**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I have a question

Why does willpower not heal me when the debuff heal block is placed?

Comments

• SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★

Really? You expect to heal when you have a HEAL BLOCK debuff?
  • Welderofortune2Welderofortune2 Posts: 139
    I stand by my question, This is the description on the mastery tree. " For each type of debuff active on your Champions they regenerate xx% per second and gain +xxx armor. no effect on Robots" Regeneration is not the same as heal IMO. This is the definition of regeneration "the action or process of regenerating or being regenerated, in particular the formation of new animal or plant tissue" The hinge for me is the forming of new tissue, not healing damaged tissue. As the definition of heal is "(of a person or treatment) cause (a wound, injury, or person) to become sound or healthy again." this is not the same as regenerating new tissue as healing is merely fixing damaged tissue, this is why it takes no effect of robots and they gain self repair charges or buffs. I look forward to this being corrected in the future.
    @Hamin could you read my post before passing judgment.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    I did.

It's the same as:

Why isn't GR incinerate immune?
    Why isn't Iceman cold immune?
    Why can you parry lasers?
    How can Blade cause you to bleed when he parries a laser?
    Etc etc etc

You're using semantics to bolster your argument when there really isn't much to it.

Willpower grants regen on debuffs. Heal block prevents all healing. Regen is a type of healing.

There isn't anything complicated here.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question...

Sometimes, there is......
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Heal or regen, same thing in the game.
    As you can see by the wording, is a regeneration over time. It lasts as long as the debuff is on you.
    Heal block means you won't heal when it's placed on you. Willpower DOES interact with an heal block debuff, and it still gives you regen over time as well as the armor. But since your regeneration is blocked, then you will only get the armor from the mastery
    So not to beat a dead horse but even Kabam in the wording of the despair mastery, implies that regen and heal are not the same things. Could I ether get a mod call or a fix. Thanks

zer8a4lg11dp.png
  • Hey there, the in-game description of Heal Block states that it "prevents Health from being recovered by abilities like Regeneration". Since Willpower would normally allow you to gain health, Heal Block would prevent that from happening. I hope this helps clear things up!
    @Welderofortune2 speaking in semantics. Mods have spoken. Going to accept their answer?
    Probably for now, but under their description for heal block it specifically states regeneration. So IMO heal block should not block self repair from robots, as it is not stated anywhere in their response and that is clearly not regen but self repair. Furthermore the willpower mastery has no effect on robots so therefore robots can not regen so heal block should not affect them. Just my two cents @Sabrefencer
    Just don't get how it's so difficult to understand that in this, and just about any other game, that Regeneration and Heal are synonymous with each other.
    I have already laid out that they are two very different things, one deals with repairing or healing damaged tissues, while the other is regenerating or creating new tissues. I understand what they and you @Sabrefencer are trying to say while I am merely stating that sloppy use of two different terms and then using both terms some places and only one in others is confusing, when you are trying to understand the interactions of different nodes and game mechanics. When they clearly don't really care how it all interacts, is bothersome to me. This is just the first one I have commented on, I will be on the look out for others.
    It's a mobile device game, stop over-thinking it.
    It's a mobile device game, stop over-thinking it.

But yet people sink millions of dollars into it, so maybe they should be held to the same standards that other company's are held too, @Sabrefencer . Once again this is just my 2 cents, but as the game gets more complex we need to start being very careful about wording and such.
    Wow. I'm glad Zibiit explained it. Because it's not like 10 other people did.
    Hmmm... let me try and use a different analogy:

Meow: housecat places annoyance debuff on player
    Roar: tiger places poop-your-pants debuff on player
    Food: prevents all feline vocal debuffs
    edited January 2019
    @Hamin but did any of you explain it? You told me they are the same thing while I quoted sources that showed they are not the same thing. You said they were same in game then, so I posted a pick about the despair mastery that shows that somebody thinks they are different or else why would they make the distinction as that would be redundant. Then you attempt to belittle my question entirely by using what "analogy" you think applies in this situation. So still waiting on that answer, but am willing to go along with kinda what Zibiit said but still would like the proper wording used in game.
    @Hamin but did any of you explain it? You told me they are the same thing while I quoted sources that showed they are not the same thing. You said they were same in game then, so I posted a pick about the despair mastery that shows that somebody thinks they are different or else why would they make the distinction as that would be redundant. Then you attempt to belittle my question entirely by using what "analogy" you think applies in this situation. So still waiting on that answer, but am willing to go along with kinda what Zibiit said but still would like the proper wording used in game.

Nah bruh.

Pointing out cats and tigers are felines and even though the debuffs are named differently the are vocal.

Healing is healing.
    Regen is a HoT.

How many straws are you going to try and grasp?
    The point I'm trying to make and am failing at is it is a grey area, why is heal block, heal block but yet despair is heal/regen reversal? It is not spelled out as are many other interactions in this game. Just trying to make the point that devs should go the extra step and make sure everything is spelled out so some a##h#le like me can't tear it apart.
  • CLMPitombeiraCLMPitombeira Posts: 51
    :D this thread is gold kkkkkk

• RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    You really think that willpower should work on heal block?
    OMEGALUL
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    My god @Welderofortune just let it go man, you have overthinked this more than anyone has overthinked something before. There are like hundreds of other things you could be addressing about the game but you chose something that makes sense to everyone else.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Going to close this out as the question has already been answered and the thread is no longer constructive.
This discussion has been closed.