**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Seriously what is going on with matchmaking

16m alliance. Every war this season we've had a higher rated alliance. 4x 20m. 2x 18m and latest war 22m. The matchmaking seriously needs looking at. It's got worse

Comments

• Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Alliance rating doesnt matter war rating does
  • Options
    UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    They already said matchmaking will be updated before next season starts but overall it is based on aw rating today
  • Options
    Woody141082Woody141082 Posts: 225 ★★
    edited January 2019
    I think it should be alliance rating and war rating combined. Maybe brackets that you fall into. It's like our alliance are being punished for continuously raising the bar and punching above our weight
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    I think it should be alliance rating and war rating combined. Maybe brackets that you fall into. It's like our alliance are being punished for continuously raising the bar and punching above our weight

the reason this is incorrect is you can have 10 level 60 guys with an average strength of 450k and you can have 10 guys with an average of 250k, both at the same alli rank, and the 240k guys utterly annihilate the 450k guys cause the 450k guys have 1 uncollected amongst them and mostly have armies of 3/45 everythings, while the 250ks are all Elders Bane and literally have nothing but 5 stars. As this is an actual thing, I'd gladly point out the names of the alliances I'm speaking of, were it not for board rules.
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    we matched mmxix who has 40m total, vs our mere 22m.

mmxiv are beatable and they have biggest rosters, but you can only put 150 defenders, they just have more r4/5 than others, but the max a person can put is 5 r5 5* defenders,

doesnt mean they are better/stronger, its all bout war rating.

if my 20m alliance all decided to make a new alaince with 0 war rating, we will be facing allainces near our war rating witch is 0.

if i ever want to chill, my account has multiple r5 5* defenders, and if i just want to join a 0-1000 war rating allaince with, we would win every single war because of my defenders,

• Options
    DonkillaDonkilla Posts: 161
    Big up to all the divergents and alligents
  • Options
    WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    If alliance rating is factored in then they should also consider making a player have a permanent base player rating so that when players sell champs their player rating will remain at the highest it was instead of lowering.
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    WATCHED wrote: »
    If alliance rating is factored in then they should also consider making a player have a permanent base player rating so that when players sell champs their player rating will remain at the highest it was instead of lowering.

Basing on prestige would solve that. Doesn’t matter if you have 200k PI or 1 mil. Top 5 champs are the only ones that count.

Have matchmaking try to find an opponent with the closest war rating and prestige. Problem is you will still run in to similar alliances. Most people have 2-3 5/65 champs and a few 4:55s. So prestige is pretty close. It just really depends on how many other 4:55s you have after that.

If you base it solely on PI then top alliances will sell all 4 star and lower to get their rating down.

There really isn’t a clear fix to it besides performance. Which is your war rating.

And as I’ve said before the only way to stop war rating manipulation is to freeze alliances war rating in the off season. So tanking doesn’t happen.
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    And as I’ve said before the only way to stop war rating manipulation is to freeze alliances war rating in the off season. So tanking doesn’t happen.

Right, because shell alliances aren't a thing used to manipulate rating.
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    djr17 wrote: »

Right, because shell alliances aren't a thing used to manipulate rating.

Can’t stop it all. But it would be a start. I know some alliances shell. But not most.