**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Simple Update to the Old Caps

Just a thought, but I feel a simple upgrade to the old Captain America's is in order. Many people loved these guys but thier usefulness is disappearing with every passing day.

With all the new champs out there that have random "unblockable" attacks, I feel it only fair that the two guys, who do nothing but block with their fancy vibranium shields, should be upgraded to allow them to block "unblockable" attacks.

Obviously this would need some working as I don't feel nodes like block errosion should be affected. I'm talking more like the Domino, yondu, imiw type attacks that cannot be parried.

Comments

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    Tyger87 wrote: »
    I'm talking more like the Domino, yondu, imiw type attacks that cannot be parried.

Actually all those attacks can be parried (or Perfect Blocked), reducing the damage they cause. It's just that parrying them doesn't stun your opponent because they're projectiles. It wouldn't make much sense for Cap to stun when blocking a projectile; shield or no shield. It doesn't make much sense for Proxima either; but that's another issue.

Comics canon shows various attacks on Cap throwing him back despite his shield:
    hyw5qhpehyjg.jpg

Blocking Unblockable effects is a fairly major ability, and shouldn't be done lightly.
    What could be a much smaller change that would make sense would be for the two Captains (but not CAIW as he doesn't have the same shield) to have their version of another of Proxima's abilities:
    On Perfect Block, Captain America reduces the opponent's offensive ability accuracy by -200%.

This would at least stop Sentinel, Yondu and the like from causing bleed and so on 'through' the shield. What do you think?

Also, just FYI: whilst Red Skull isn't the greatest champion, he's got a cracking synergy with CAWW2; where Cap can easily acquire one or two Fury buffs by blocking, and significantly ramp up his damage.
  • Options
    @Kabammike we need your help
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    When captain America throws his mighty shield,
    All who chose to oppose his shield must yield...
    Unless you're a plane,
    Or bomb,
    Or some ice.....

-How it Should Have Ended. :)