Not reconnecting after communication hiccups

KlizeusKlizeus Member Posts: 17
I frequently play when I commute and unfortunately along the route there are places with lower connectivity.
Previously this could cause MCOC to crash.
Since two patches ago it just hangs there forever never recovering with an endlessly spinning wheel. Apparently this can happen at any part of the application - while logging in, end of fights, while trying to move a tile, opening a crystal, etc.
The only thing left to do is force close the app and reopen.

It's most annoying when it happens during fights, because for whatever reason that super annoying policy of losing Arena matches or losing half the max health in quests is still turned on. I really don't understand why this policy still exists. I'd rather have cheaters that are able to cheat that way and not suffer from this. If the fight can't be recovered, it should just start over as if it never happened.

Anyway, I hope Kabam handles this as follows:
  1. Fix this issue. When you lose a connection, whatever request was going on should be retried via some sort of backoff policy.
  2. Start to routinely test their app under low connectivity conditions (as is customary for many mobile apps). I happen to work for a company that produces a highly used mobile app and this really a very basic demand from QA.
  3. Add test code for such cases as part of the build.

The app is much more stable than the previous release right now (where it just constantly crashed), but this nagging issue is still super annoying.

Comments

• adrianclarksonadrianclarkson Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2017
    I've been having the same issue, even when fully conected
  • KlizeusKlizeus Member Posts: 17
    BTW I forgot to mention another part of this bug or another related bug:

Once you do re-login and the fight is recovered, if it's a quest fight, you might start out in auto fight mode. You have to realize this (which for my speed usually means get hit a few times) and then tap the auto fight button twice (to sort of turn it on and back off) in order to snap out of it.

But this is rare. Usually the fight simply isn't recovered...
  • FeralclawFeralclaw Member Posts: 68
    Same issue here for me. But not only on communication hickups.

I've also had problems lately with the game freezing between menu changes or in parts where it needs to "load". For example at the end of a match when the champion is posing and the loading wheel appears, the game just stays there and doesn't recover. The fight doesn't register most of the times, sometimes nothing happens, others I lose half energy, others the fight registers and the game appears to have saved the end match results even though I had to restart the app.
  • FeralclawFeralclaw Member Posts: 68
    Some additional information:

- Android user;
    - It isn't related to my connection, it happens on the phone (Sony Xperia) and on my tablet (Nvidia Shield), it happens on thetering scenarions, with wi-fi connected, or with data connection on the phone, both at home, at work and at wi-fi spots so it's not related to the problem;
    - Happens on communication hickups, doesn't recover from those, but also on loading screens, seems to freeze and not load at all and doesn't recover, sometimes progress is saved others it's not, app needs to be restarted most of the times;
    - It's happening to several of our Alliance members since 14.0 update;
    - iOS and Android Alliance members have been reporting this issue;
    - Most players report that the issue happens most when changing ingame screens, and occasionally in pre-fight screens or post-fight screens;
    - Players from the US and from the EU;

Would very much appreciate a bump on this problem since it impacts gameplay and fights, we lose fight progress which might hurt us a bit on harder content, AQ, AW. Moderators if you could really look into this and pass it on for analysis of your dev team we would very much appreciate it. Thanks!