**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Elders Bane

I’m curious.

For all you Elders Bane players out there, how long did it take you to fully 100% Act 5? Also, did most of you leave your alliance to do it (therefore enabling you to have your top champs more readily available to complete content).

Or did you stay in your alliance?

Comments

• DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Few months after 5.4 dropped I had it done.

Did not leave alliance or miss alliance events.
  • Jank39Jank39 Posts: 139
    I think that is quite a general question as everyone would have been at different stages of their roster/mcoc progression. You'll find there will have been a good number of more serious players who were keen for the rewards while others like myself who just did a few runs of a map each month as time and attitude permitted. Its long, so requires the right roster and real desire to do it more than anything. Can be easy to get disheartened if your team gets KOd early so just prepare properly and understand its ok to exit and restart, you'll complete it eventually. Good luck :smile:
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Not been in a very pushy alliance, not had top champs locked in, after initial completion it took me a few weeks until I tried to complete. Full exploration took like 2 weeks, 5.1 and 5.4 were easiest
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Was able to explore 80% of it in less than a month. Didn't spend any cash on any items, but went super hard core into the grind.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited January 2019
    I completed Act 5 (just initial clear) on the day it came. But I explored it like 6-7 months after IIRC. because I didn't feel ready at the time.

some time in between the 6-7 months I just did 2 paths on the Ultron quest, but actually started exploring once I felt ready and with the enough roster to do it, and I am glad I did it because I didn't waste as much items as I expected I was going to do (no units IIRC except on refills and used some few revives I had but nothing big).
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I became uncollected December of 2017. Didnt even touch 5.3 for a couple months. Once I finally buckled down and decided to take a legitimate crack at it, I had act 5 completion done in April of 2018. I then continued to work on it when I could and became elders bane in August of 2018. I did not leave my alliance for it, but instead really focused on content during the breaks in between war seasons and the off days of AQ. My ally completely stopped doing wars in between seasons, so it was a good opportunity for me.

Imo it was worth waiting, because I was continuing to build up my roster to have the most efficient run possible. I certainly used far less items going for it when I did then I would have going for it at first opportunity, and that made the content far more fun and enjoyable. That's really the point of it all, right? I would say don't feel super rushed to get it done, take it at your own pace!
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Took maybe 2 months to bang it out. Think I did an initial clear then held off for a little bit. Thencwent back and 100% it. Didn’t need to leave alliance. Did a lane or 2 a day. Only down time was during war attack phase. After I would clear monthly EQ that was main focus. Can do map 5 with B team so I had a decent amount of time to get some act 5 in.
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    Loving all the insight on Act 5 everyone.

I was having doubts because I was seeing all my in game friends progressing faster than I am. They used to be lower than me but have surpassed me at this point in time.

I sometimes struggle to be patient irl as well as things like gaming. It’s tough, but sometimes I understand that I have to do things at my own pace and when it doesn’t become fun anymore, I shouldn’t be doing things the way I do.
    Must’ve been because of my “Life is Short” Mentality sometimes
  • Dean9300450Dean9300450 Posts: 85
    A good stash of energy refill, and your good to go, it would take you around a month to 100% act 5,i did it in a month
  • Dean9300450Dean9300450 Posts: 85
    In a gold 1,5*5
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★

I was having doubts because I was seeing all my in game friends progressing faster than I am. They used to be lower than me but have surpassed me at this point in time.

I sometimes struggle to be patient irl as well as things like gaming. It’s tough, but sometimes I understand that I have to do things at my own pace and when it doesn’t become fun anymore, I shouldn’t be doing things the way I do.

I hear you, it's natural really to want to be able to complete everything as fast as possible. But that often leads to a lot of frustration when you hit something you cannot yet complete. When you see people passing you, you'll want to catch up. But remember story content will always be there, and you can hit it at anytime!!

Don't be afraid to go in and practice, I know when I was prepping to start I would go in for a few fights and just test the water. Get more practice in with some of my champs. So that when I was doing a serious run, I was more confident in what I was doing. Patience is key in this game, and I think you will find it a lot more rewarding to go at it prepared then trying to shoot for it if you're not quite ready. But everyone does it differently!

Good luck whenever you do decide to start going for it!
    TKS87 wrote: »

I hear you, it's natural really to want to be able to complete everything as fast as possible. But that often leads to a lot of frustration when you hit something you cannot yet complete. When you see people passing you, you'll want to catch up. But remember story content will always be there, and you can hit it at anytime!!

Don't be afraid to go in and practice, I know when I was prepping to start I would go in for a few fights and just test the water. Get more practice in with some of my champs. So that when I was doing a serious run, I was more confident in what I was doing. Patience is key in this game, and I think you will find it a lot more rewarding to go at it prepared then trying to shoot for it if you're not quite ready. But everyone does it differently!

Good luck whenever you do decide to start going for it!

Thanks so much. Means a lot 🤘🏽
  • I played 11 hours in a row once to almost 100% 5.3. Was deadly but worth it.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Explored 5.2-5.4 in a month
    BobbyCec wrote: »
    I played 11 hours in a row once to almost 100% 5.3. Was deadly but worth it.

I wouldn’t do that myself. I would probably break my fingers or get carpal tunnel.

Also don’t have enough time in the day to go 11 hours even if I did want to go that way lol.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    I am currently in the process of 100% Act 5. Taking my time thought although moving faster than I did when I beat Act 4 to beating the Collector.

I did the completion of Act 5 around end of November. I beat the collector in August I think or when ever we had the quest with Red Skull because I cheesed Adaptoid and Red Skull with my 3* Ronan. Will always remember that.

Currently working on Chapter 4 100%. Done about 80% of the chapter. Waiting to rank up my Sabretooth so I can use his synergy to get around Ultrons node. Used Loki first time but wasted to many units. At the moment Act 5 is on the backburner. Broke from the gifting event and need to get monthly event done.