**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Changes needed to Alliance wars from ISO8A

Just a few simple suggestions to improve Alliance wars going forward.

1) Remove defenders remaining from the scoring total. Serves zero purpose and it will eliminate one of the current issues with AW.
2) Hide all defender names.
3) Hide the name of the alliance you are fighting until the war is over and eliminate the war chat.
4) Eliminate the match found notification.
5) Set 5pm PST (2 hours prior to the deadline) as a ceiling as to when you can be assured a match to be found within the allotted time frame. Anyone searching after that time will risk not finding a match in time.
6) At 7pm PST, all match notifications are sent out.

Regards,
Doc JC
Leader ISO8A

Comments

• EncoreEncore Posts: 35
    I like 5 and 6. Also perhaps make it that alliance just preplace their defence instead of having to wait the full 24 hours.
  • thergrimthergrim Posts: 8
    Good suggestion!
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    So complicated... just need to

1) hide the +/- war rating differential then no one knows who they are fighting during placement.

2) extended the matching window (6+ hours) so a bigger group of alliances are being matched at a time instead of first come first serve style.

The biggest issue isn't the fights or who the defenders are, its the match 'making'
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    DocJC wrote: »

1) Remove defenders remaining from the scoring total. Serves zero purpose and it will eliminate one of the current issues with AW.
    3) Hide the name of the alliance you are fighting until the war is over and eliminate the war chat.
    5) Set 5pm PST (2 hours prior to the deadline) as a ceiling as to when you can be assured a match to be found within the allotted time frame. Anyone searching after that time will risk not finding a match in time.

Regards,
    Doc JC
    Leader ISO8A

Personal experience opinions:

1. No.
    2. Yes.
    3. Maybe.
    4. No. Would like to know when to place champs. You log in, match found, nice reminder to place champs, unless we want to add "place champs" every time they log in when they havent placed
    5. -6. Maybe?

4-5-6. If im understanding this right, you want match notifications sent out at the deadline for matchmaking. this wont work due to 3 matchmakings in a row. If its sent out later, does it all start later? if it doesnt start later, people could miss the notification to place? if it is sent out later than the actual start, what purpose does it serve?

I am fully on board for a revamp, and I hope part of the issues on their end are with them fiddling with matchmaking, but I think your ideas are a little off based.
  • BluntMacheteBluntMachete Posts: 134
    Who cares if you know who you’re fighting during placement... you still need to fight them and finish. I guess it’s easier to tell when you’re in higher tier but it’s not that easy in tier 3/4 from experience and frankly, it’s a non issue.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    Who cares if you know who you’re fighting during placement... you still need to fight them and finish. I guess it’s easier to tell when you’re in higher tier but it’s not that easy in tier 3/4 from experience and frankly, it’s a non issue.

One of the ways top alliances reduce deaths are by knowing exactly who they will fight... such as keeping spreadsheets of all champs they fought from each member of each alliance... hiding member and alliance name will help them from doing all the time consuming researches before fighting each champ. This is definitely a top alliance motive and a non issue for tier 3/4.
  • BluntMacheteBluntMachete Posts: 134
    Exactly, I’m sure Kabam has bigger issues to deal with than to cater to the top 20 alliances in AW because they need to find a 0.1% edge somewhere. If you’re afraid you’re being scouted, then do it too, there, it’s even.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Exactly, I’m sure Kabam has bigger issues to deal with than to cater to the top 20 alliances in AW because they need to find a 0.1% edge somewhere. If you’re afraid you’re being scouted, then do it too, there, it’s even.

If you can find out who you're fighting beforehand, it also opens up collusion.
  • DocJCDocJC Posts: 74

Just because it doesn’t affect you, doesn’t mean it’s not an issue.

The point is to make all alliance wars fair right? Going to war means uncertainty the vast majority of the time.

If Kabam wants to make it fair play, go all the way and make it fair for EVERYONE. Hide it all.
    Primmer79 wrote: »

If you can find out who you're fighting beforehand, it also opens up collusion.

Correct. I’m all for no one knowing anything. Just eliminate all potential for cheating from the match. There can be no cheating, if there is no way to communicate.

What’s there to say regardless during a war? Surely nothing productive.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    I’ve only ever been Gold 1, and have no desire to go higher anymore, so excuse any ignorance here. 2-4,6 seem geared toward collusion, if its that big of a problem at the top, much like piloting, buying fake units, modding, and whatever else, wouldn’t it just be easier to disincentivise cheating than it is to try and figure out fair to everyone workarounds to the little hacks and cheats people will always come up with? Make the punishment so harsh and the detection so efficient that it’s absolutely not worth it, wouldn’t that just be a lot more simple?
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    DocJC wrote: »

Regards,
    Doc JC
    Leader ISO8A

But... why? Why eliminate notifications? Why hide defender names? Why hide alliance names? How at all do you expect your requests to even be considered, if you are not giving any reasoning or context to your requests????

I’m sorry dude, but just because you are the leader of one of the top whale milking alliances in game, doesn’t mean you can just request anything & expect it to happen. You need to give some reasoning behind your requests, detailing why the changes should go through. Otherwise, you just sound like a whiny spammer with no real intent to have a constructive post.
    Eliminating names removes the ability for either alliance to guess potential champ placement.

Eliminating notifications removes the ability to manipulate matchmaking.

By simply removing information from both sides, the vast majority of issues plaguing AW can be solved.

They are simple concepts really. If people would take the time to think about them, instead of just critique them, you would realize it benefits all alliances.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    For point 5... isn’t this more of a self-governing issue? Why does Kabam need to set the deadline at 5pm on PST? If you know that any later that this impacts the ability to find a match, then don’t search after 5 PST. The cutoff is the cutoff.

Just my opinion.
  • Drillh3adDrillh3ad Posts: 36
    The match notification has long been used to figure your opponent in AW. The +/- gives the range to look in. The notification is basically a time stamp that you can compare with alliances in that range.