**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Emma Frost

JerkobsonJerkobson Posts: 163 ★★
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
So, I haven’t had more fun playing a 5* champ since pre 12.0 4*SW.

But I just don’t feel she’s worth higher than r3, compared to my other r3 (in que to r4) camps: Cap IW, Iceman, Hyperion, SL, Sabretooth.

Someone convince me I’m wrong. I’d appreciate a nudge in the direction of a high level frost.

Comments

• RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Well for a start, she’s basically a better Iceman (personally) and can almost do as much damage as Cap IW at 10 prowess. And she’s just a better champ than sabretooth. A lot less ramp up and a lot more utility. She can’t really be compared to SL and Hyperion as she’s more of a utility champ whereas they are raw damage. But that is a great roster and I wouldn’t blame you for taking any of them up. Apart from maybe Iceman, I just don’t get the hype with him. Got my 5* at r3 and would rank him down if I got a chance. But go Emma. One of my favourite champs and that’s only playing her as a 3*. Idelest has some good war footage of her on YouTube if you search through the catalog of war videos
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Well she is obviously great for defence however play her right in attack and you can pretty much always have your immunities on. Her high damage potential is amazing. Mine is rank 3 duped, after iceman and medusa she is next for rank 4. She kicked ass in variant recently due to her immunties. Rank your others up first though anyway. As much as I enjoy using her and know how useful she is those others deserve it first.
  • JerkobsonJerkobson Posts: 163 ★★
    edited January 2019
    You guys are giving me the feedback I want.🤣 yay!

A further exploration of my situation is as follows (in case that makes a difference).

Elders bane, working on exploring chapter 2 variant for max explore. Ran labyrinth twice.

Roster looks like this for r4 and up. R3 a champ isn’t an issue at this point. But with that 4-5 gem coming I need to think a bit harder.

6rz7bjq0bq8d.jpeg
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Wow someone doesn't like iceman now that's making me think who to r4 between frost and iceman lol.
    As for your next comment even I ain't that far but maybe you should choose her as the next mutant rank 4.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    I also agree. While Iceman is still awesome and is still worthy of r5, Emma just does what he does slightly better. More immunities, etc. I would love to rank down my r4 Iceman and take Emma up instead, but hey, luckily T2A isn't as rare anymore so she will join him shortly at r4, and maybe even r5 if I pull a 4-5 mutant gem from Variant.
  • fu2_10fu2_10 Posts: 58
    I have 4/55 iceman AND Emma frost, and I freaking love both of them. Emma frost is a VERY fun character, and extremely smooth to play too. I'd say rank her up to r4, I did with both her and iceman and I have no regrets at all, just fun.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    I have both iceman and Emma at 3/45. I will be taking Emma up first. Her damage is much better. And specials hit harder.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Well for a start, she’s basically a better Iceman (personally) and can almost do as much damage as Cap IW at 10 prowess. And she’s just a better champ than sabretooth. A lot less ramp up and a lot more utility. She can’t really be compared to SL and Hyperion as she’s more of a utility champ whereas they are raw damage. But that is a great roster and I wouldn’t blame you for taking any of them up. Apart from maybe Iceman, I just don’t get the hype with him. Got my 5* at r3 and would rank him down if I got a chance. But go Emma. One of my favourite champs and that’s only playing her as a 3*. Idelest has some good war footage of her on YouTube if you search through the catalog of war videos

Iceman can take 5 % damage of a attack lol, that used to help me a lot. Don’t have EF yet but I need her if she’s that good lol
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Jerkobson wrote: »
    You guys are giving me the feedback I want.🤣 yay!

A further exploration of my situation is as follows (in case that makes a difference).

Elders bane, working on exploring chapter 2 variant for max explore. Ran labyrinth twice.

Roster looks like this for r4 and up. R3 a champ isn’t an issue at this point. But with that 4-5 gem coming I need to think a bit harder.

6rz7bjq0bq8d.jpeg
    Btw rank up archangel
  • A guy in my alliance has a r5 5* duped emma that almost never gets KOs in AW. I pulled her from the majestic crystal yesterday and i was a little sad I couldn’t use her there. Thanks for letting me know she’s good on attack.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Tiger360 wrote: »

Iceman can take 5 % damage of a attack lol, that used to help me a lot. Don’t have EF yet but I need her if she’s that good lol

It's good for tanking Sp3's but I've found little use past that and even then I'd rather use a power control champ. Maybe he just doesn't fit in my roster, I only use him for immunities. And yeh, she really is just that good. She doesn't have that 5% cap, but she has a similair ability that reverts her into diamond form if she would take a certain percentage of her health for 5 seconds. Not good at tanking Sp3's but is better if you slip up as it reduces damage for essentially a full combo. Needs a high sig for that ability to work well however
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    For those that have her and use her, is she worth an awakening gem? I just pulled her this morning but don't know much about her.