**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If Kabam creates a champion, is that then an official Marvel character?

VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
So when Kabam creates characters do they become a part of the actual marvel universe for use in later things(movies, comics, games)? or is it only for this specific game.
i assume they do/can become official characters, because there's an example like guillotine, where she is(correct me if im wrong) an actual character now as of december 2015. just something i'm curious of.

Comments

• MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    No
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Kabam has only created 3 characters (Guillotine, Morningstar, and Civil Warrior). To the best of my knowledge, they have only appeared in the Contest of Champions comic book.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    VulcanM wrote: »
    Kabam has only created 3 characters (Guillotine, Morningstar, and Civil Warrior). To the best of my knowledge, they have only appeared in the Contest of Champions comic book.

i think venom the duck, and aegon are also created by them?

Ahh yeah, and probably Symbiote Supreme. Sometimes a character is only a character for a game. Heck, they had all those combo characters like Unstoppable Ant and those aren't ever likely to become "official" Marvel characters.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★

Ahh yeah, and probably Symbiote Supreme. Sometimes a character is only a character for a game. Heck, they had all those combo characters like Unstoppable Ant and those aren't ever likely to become "official" Marvel characters.

thats is true. so maybe some but not all of them?
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    Swe_wolfis wrote: »
    This quote is from Bill Rosemann, Marvel Games Exex creative director

"...there’s a special thrill to adding new heroes and villains to Marvel’s rich roster, so being given the chance to introduce Civil Warrior, Guillotine, Morningstar and Aegon will always remain a highpoint."

IE, they are Marvel characters.

wack
  • Luckylefty01Luckylefty01 Posts: 155
    If Marvel ever wants to use them in comics, they can. Best example is the Civil Warrior, Marvel used him to create the Hydra Cap armor he wore in last years comic.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    No
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Has Gully been in comics already? Admittedly I'm not a comic book reader but I'm pretty sure I've seen some she's been in

Would love to see her comics or a movie about her origin story.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    Guillotine is one of my favorites. I'd love to see her introduced in the MCU but the real question is... Who should play her? 🤔
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Guillotine is one of my favorites. I'd love to see her introduced in the MCU but the real question is... Who should play her? 🤔

Isn't it obvious? Sofia Boutella
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Has Gully been in comics already? Admittedly I'm not a comic book reader but I'm pretty sure I've seen some she's been in

She's in US Avengers #7
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    Every Marvel property has its own universe in the Marvel multiverse. So the one most people think of when they think of the comics is Earth-616, the Marvel Studios movies and TV shows take place on Earth-199999, the Fox X-Men movies are Earth-10005 (although I think this might have changed after the timeline was altered or something). In any case, Marvel Contest of Champions takes places on Earth-TRN517. All of the original characters in the game are official Marvel characters and could theoretically be in the comics during some universal crossover event, and of course Marvel could just write a 616 version of Guilly or whoever if they wanted to.
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★

To be fair, there actually is a symbiote possessed Doctor Strange in the Multiverse. So I wouldn't coun't him though.
  • There is a Guillotine comic that is trying to get off the ground. Don’t know much besides that, but Gabe is working on getting it published. I’m hyped about it as well!
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I’m not really an avid comic book reader, but I would totally read a Guillotine comic series!
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    It sure looks like aegons head on the grandmasters champion totem on Sakaar in Thor Rag.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    Belfigor2 said:

It sure looks like aegons head on the grandmasters champion totem on Sakaar in Thor Rag.

It is Man Thing(top), Beta Ray Bill(left), Ares(right), Bi Beast(bottom right), Darkcrawler(bottom left) and Fin Fang Foom(bottom)

so one you thought was kabam weird creation is Ares, god of war
    I wish kabam add what marvel already have instead of adding copies of copies or making their own weird ones.
    They could have added Hercules, Pluto, Ares, Zeus, Odin, Balder, Lady Sif etc...
    Hercules, Pluto, Ares, Zeus, Odin, Balder aren't original marvel characters. They are copies of greek and norse mythology
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Heck no. Squirrel girl, Nintendo may be interested in acquiring her character license
  • Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Posts: 238 ★★
    Drake2078 said:

Heck no. Squirrel girl, Nintendo may be interested in acquiring her character license

Squirrel Girl isn't an MCoC creation. She is an existing Marvel comics character.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

There is a Guillotine comic that is trying to get off the ground. Don’t know much besides that, but Gabe is working on getting it published. I’m hyped about it as well!

I read the heck out of that.
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    Guilly was in the Marvel Contest Of Champions mini comic series that was released, alongside Punisher 2099 before he arrived in the game
  • age_of_andycapage_of_andycap Posts: 95
    Jackd1989 said:

Guilly was in the Marvel Contest Of Champions mini comic series that was released, alongside Punisher 2099 before he arrived in the game

Symbiotes shown in the game are also in the same comic series... revived Contest of Champions run.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    yes they are i have a few funky pops of Guillotine Venompool and Civil Warrior. Marvel has every right to use these characters if they want to.