Courage and Assassin Masteries ( Possibly Attack Masteries in General ) Are Bugged

The video says it all!
«13

Comments

  • TuttoFumo1TuttoFumo1 Posts: 53
    Whaaaaat?!
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 327 ★★
    It's for real. Hoping the team at Kabam jumps on this quick and gets it fixed. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit happy to help with further testing if it helps.
  • RaidouRaidou Posts: 27
    Could be it is not working properly for certain debuffs that were triggered before your champion entered the courage range or the enemy champion entered the assassin range.
  • R0ID_RAGER0ID_RAGE Posts: 37
    great
  • Coatseyyyyy33Coatseyyyyy33 Posts: 46
    This is absurd.
  • XstasisXstasis Posts: 50
    "Working as intended" -kabam
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 328 ★★
    Thought it was just me, noticed this with my x-23 with the courage mastery, although assassin's does work
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 2,677 ★★★★
    I’m skeptical.

    Reposted fom reddit.

    Some observations and questions.

    For DoT the attack on an already existing effect is not modified by attack power until a new effect is triggered under the newly modified attack.

    Is Quake’s Earthquake damage increased after the Aftershock charges expire? The two may be intertwined so the attack modification may not apply until after the charges have run their course. Same could apply to Nebula’s charges that were gained by her prior to falling below 50% and are then not modified by courage.

    Can’t tell from the KM section if that bleed was applied before WS went into assassin’s range, so it could be that the bleeds were just present prior to the assassin’s mastery modifying attack. Same could be applied to GP.

    Given that I’m still at a loss for what could be happening with Frostbite. And I’m not trying to claim something isn’t wrong, I’m trying to understand what’s happening.
  • Juvi_JrJuvi_Jr Posts: 6
    And another issue I sent an email about and didnt even receive a proper answer before.
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 421 ★★
    asassin works fine for me as of 8 hours ago courage however idk cant place a recent time when i could tell the difference but this morning assasin worked as sparky was critting higher when rulk and oml under 18% when i was messing around in lol waiting to start work, yep r5 domino, sparky, blade, ghost capiw, and omega red, its a tough life in mcoc lmfao!!! im gonna buy cowwhale see yall later...
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 327 ★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    I’m skeptical.

    Same could apply to Nebula’s charges that were gained by her prior to falling below 50% and are then not modified by courage.

    I didn't put the shock charges on him until AFTER i dropped below 50% health in that second pic. I have the video to prove it.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 527 ★★
    edited January 28
    man this is exactly what we need now wth
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 510 ★★
    The video says it all!

    It’s probably because the debuff was placed before 18% hp, or before mastery took effect, don’t think the bleed dmg would just increase from a buff that’s already on them. If it truly doesn’t work you should test the same debuff and activate it under the target point.


    Also I would like you to test out recoil, the crit masters, and fury masteries, just a quick skim over making sure everything is on the up and up..

    After the class boosts never working and no one knew, it’s smart to self test all of their pts
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 639 ★★★
    Hey y'all!

    Just wanted to let you know we're looking into this and clearing up what's going on!

    Hope y'all Vancouver cowboys/girls get this fixed soon. Thanks for the update.
  • DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303
    you say diablo is in assassin' range when he has 23% hp
    thats not assassin's range,its 18%

    your attack starts at 23%hp and goes on, it doesnt end... you knock him down with your heavy but there are still 3 aftershock charges remaining(which you put on him while he wasnt in assassin's range) from your previous attack that started at 23% remaining hp...

    basically imagine someone is at 20% hp, you gonna hit him with a medium attack that will drop your opponents hp to lets say 15%...that medium attack wont be effected by the assassin mastery right? but the one after that will be effected by the assassin mastery

    could you try giving aftershock damage when the opponent is below 18% health with no aftershock stacks? same story goes for courage mastery as well in quake's case
    cheers
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 2,677 ★★★★
    After breifly testing courage absent the previous parameters in question. Something is up with GP’s heavy bleed, Earthquake and Nebula’s shock.
    Tman0971 wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    I’m skeptical.

    Same could apply to Nebula’s charges that were gained by her prior to falling below 50% and are then not modified by courage.

    I didn't put the shock charges on him until AFTER i dropped below 50% health in that second pic. I have the video to prove it.
    Not exactly what i was trying to say, was saying they might have been bult up before courage range. None the less something’s broken after testing courage absent the reason’s from my skepticism.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 781 ★★★
    So, in theory, these masteries, when activated, would raise the damage of Gwenpool's hits and bleeds, but not her incinerate, because that is a non-contact attack?

    I'm pretty sure Gwenpool existed before the Assassin mastery did, but not before Courage.

    I'll echo another comment, these really should be fixed immediately, at minimum. I don't even want to fathom the outcome of you just alter the text description of these things, especially with all of the units and real money spent to unlock assassin.
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 265
    edited January 28
    Hey everybody,

    Thank you Dave for taking the time to make this video! We’ve spoken to our team to find out what is going on, and can confirm that this isn’t a bug, but the result of the age of these masteries. These Masteries have been the same since they were first introduced.

    Courage and Assassin do not raise your attack stat on their own, but boost your attack on every hit. They have never affected Damage Over Time Debuffs that proc’d off of something that does not hit the opponent.

    This is because when these Masteries were created, we had no way to apply a bonus to any stat based on your real time health as it moved up and down. We had to check your current health each and every time we wanted to trigger that bonus. At the time, we also didn’t have any abilities like this that dealt damage without a hit.

    We’re going to rewrite the description text to avoid any further confusion.

    So it is working as intended, but it does not work on champs that don't make "physical" contact? So quake & void is two I can think of quick. Can you name others that are affected by this description? (I use quotes around physical because I want it to include energy based contact like dormammu).
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 2,677 ★★★★
    MattMan wrote: »
    MattMan wrote: »
    So instead of updating the masteries to apply to all forms of “attack” to properly correct the issue, youre adding disclaimers to allow for some attacks to be excluded, seems like the easy way out.

    Updating the Mastery is not out of the question, and something we might consider in the future. Because of just far reaching their effects are, updating the effectiveness of a Mastery can be pretty scary! It will take time for us to be able to assess the updated effect, and we have to do that before we can look at actually updating them.

    Is updating the masteries being looked at? You haven’t actually said they would be, just the disclaimers being added which makes it seem like that was the solution here.

    Players invested resources into these masteries and did not receive the advertised effects. When will the refunds be issued?
    They are going to do their due dilgence here can’t begrudge them for that, especially after what had to be done with MD and willpower.

    By masteries I’m assuming you mean assassin’s since courage is gold only. Who’s going to give up on assassin’s because it doesn’t affect a small amount of champion’s already powerful abilities?

    Don’t forget to breathe.
  • ctp1223 wrote: »
    Hey everybody,

    Thank you Dave for taking the time to make this video! We’ve spoken to our team to find out what is going on, and can confirm that this isn’t a bug, but the result of the age of these masteries. These Masteries have been the same since they were first introduced.

    Courage and Assassin do not raise your attack stat on their own, but boost your attack on every hit. They have never affected Damage Over Time Debuffs that proc’d off of something that does not hit the opponent.

    This is because when these Masteries were created, we had no way to apply a bonus to any stat based on your real time health as it moved up and down. We had to check your current health each and every time we wanted to trigger that bonus. At the time, we also didn’t have any abilities like this that dealt damage without a hit.

    We’re going to rewrite the description text to avoid any further confusion.

    So it is working as intended, but it does not work on champs that don't make "physical" contact? So quake & void is two I can think of quick. Can you name others that are affected but this description? (I use quotes around physical because I want it to include energy based contact like dormammu).

    It's Champions that place DOTs (Damage over Time) without attacking. Dormammu's attacks still make Contact, but Champions like Iceman, who can place his Cold Snap right from the beginning of a Fight will not have the strength of the DOT increased.
Sign In or Register to comment.