**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6* Omega red worth 2/35?

I just got a 6* omega red unduped and I I’m enjoying him so far and I was just wondering if he’s worth getting up to 2/35 I have enough resources to do it,just want more opinions before I I do so. Thanks in advance

Comments

• spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Without any hesitation.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Omega red is literally my favorite champ. Unfortunately the answer is no.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Yes
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    5/65 IMO
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    OR benefits greatly from awaken and high sig. if I personally was going to take a 6* to r2 at this stage in game I am waiting for a Corvus, Domino, Ghost type that still packs a lot of their punch unawakened.

Champs needing awaken and benefit greatly from high sig you may be better off with a r5 5* over r2 6* at this stage and for quite some time. Yes 6* will ultimately replace but may be a year or longer before you awaken and get any decent sig level on 6* -> only Kabam knows when they will increase speed of acquiring 6*... 5* took awhile before they really started throwing more 5* shards around. And worst case with a 5* r5 OR and getting 6* OR awaken later is you can drop him on AWD or have two to play different modes with (AWO, AWD,questing etc)
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Wow. A lot of bad advice. Omega red needs to be awakened and high sig to be god tier (or whatever you want to call it for those offended by that term). So, no, you shouldn’t r2 him.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    no way. def do not r2 an unawakend 6* omega.
    Just because someone is better duped doesn't mean that they're not worthy unduped. After four bad 6* pulls (dxf, KG, Thor rags and iron fist) I pulled a 6* CAIW, and although he's much better once awakened, he will be taken to 6/2. At some point you have to start playing for the future of the game. Maybe there should be some context, what are the other options?
    Just because someone is better duped doesn't mean that they're not worthy unduped. After four bad 6* pulls (dxf, KG, Thor rags and iron fist) I pulled a 6* CAIW, and although he's much better once awakened, he will be taken to 6/2. At some point you have to start playing for the future of the game. Maybe there should be some context, what are the other options?

Caiw is still awesome unduped, omega red is not (still good but not god). Ranking up a 6* is a lot of resources for someone that may not be great for a year or more. This reminds me of people saying to r3 bad 5*s over god 4*s because “it’s a 5*”. Bad advice.
    I r5’d my max sig 5* void over my 6* void because that’s the smart move.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    I would never rank 2 a 6* that needs to be awakened. If they need awakening then they need a decent sig level. There is no way currently to get sig stones for them. I get planning for the future. But I’d rather have a beefy high sig 5* than a 6* rank 2 that needs to be awakened. Only 6*s worth rank 2 are Cap IW, Corvus, Domino. Maybe 1-2 more I can’t think of. But those are the ones.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    edited January 2019
    Plan for future isn't that great of an argument at this stage for r2 a 6* in my opinion-> t5B will become more common in the future as game slowly shifts to r3+ 6*. R2 one 6* comes at the expense of 1.5 5* r5 for t5b. Until you round out your core r5 5* I wouldn't r2 a 6* unless you have one that is godly and doesn't rely too much on their dup for offense. By rounding out that includes AWO, questing (Act VI around the corner), AQ if you do map6/7, some offensive / AWD hybrids (e.g. Medusa, KM, Hyperion, Domino, Iceman, ST, magik, MS, void, etc -> whatever your BG doesn't have as r5 defender yet and adds utility to your team) and potentially some pure AWD if you are higher tier war alliance (though still some higher tiers working on r4ing some defenders).

Planning for the foreseeable future in my eyes is for the most part r5 5* at this stage with only a few exceptions. By time you can start r3 multiple 6* the dynamics of the game can change a lot and even then, there is still AWD for your r5 5* to be used in for a long time.

zeezee57 wrote: »

I've gotta ask how familiar you are with Omega? His sig is his main source of damage.

Apparently not as familiar as I should be.

I've gotta ask how familiar you are with Omega? His sig is his main source of damage.

Apparently not as familiar as I should be.

Apologies, rereading that it comes across kind of rude which I didn't intend it to be. For Omega to do damage with his spores he needs to be awakened and the damage scales with his sig. A 4/55 or even 5/65 Omega at a low sig level actually does less spore damage than my 5/50 Omega, so with that in mind even if he duped his 6* Omega the spore damage would be pretty weak. Without the sig at all his only DOT is the death field which he gets for 10 seconds using sp2 or whenever he's bleeding.

No worries, I didn't take it that way but appreciate your civil attitude.

I was looking at it like this. OP enjoys playing Omega as is. As a 6* he has regen plus adrenaline, that's huge. He does have spores and death field, I was not aware of the dramatic difference with the sig scaling. All good discussion to give the OP some weights on their decision
  • EscornaboiEscornaboi Posts: 2,448 ★★★
    I just got a 6* omega red unduped and I I’m enjoying him so far and I was just wondering if he’s worth getting up to 2/35 I have enough resources to do it,just want more opinions before I I do so. Thanks in advance

Post a pic here. Thanks.
  • WalkinhighlightWalkinhighlight Posts: 134
    I love my 5/65 Omega Red use him in every war (masters bracket) he needs to be awakened for him to truly be a monster. Without the ability there are plenty of other better 6* options to rank up. There is a set value of damage of what his spores will do unawakened and it isn't that great.
    For reference from 10 and under it's really low. Once over 10 with deathfield is where you see the great impact.
    That's where the sig level comes in.

At Sig 200 which is mine each spore stack (once over 10+) will deal 1984 damage. Without this ability i'm afraid he doesn't even do about 600.
    Also Omega doesn't hit hard necessarily since most of the damage comes from his spores.
    I don't recommend using 3 T5B on him when not awakened.

9ns0y5ke4u66.jpg
  • WalkinhighlightWalkinhighlight Posts: 134
    1949**
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,717 ★★★
    6* Angela unduped is worth a R2
    doctorb wrote: »
    6* Angela unduped is worth a R2

Yes. But her sig is the most useless in the game