**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dhampir Crystal

Why is Blade the only champion that gets a special crystal with a 20% chance drop rate? Aside from being the only champ to get it, he gets it twice. What’s the reasoning behind it? Seems fishy.

Comments

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Probably because people are constantly begging for him and kabam has seen an opportunity to make some extra shard sales and please the part of the community that really wants him
  • PositivePositive Posts: 16
    edited February 2019
    Dshu wrote: »
    Probably because people are constantly begging for him and kabam has seen an opportunity to make some extra shard sales and please the part of the community that really wants him

People also keep asking about RDT but kabam doesn’t seem to care about pleasing them.
    This is a celebration of a huge Community Movement. The #SaveForBlade initiative that our players came up with was pretty big, and something that we wanted to celebrate on its anniversary.

Also, Blade was far from the only one to get a Crystal like that.

Over the last 4 years I must have missed all the announcements you made a month in advance advertising for players to save their 5* shards for specific crystal that yielded a 20% chance to land them one special champion. Which are you referencing?
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Positive wrote: »
    This is a celebration of a huge Community Movement. The #SaveForBlade initiative that our players came up with was pretty big, and something that we wanted to celebrate on its anniversary.

Over the last 4 years I must have missed all the announcements you made a month in advance advertising for players to save their 5* shards for specific crystal that yielded a 20% chance to land them one special champion. Which are you referencing?

All the old featured crystals
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Every featured crystal before this new awful featured system was the exact same as the Dhampir crystal. The featured champion had a 20% chance to roll the featured champ, then there was a subfeatured pool, then basic. While there was no evidence to support the 20% drop rate, the community estimated it to be between 20-25%
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

Every featured crystal before this new awful featured system was the exact same as the Dhampir crystal. The featured champion had a 20% chance to roll the featured champ, then there was a subfeatured pool, then basic. While there was no evidence to support the 20% drop rate, the community estimated it to be between 20-25%

Let’s do that again. 😂😂
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Let’s do that again. 😂😂

I think everyone wants that to happen again. It was heaven compared to this horrible new system. But Kabam won’t reimplement it. At least not permanently.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    He's the only champ to get it 3 times
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I believe blade was the best champ at some moment, but how he's not. yet some believe he is, so they might spend to get him, but while meta of the game shifts away from him, more people getting blade won't make game easier for them.
    I'd wish we have ghost, omega, void or domino 20% featured
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Wrong. Getting Blade will make the game far easier because he’s perfect to harvest all the rewards through act 5 so you can further deepen your roster.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Dshu wrote: »

People also keep asking about RDT but kabam doesn’t seem to care about pleasing them.

Really? Does everything come back to we need rdt? If you screwed up that badly in your rank up choices that the only way to correct your mistakes on your current account is to rank down the champs you have then scrap that account and start again. If you don't want to do that farm some new resources and make do with your current rank decisions. Rdt are not coming back. There is no reason for them to come back in the current meta of the game. Except the fact that new champs and new game changing synergies will continue to come out each month and you will need to farm new resources to continue ranking. Unless there is a major change we don't need or deserve rdt.
  • JFX420JFX420 Posts: 5

It isn’t Kabam’s job to tell you how to manage your resources. All featured crystals before the new system had a 20% chance to get the targeted champ. People saved up for them on their initiative. Just because you’re either too new to remember it, or you didn’t know what you were doing and failed to save, doesn’t mean it’s unfair. If you weren’t aware of #saveforblade you were living under a rock.

I’ll give you some help, the new featured crystals have around a 5% chance to give you a featured champ, so even though kabam hasn’t given you explicit instructions on how to manage your stash, I’ll let you in on a secret— if you see a champ in an upcoming featured crystal that you want, save for them and then open a bunch of those crystals. #gamebreakinginsights
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Lmfao the level of sarcasm was on point @JFX420 I read it twice for the increased laughter lol
  • Aleor wrote: »
    I believe blade was the best champ at some moment, but how he's not. yet some believe he is, so they might spend to get him, but while meta of the game shifts away from him, more people getting blade won't make game easier for them.
    I'd wish we have ghost, omega, void or domino 20% featured

With quests like Variant being class specific and the possibility that Act 6 may follow the same pattern why wouldn’t I want Blade?

If he’s not a top 3 skill champion for questing who is?

Not a rhetorical question. I’d really like to know.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★

It's in a vid somewhere. They saved the crystal and checked the odds after drop rates were announced
  • My ppayj63cnjfm.png

My luck with the DHAMPIR crystal is 0/5 last year and 0/5 today. Once again I got screwed!
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    Alright I went into depression after opening three hard saved damp(hir) crystals. but after seeing others I am consoled bit. it could have been even worse. I got a kingpin a capt marvel again which i had got after the valentines event legendary crystal n a fat rhino thumping up down at me. I just couldn't love them so switched off my ph n went to sleep.
  • My ppayj63cnjfm.png
    luck with the DH
  • Yeah, I’m really bummed. Three guys in my alliance got 5* Blade right after.
  • ultimakiraultimakira Posts: 5
    edited February 2019