**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A Blade Question About Mesmerize

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
Why would the length of the stun effect of Mesmerize change with Blade at full power bar? Making a run through Epic and had zero/negligible stun time with full power and full Limber. Suddenly, stun kicks in, Blade stops, AI attacks and Blade is gone. Fight was againt Miles, not Ghost, and stun suddenly took effect with Miles at 3% health on a Mesmerize evade (not an ability evade—used zero specials through fight and he used up his evades).

What am I missing?

Dr. Zola

gcsuxxoyq9wn.png9f11seq90ooh.png
ukndpwyif2zc.png

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    That sounds like a bug to me. I've seen rare cases where powers seem to work differently than I expect and have no explanation for, and it isn't repeatable. I've just been writing them off as glitches if I can't get video evidence.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    That’s pretty much what I thought. There may be an infinitesimally small instant of stun, but there’s really no way the AI should be able to attack during that infinitesimally small window. And that’s precisely how you handle that node with Blade—be super extra careful and cross your fingers until you get to Sp3 even if you don’t have Limber max. Even before Sp3, I would see “STUN” pop up to no effect on Blade, so the interaction worked correctly at least for a bit.

And that’s the issue I have with these buff heavy nodes and champs with lots of abilities. Lots of calculations to happen in a hot second.

Of course, I don’t have video of it though. And with the time it would take me to explain to Support...it’s only some dots on a screen anyway.

Thanks for the reply.

Dr. Zola
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Maybe it's the fact that the stun temporarily halted your attack, and the AI therefore had a small window to attempt an attack on you before you could recover and attack it. It may not hit you while the stun is up, but it still gains a minute advantage on you as it can recover quicker in than you, in order to hit you before you can continue your attack, if that makes any sense at all
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I’ve had it stun my blade with full power but it didn’t even stop him from attacking or give the defender time to counter attack. So sounds like a bug of some sorts. Hard to tell what went wrong 🤷‍♂️
    edited January 2019
    Jaded wrote: »
    I’ve had it stun my blade with full power but it didn’t even stop him from attacking or give the defender time to counter attack. So sounds like a bug of some sorts. Hard to tell what went wrong 🤷‍♂️

Agreed. It seems incredibly unlikely that Blade got a Stun debuff that would have halted his attack long enough for Miles to counter. He had at least 3 Stun debuffs that had zero noticeable effect on him prior to that point.

And what @Anonymous346 said is theoretically possible, I suppose—but it would almost require an anticipatory counter by the AI. And if that’s going on (sort of like high-level AI blocking specials out of nowhere), then I would consider that something that’s beyond the bounds of fair play.

Dr. Zola
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    *coughkillmongercough*

Anyway, yeah that’s probably a bug.
    edited January 2019
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    *coughkillmongercough*

Lol. Yep...you’re as bad as my two oldest friends playing MCoC. Their answer is always “Oh, KM/Stark/ Void/Domino didn’t really have a problem with that.”

And I grit my teeth. :#

Dr. Zola
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    I wonder if Seatin caught this bug in a different form in his Thing video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COGT1L060EE

The moment happens in the fight that starts around 8:20. For context Seatin is demonstrating using a team of Hela, Angela, Heimdall and Champion with Thing, and his strategy is to get deliberately hit and nearly killed at the start of the fight, get auto-revived, and build furies as he takes hits during his indestructible window. It works for several fights, and then in the Angela fight it just doesn't. At the start of the fight he gets hit and insta-killed with none of the auto-revive mechanics triggering. Then it all triggers normally after he revives a second time. Since the fight after the first revive and the second revive are identical in situation, I cannot explain why the mechanics function differently in those two fights.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

The moment happens in the fight that starts around 8:20. For context Seatin is demonstrating using a team of Hela, Angela, Heimdall and Champion with Thing, and his strategy is to get deliberately hit and nearly killed at the start of the fight, get auto-revived, and build furies as he takes hits during his indestructible window. It works for several fights, and then in the Angela fight it just doesn't. At the start of the fight he gets hit and insta-killed with none of the auto-revive mechanics triggering. Then it all triggers normally after he revives a second time. Since the fight after the first revive and the second revive are identical in situation, I cannot explain why the mechanics function differently in those two fights.

I just caught that. Yes, seems similar—lots of things going on, something that should happen doesn’t happen and there really isn’t a good reason why.

Would be great to get someone in the know who could take a look at this.

Dr. Zola
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Weird. Can’t say I’ve never seen abilities, masteries, and synergies inexplicably fail before, though. Doubt we’ll ever find out why occasionally things just don’t work.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    *coughkillmongercough*

Lol. Yep...you’re as bad as my two oldest friends playing MCoC. Their answer is always “Oh, KM/Stark/ Void/Domino didn’t really have a problem with that.”

And I grit my teeth. :#

Dr. Zola

Sorry.

But I don’t bring ws however. The strat is to parry MLM (maxed stun duration mastery) repeat, then punish a special to get true strike.

However, with no km, that strategy still works, it’s just more tedious. Parry MLM repeat special attack will definitely get whoever down—there’s no limber. True strike just makes it easier.

Again, yeah, it’s a bug