used 4* Void for my Maze Livestream, he was 10X better than using 4/55 Gladiator Hulk because of Mephisto’s constant power gain. 4* Void needed 200+ hits to get the solo, that’s nothing compared to how long LOL fights like Doctor Strange took using 4/55 Star Lord.

Agree with this. I've used 4* Void on Mephisto and he's quite easy. That's even without boosts.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    You're complaining that you don't have the roster to do it?

Absolutely. I have no problem with content like ROL and LOL that is best with a specific roster because it is permanent. You can put in time and acquire those resources.

Making limited time content (only available for 2 weeks) is a completely different story. Basically punishing players for not having a specific set of champions is not he way to encourage roster diversity.

This, to an extent. Blade kills everything? not encouraging diversity. Blade and Spidergwen can kill everything? not encouraging diversity. Blade can't kill a certain enemy, and you need a different counter? this is encouraging diversity.

The level of difficulty here, coupled with rewards, with a time limit on it. These 3 things together make it unreasonable in my eyes.
    Difficulty - These fights remind me of slightly scaled down LoL fights. Not exact, and no enrage, etc. But the health pool is massive.
    Rewards - Slightly underwhelming, IMO. Even if it was just a few t5b frags, it would be a huge step up due to the rarity of those resources.
    Time limit - The community for Mcoc, while sometimes toxic, has some masterminds mixed in. These people put in countless hours to figure out the best counters, and relay them to the rest of the player base. The time limit of 2 weeks first puts a timer on the people looking for a counter. By the time several counters have been relayed, its been 1 week. This gives other summoners 1 week to do any rank ups they may need to plan to do this content.

If any one of these 3 were changed slightly for the better, I would feel differently. It feels like the perfect storm of difficulty, rewards, and time limit to make it too difficult for some people, rewards not good enough for the people who can do it, and puts a rough time limit on some people who may have a shot given some planning time.

I will add that I have thoroughly enjoyed the last few month's EQ difficulty. There's been more thinking and planning for EQ this year than ever before, and its enjoyable for me. Even when you don't have the exact counter, like @xNig said, there are semi-counters that can get you through it.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    @Mikeg12790 I trust the people in my alliance that said they soloed champion with an AA. Most of us don’t record every fight we take in this game because there is no point of doing so. The only maze fight I recorded was korg because someone in my alliance asked me to. I like to avoid anything that causes lag
  • Ricardo60289Ricardo60289 Posts: 369
    Post is too long, but as an end game player I’m not touching the Maze. Too tedious for some very weak and minimal rewards.
  • boss6390boss6390 Posts: 35
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    People have taken down the champion with other champs. I soloed him with a magik. I’ve heard of people doing it with AA. There are some champs that are better than others for every fight in this game.

Kabam has to keep making better champs. They can sell thsoe champs better. No one will grind as much for a a new champ on the level of colossus or spend to get him from fgmcs. Kabam does need to make a profit on this game. Let the whales keep it running. If the content is too tough then just don’t do it. No need to complain about it either. Plenty of other threads have already done that

Are you dumb, crazy, or both? The point isnt the content being tough it is that the content is worth rewards 3x as good as they are for the dofficulty. Suck up