**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Featured 5 star or standard.

This will only be my second 5 star hero (my first was cyclops blue team) I have 15,000 5 star shards. I desperately want a 5 star omega red. He was added to the standard crystals today anyway. Should I get the feature done 5 star or the standard.

Featured 5 star or standard. 54 votes

Featured
3%
Spity68PIZZATIME 2 votes
Standard
96%
DNA3000GamerThatweirdguyBigPoppaCBONETimone147JestressLe_Marv_8Alex13369RichiesDad79nebbm3eppsNEO_mr_AndersonCoBfan1987HairyslugSoulreaverasAhitlawDoonxThecrusher_9756BluDragonAustin555555 52 votes

Comments

• Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    Standard
    Standard...I once saved for a featured 5* and got Civil Warrior..never again
  • Options
    AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Standard
    I just sun my first featured and got Rhino 😭😭😭😭 go for basic
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Standard
    If this helps, here's what I've pulled off this featured:

Howard the duck
    Jane Foster
    Yellow Cyclops (three times)
    Daredevil
    Spider Man symbiote
    Karnak
    Spider Man classic
    Quake
    Carnage
  • Options
    Sheer_ColdSheer_Cold Posts: 183
    Standard
    Go for standard! In my eyes it is way more worth doing it than saving up for featured. Plus, you could get 3rd 5* quicker.
  • Options
    RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Standard
    It is highly likely to get a trash champ after paying 5000 extra shards. It's just not worth it.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,661 Guardian
    Standard
    I know you "desperately" want Omega Red, but you only have a one in twenty four chance of getting him from featured. If you were going to be pulling a dozen crystals, I'd say maybe give it a shot. If you're opening crystals at a very slow rate, like it seems you are, you want quantity over the rare shot at the perfect champ. Because odds are you won't get that perfect pull, and you need to moderate your downside when you aren't getting many pulls.
  • Options
    Standard
    Ive pulled Archangel and Medusa from basic. Ive never bought a 5*featured hero crystal. It's a waste of half a 5* imo.
  • Options
    Lucasjones_98Lucasjones_98 Posts: 461
    Yeah I think it’s best that I get a basic, I mean I’ve still got a chance at omega red. I mean I think I’m doing fairly well for someone who’s never spent money on the game I got 13 4*s coming up to my 14th after the next 7 day alliance event expires. And I mean there’s still a chance of me pulling omega red which is good. So fingers crossed I’ll post what I pull lol
  • Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Trust me dude just got my third ever 5 star and it was ghost from a basic
  • Options
    Standard
    theyre both terrible for me anyways havent opened a featured but from my basics i pulled a drax who is useless considering my 4* attackers are better venompool useless civil warrior useless rocket and classic spiderman same deal as drax the only remotely good champ is yondu on defense
  • Options
    Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    Standard
    go 10k and save 5k for your next 5* also saves 5k extra disappointment too
  • Options
    Standard
    So what did you get?
  • Options
    The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Standard
    The last featured I opened...1ltyx09is0ts.jpeg
  • Options
    I’ve not opened it yet lol I’m gonna do it tomorrow my sons been really ill today so ain’t really had time to play
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,661 Guardian
    Standard
    Stance wrote: »
    I always go for standard, because I'll have more 5* to help with arena grinding.

In general that will be true for most players, but it is worth making sure it actually is true if that is your goal. In my case I fell into the rare circumstance that at the time the current featured 5* crystal was released I had about half the 5* champs in the basic crystal but only three of the champs in the featured. Mathematically speaking, it was more likely that I would get more new champs from opening featured crystals than basics, even accounting for the higher cost, so I decided to conduct an experiment and pull those until the current iteration ran its course.

In fact, with two weeks to go it hasn't quite worked out that way, but that's luck of the draw. I still don't recommend doing this, but in my case it was worth giving it a shot.
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Standard
    Do standard until you get a big enough roster that you can afford to waste the extra 5k shards.
  • Options
    I got Dormammu
  • Options
    So what did you get?
    Dormammu
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Standard
    Dormammu is a great pull. And I have nearly 100 5* champs and I still almost always open standard. The last feature I tried gave me Rhino, where my last standard gave me Killmonger...
  • Options
    Dormammu is a great pull. And I have nearly 100 5* champs and I still almost always open standard. The last feature I tried gave me Rhino, where my last standard gave me Killmonger...
    What’s his best use?
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Standard
    So what did you get?
    Dormammu

That is why the featureds are a waste. Too much of a chance you get something from the basic. At least you did not get a total trash champ. They love to put soooo many trash champs in the featured crystals. I tried 3-4 both 5* & 6* and got all trash champs so i am off them completely.

They don't have to put all god tier in the featured but for the extra 5k shards they could at least remove the trash like Rhino, Karnak, cyclops, KG, etc....
  • Options
    Standard
    What’s his best use?

Dormammu is one of the best power control champs out there, in my opinion. His SP2 can power lock and power burn (if timed right), allowing you to keep the opponent's power limited. I find him effective against power gain champs like Hyperion. Also, his immunities are of course quite useful, and he has some interesting synergies. If you run lots of villains in your teams and have Hood, the synergy between those two allows a chance for villains to revive with some of their HP on what would be a knockout hit. I've found that to be a useful addition when making him the 5th in a Ghost-Wasp-Antman-Hood team (since Ghost is a villain she benefits from it).
  • Options
    I
    What’s his best use?

Dormammu is one of the best power control champs out there, in my opinion. His SP2 can power lock and power burn (if timed right), allowing you to keep the opponent's power limited. I find him effective against power gain champs like Hyperion. Also, his immunities are of course quite useful, and he has some interesting synergies. If you run lots of villains in your teams and have Hood, the synergy between those two allows a chance for villains to revive with some of their HP on what would be a knockout hit. I've found that to be a useful addition when making him the 5th in a Ghost-Wasp-Antman-Hood team (since Ghost is a villain she benefits from it).
    What are his immunities? Bleed or? Sorry for so many questions. I’m still learning this game
  • Options
    Standard
    No problem, happy to help. You can find all the details of champs by looking at their abilities list in the game (when looking at the info for the champ, the abilities list can be accessed on the right side of the screen; I'm on my computer, so sadly I can't show a screenshot of it). Dormammu is double immune, with immunity to both bleed AND poison. So, nodes like Biohazard or champs like AA don't effect him.