**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can someone explain to me why Essence of Darkness isn't working?

FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
This thing is supposed to reverse all regen effects on the enemies, right? I just played through Trials of the Alchemist for the first time and almost every enemy had a regen effect that was actively restoring their health. Occasionally a regen would kick in and do damage to them (the Essence working correctly), but about half the time it would just restore their health as if the Essence wasn't working. What's the deal here?

Comments

• RuiztheredRuizthered Posts: 4
    I have the same issue. It was basically useless. Mephisto kept gaining health. Why have the boost at all?
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    For some reason they designed it to be a Spectre debuff (like the one Guilly places on her SP2). It has a timer, and then doesn't refresh automatically. So potentially you could get unlucky with timing and the opponent could regen while the debuff isn't active.

It's pretty annoying and either the Boost isn't worded properly or it's not working properly depending on what their intentions were.

Not sure why they didn't make it a passive, permanent debuff on the opponent , considering how much they like putting passive buffs on characters these days to stop nullify champs from being OP.
  • RuiztheredRuizthered Posts: 4
    RogerRabs wrote: »
    For some reason they designed it to be a Spectre debuff (like the one Guilly places on her SP2). It has a timer, and then doesn't refresh automatically. So potentially you could get unlucky with timing and the opponent could regen while the debuff isn't active.

It's pretty annoying and either the Boost isn't worded properly or it's not working properly depending on what their intentions were.

Not sure why they didn't make it a passive, permanent debuff on the opponent , considering how much they like putting passive buffs on characters these days to stop nullify champs from being OP.

I noticed the debuff symbol appear from time to time, but the way it works doesn't go along with the description of the boost. If it says it reverses healing, it should reverse all healing. Or tell us how it really works so we can strategize. As I said before, it was basically useless for me. Mephisto did all his healing when the debuff wasn't active.
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    It would be cool if @Kabam Miike or someone could comment on how this thing is supposed to work. I fortunately didn't fight a lot of regen champs today so it wasn't as bad as last week, but I shouldn't have to say "fortunately", because the whole point of that boost is to give us an advantage against regen champs.
  • SportplayerSportplayer Posts: 5
    edited January 2019
    I have the same thing happening to me.
    @Kabam Miike any insight on when this debuff might be fixed to work correctly?
    Another week, another lack of a fix for this or even an answer about whether this was intended. @Kabam Miike is this event just going to end before anyone addresses this?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★
    Pretty sure this was intended to be useful but the execution was super poor. Like one person came up with the idea and they gave it to someone else that wasn’t at the meeting (or is just sloppy because no one checks their work or holds them accountable when things are broken or stupid as long as +$$$$$) so they don’t know (or care) that the way they implemented the boost was terrible.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    It works pretty well for good players
    Pretty sure this was intended to be useful but the execution was super poor. Like one person came up with the idea and they gave it to someone else that wasn’t at the meeting (or is just sloppy because no one checks their work or holds them accountable when things are broken or stupid as long as +$$$$$) so they don’t know (or care) that the way they implemented the boost was terrible.

It's weird because they've done similar boosts before in other trials-type events, and it was just a solid heal reversal that stayed up the entire time. I don't know why they implemented it this way this time.
    It works pretty well for good players

Player skill has absolutely nothing to do with it. You can be the best player in the world and the heal reversal will still only be temporary and stop working after a few seconds. There is no interaction you can perform to lengthen it or make it trigger again. So just get out of here with your useless comment.
  • Hey there, the boost is designed to reverse your opponents healing effects at regular intervals. Apologies for any confusion with the description. We've passed the feedback here to the rest of the team so that they can take it into account if this type of boost is used in events going forward.