**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on Labyrinth of Legends?

SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
I feel that LOL can be a place where skill is emphasized. However, because of the broken evade bug, it defeats that so when I'm 5% on Star Lord clutching a 100+ combo but then get evaded -- game over -- because I can't recover and the AI can miraculously attack immediately. I hope they remove that evade mechanic for LOL 2.0

Anyways, what are your thoughts people?

Comments

• Options
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    Siliyo wrote: »
    I feel that LOL can be a place where skill is emphasized. However, because of the broken evade bug, it defeats that so when I'm 5% on Star Lord clutching a 100+ combo but then get evaded -- game over -- because I can't recover and the AI can miraculously attack immediately. I hope they remove that evade mechanic for LOL 2.0

Anyways, what are your thoughts people?

It wasnt an issue to me and I 100 percent it.

Are you saying you don't mind the evade or were you just lucky by not getting evaded on so many times?
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    LOL was a good benchmark for skill when players were only able to have one to a few 4/55 champions, MCOC's meta has come a long way since then. Though AW Seasons made high tier war a more accurate benchmark for skill whaling out on boosts can take away from high tier war's ability to differentiate skill from spending. Variant is currently the best content for identifying skilled play but even Variant has its limits due to certain champions being required to get through Variant with skill instead of spending. If we're lucky Act 6 will raise the bar with what counts as skillful play without too many ridiculous node/champion combinations, like power gain with passive AI or unavoidable damage with no counters.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    "If we're lucky Act 6 will raise the bar with what counts as skillful play without too many ridiculous node/champion combinations, like power gain with passive AI or unavoidable damage with no counters."

That's exactly how I feel. I want to be able to do something skillfully without Kabam changing the AI or adding nodes that are absurd, "fun and interactive" and all other sorts of **** like that. MCOC's story is what engages me and I would love skill to be something more prevalent in the game too.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    It is called mark of the lab global node. The less health you have the more likely your enemy will random evade and the more damage they make thru block
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    its not an evade bug or issue. its what it was built to do
  • Options
    Primmer79 wrote: »

You don't seem to understand what I was trying to say. I understand evade is part of Labyrinth. However, it is an evade bug when the enemy evades and immediately attacks you. Kabam have stated they have "fixed" this issue especially with champs like Spidey but it's not fixed.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    It is called mark of the lab global node. The less health you have the more likely your enemy will random evade and the more damage they make thru block

rppn8dfbse7o.png

I understand the attack increasing the lower the health (although I do not understand the developer's intention with that), but Mark of the Labyrinth does not indicate the evade chance increases when your health is lower. P.S. This isn't my account, I got this screenshot off of a google search.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    You'll need to post a video showing what you are experiencing, the evade bug that was around a while ago was clearly not working correctly. I've been doing LOL practice for a few hours today since I just rank 5'd Ghost and was testing her and didn't face any evade bug. If an opponent evades your final medium or end of a special and sometimes your first medium they can attack in right after, it's not a bug just how evade has always functioned. That's why you aren't supposed to do full 5 combos against evade champions like nightcrawler and spiderman. I'd rather see evade gone but since it's rare and even if it does proc most of the time it's on a hit where they don't immediately attack in it's not that bad.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    Jep in lol never use mlllm only mllll never finish with M
  • Options
    Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »

You talk everywhere about your R5 SL but you don't even know what node does what....Id like to see your video of Maestro solo even more now
  • Options
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »

You don't seem to understand what I was trying to say. I understand evade is part of Labyrinth. However, it is an evade bug when the enemy evades and immediately attacks you. Kabam have stated they have "fixed" this issue especially with champs like Spidey but it's not fixed.

I didn't have that bug so much unless I cornered the opponent and ended my combo with medium. When they evaded my final medium and they were cornered, its almost a guarantee that they will immediately hit you
  • Options
    Sungj wrote: »
    You'll need to post a video showing what you are experiencing, the evade bug that was around a while ago was clearly not working correctly. I've been doing LOL practice for a few hours today since I just rank 5'd Ghost and was testing her and didn't face any evade bug. If an opponent evades your final medium or end of a special and sometimes your first medium they can attack in right after, it's not a bug just how evade has always functioned. That's why you aren't supposed to do full 5 combos against evade champions like nightcrawler and spiderman. I'd rather see evade gone but since it's rare and even if it does proc most of the time it's on a hit where they don't immediately attack in it's not that bad.

I just 100% LoL with her. good luck. Abom will be the most fun fight for you
  • Options
    RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    If you wanna avoid getting hit after they evade, dont do 5 hit combos
    MLLL then end the combo
  • Options
    Mike12867 wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »

I just 100% LoL with her. good luck. Abom will be the most fun fight for you

I was planning on bringing Blade and hope Danger Sense removes the Poison Node.