"Dream Team" around Cap IW

Aztecan22Aztecan22 Member Posts: 8
Let's presume that Cap IW is your centerpiece of a 5 champ rank 5, 5* roster. For the sake of discussion, let's presume everyone is duped. Considering synergies and class relationships, what are your top 4 champs that you put next to him? (and your content focus is flexibility to be able to use there 5 champs as often as possible)

Comments

• Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★
    I can't decide 4. I will say these 5, in any desired combination, depending on possible opponents:

Vision
    Thor
    Scarlet Witch
    Hulk Ragnarok
    Hawkeye

I only have the top 3, so I guess it's easier for mine. ;-)
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Member Posts: 234 ★★
    IMIW/Killmonger/stark/blade
  • Aztecan22Aztecan22 Member Posts: 8
    Interesting - just to be clear I'm saying all champs are available not just the ones he has synergies with. (Just wondering if those synergies supercede the typical god-tier champs you would pair)
    edited January 2019
    Hey, Vision, Thor, SW and Hulk are incredible champions by themselves, even more so when they are duped. Why not make them even better next to CAIW...?

Especially the Science Experiment & Mystic Craft synergies are too good to miss.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Member Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    If I had all the champs, it would probably be something like CAIW, SW, DV, Hawkeye, Domino.
  • Aztecan22Aztecan22 Member Posts: 8
    Glad to see some mention of Hawkeye and Ghulk - I've been wrestling with the idea of prioritizing those champs over the traditional god tier champs for rank 5.
  • iSenbergiSenberg Member Posts: 9
    Cap IW is my top champ (5s ab200), a good team for him should have ironman IW, night trasher and hulk ragnarock for sinergies (increased debuff duration, an extra debuff and passive weakness), the 4th champ should be chosen in relation to the circumstances, but in lot of chases i prefere a good cosmic for armor break (hyperion, corvus, medusa...). Another good choice could be OG vision instead of ironman or blade-Stark removing trasher too.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Member Posts: 782 ★★★
    I think it really depends on what battles you are trying to win more than anything.

Trying to reverse healing? Then you need a tech, IMIW would be ideal as he extends the up time on some relevant debuffs. You'd also want a science and cosmic if you run Despair.

Fighting an Electro or someone with an annoying node like the Mesmerize. You want a NightThrasher on your team to put that special -50% ability accuracy debuff on your parries.

One champ that is pretty great for almost any challenge with him is Hulk Rags. That 50% reduction in damage when you're not being hit is amazing for any debuffs, degenerations, and just for reducing block damage even further.
  • dkatryldkatryl Member Posts: 672 ★★★
    My main quest team is made up of:
    r5 5* Hypy, sig 100
    r4 5* X23, sig 80ish
    r4 5* OG Vision, sig 120ish
    r3 5* Void, sig 85-ish
    r1 6* CAIW, unduped.

The CAIW/Vision/Void synergies are wonderful.

Too bad I duped my stupid 6* IF instead of my 6* CAIW
  • ESFESF Member Posts: 2,011 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    CapIW
    OG Vision
    Scarlet Witch
    Iceman
    Hyperion

With OG Vision and Scarlet Witch, Cap meets his two synergy requirement for increased damage and the entire team gets enhanced power gain

Iceman deals with any annoying Evade champions and can tank an SP3

OG Vision deals with any annoying Regen or Power Gain champions

Hyperion and Cap are your raw damage dealers, with Cap able to bleed and Hyperion able to Incinerate

OG Vision is double immune, Hyperion poison immune, Iceman triple immune

Scarlet Witch can still be pretty effective against Medusas and Hyperions with her Nullify, Power Steal and Power Lock. She isn't totally useless in tougher content

I run this team a lot

It's funny, though. There is one character you have to watch out for with this team: MODOK. A stacked MODOK with a bad set of nodes can be tough to deal with if you don't get him down the first time

If CAIW is awakened, you lose A LOT by not placing a Skill champion next to him. For me, this one is critical. Hawkeye, with whom he has synergy, is not a bad option. Blade or Killmonger are the top 2 Skill champions, worthy of placement.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Member Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Well, not really hypothetical for me but my team:
    -CapIW
    -Vision (I prefer AoU but OG because 5*)
    -Gulk (that science synergy is crazy in what damage it halves)
    -Hyperion (because he’s amazing and armourbreak for cap is useful in a variety of situations

Final spot depends on the situation really.
    When I did heavyweight champions clash the skill part of CapIW sig was invaluable for making void super easy.
    Mystic also came in handy as it meant every time I knocked off an unstoppable I got a kinetic charge back.
    Mutant, similar reason to mystic.