**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* crystal - people always say go for basics

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    Thats gotta be one of the most a-typical 5* basic openings ive ever seen. I know youve got them all duped already so its less desirable for you, but lot of good champs pulled there.

Ive pulled nothing but trash to mid tier from basic for months. Only good pulls ive got have come from featured.

ok? its my roster and of ofcourse we all want good pulls.

everyone was at the point where they started off with only handful of champions.

and i seen alot of people pull trash from featured, we dont know how long or how much time u spend grinding for shards,

Wait maybe Im lost. Is your video saying you had good pulls or bad from those basic? I didnt listen to sound if there was commentary. My post was not meant as an attack if thats how it came off.

Oh Ive got lots of trash from featured, no question there. Just had better luck from feature of late then basics.

none of the pulls was good, sure i got blade and korg but they was max sig.

other than that i added sig stones to champs i guess

Oh ok, Im saying same thing, I think. I know pain of pulling a good champ when you already have em maxed sig. Only good champs I seem to pull from basics are blade, x23 and ice. All high sig and/or max 😂

That’s incredibly frustrating. And people treat you like you are whining when you pulled one of the top champs in game. But bumping a champ slightly along the flat part of the signature ability curve isn’t that thrilling no matter how great they are.

Dr. Zola
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Timone147 wrote: »
    My luck has been rough for 4 months. And that expands across all crystals. I am convinced at this point it’s because I’m f2p. The biggest spender I know pulls god tier after god tier and I get trash after trash.
    That sounds like a case of confirmation bias. Check some of Seatin's openings this year. He's had some good but mostly laughably bad pulls. Especially considering the scale at which he opens.
    Timone147 wrote: »
    My luck has been rough for 4 months. And that expands across all crystals. I am convinced at this point it’s because I’m f2p. The biggest spender I know pulls god tier after god tier and I get trash after trash.

And I’ve picked up a decent handful of deals after Black Friday and my pulls have been pretty mediocre (see list above). I wish deciding to spend and grab offers improved one’s odds, but it’s only netted me middling champs, a full inventory of cats, a smattering of 5* AGs+sig stones and a dose of buyer’s remorse and gamer’s burn out.

Maybe I’m being punished for jumping back into playing and spending and I’m just too slow on the uptake ;)

Dr. Zola
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Thats gotta be one of the most a-typical 5* basic openings ive ever seen. I know youve got them all duped already so its less desirable for you, but lot of good champs pulled there.

Ive pulled nothing but trash to mid tier from basic for months. Only good pulls ive got have come from featured.

everyone was at the point where they started off with only handful of champions.

and i seen alot of people pull trash from featured, we dont know how long or how much time u spend grinding for shards,

Wait maybe Im lost. Is your video saying you had good pulls or bad from those basic? I didnt listen to sound if there was commentary. My post was not meant as an attack if thats how it came off.

Oh Ive got lots of trash from featured, no question there. Just had better luck from feature of late then basics.

Oh ok, Im saying same thing, I think. I know pain of pulling a good champ when you already have em maxed sig. Only good champs I seem to pull from basics are blade, x23 and ice. All high sig and/or max 😂

That’s incredibly frustrating. And people treat you like you are whining when you pulled one of the top champs in game. But bumping a champ slightly along the flat part of the signature ability curve isn’t that thrilling no matter how great they are.

Dr. Zola

Ugh its just awful. Rng trolling at its finest.

I used to believe spending played a part in the rng but not anymore. Between my awful pulls and buying numerous deals, nothing to really show for it.

Even COW ultimate 6* featured opening kind of disproves it.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Mr_Holl87 wrote: »

You legit saying this pull was "not good"??? I'd kill to pull at least five of the champs you just pulled! The fact that Blade and Korg are already MAX SIG? Come on dude! Share some of that!

Yes but i already havem, so i dont know where you at, progression wise.

Got my blade from 15k crystals when he first came out and gambled my shards, blade is somehow coming back, so try your luck there as i did before.

Got korg from grinding in the featured 5* arena. Not everyone can grind for a 5* in the arena but i can.

Like i said i have accumulated a strong 5* roster but that came with alot of bad and good pulls.

Alot of bad pulls in my time like sig 120 pheonis and sig 100 drax, sig 60 antman, sig 60 netflix daredevil, sig 60 gambit, sig 60 psyloke, sig 80 mordo, sig 60 captain mavel, sig 80 iron fist are just some kf my bad dupes i keep getting

UPDATE
    I am on the hunt to..

Void dupe
    Ghost dupe
    S.Supreme
    Iceman

Crystal 16th is..
    Hope u see, my video of my first 15 5* of 2019, I will update my pulls here!

y13xcmk6sxbi.jpeg

• cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★

we are all at different progression of the game.

we are all at different progression of the game.

I don't think he was being aggressive.
    My 24th...

gam028vvvb40.png

20 more levels of EMP Upgrade. And still not able to get beyond the shallow end of the 2018-2019 champ pool.

Dr. Zola
  • Haven't grown the balls to try for a featured yet bc I'm still fairly new to the game (less than a year) and trying to build a decent roster. But my buddies tell me I've been very lucky with my 5* pulls so far, and that I should count my blessings. I've pulled IMIW, Stark Spidey, Iceman, Hela, Psylocke, Drax, BP, and Spider-qwen (which may turn out to be a good pull after the update)
    edited February 2019
    Those are pretty solid for the most part @LOUISIANIMAL225. No room for complaints.

As you get along in the game, you can hit dry spells, like my most recent run of 24. And players like @ContestOfNoobs have so many 5*’s it can become very hard to get the handful you want. So you should be happy.

Dr. Zola
  • @DrZola Yea i imagine once you get a large roster, it's tougher to get the champs you really desire. One day I'll run into those kinds of problems hopefully lol
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I am saving until I can open 10 featured crystals in one day. But it also depends on what is in the crystal pool when I am ready. Right now I covet almost half of the champs in the crystal, but that roster will change by the time I am ready. If there are a lot of champs I do not want in it, I might go basic crystals instead.
    I am saving until I can open 10 featured crystals in one day. But it also depends on what is in the crystal pool when I am ready. Right now I covet almost half of the champs in the crystal, but that roster will change by the time I am ready. If there are a lot of champs I do not want in it, I might go basic crystals instead.

It can be incredibly frustrating either way. I count about 30% of the 5*’s in the basic that I would consider as R4/R4+ options for my roster. I’ve gotten none of them since early fall of last year—instead, I get dupes and redupes of 2016-2017 champs.

Dr. Zola
    edited February 2019
    17th 5*
    Cosmic spidy...
    Thats..
    2 hawkeyes (pulled and dupe)
    2 jane thor (dupe and dupe 16th)
    2 ronan (dupe and dupe)
    2 corcmis spidy (dupe and dupe 17th)

In 17 pulls...!

0tr8b8agcc0l.jpeg
  • Cwil22Cwil22 Posts: 3
    What does "f2p" mean?
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Cwil22 wrote: »
    What does "f2p" mean?

Free to play.
  • LilcaineLilcaine Posts: 131
    Omg I want a ally that get 5*s like that but none will let me in not even for a week
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    n7i9vdfq3kyg.png
    This was number #11 of these current features.
    I’ve pulled...
    Pun99 x2 (new/dupe)
    Nightcrawler x2 (new/dupe)
    King groot (1st dupe)
    Venom the duck x2 (new/dupe)
    Starky (1st dupe)
    Magik (1st dupe)
    Iron fist (new)
    Aegon (new)

(And in that order)
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    my 91st to 100th 5*

Taskmaster, Groot, Logan, Iron Patriot, Punisher 2099, Emma Frost, Thor Jane, Killmonger, Korg, Venom The Duck
  • Iron_spider1Iron_spider1 Posts: 257
    Just pulled killmonger
  • ian5555ian5555 Posts: 19
    My last 15

Void (2nd Dupe)
    X-23 (Dupe)
    Luke Cage (Dupe)
    Hulk
    Hulk (Dupe)
    Carnage (Featured)
    Rhino (Featured)
    Omega Red (Featured) duped in the Marvelous Crystal
    Morningstar (Featured)
    Masacre
    Hawkeye
    X-23 (2nd Dupe)
    Gwenpool (Dupe)
    AA (2nd Dupe)
    KK

I only open featured if I have a better chance of getting a new champion and I'll be going for Blade x4 as he's the only BGT other than Ghost I do not have. Been fairly lucky but I've also opened 93 5* crystals. In 7 6* I have yet to get a god tiered but have all solid champs except a DPX which is still great for arena points
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    I only open the basic crystals and most are dupes of my old champs. My juggernaut and iron man is level 140. But my last two pulls were really good finally. But I really want void so I’m still a little sad.

19npwa2kn3h6.jpeg

flgzw13uxt1b.png

• Repto23Repto23 Posts: 731 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    My last 3 were
    1. Blade (most recent)
    2. Reduped Archangel (sig 135ish)
    3. Dupe Doctor Octopus
  • lozzadudelozzadude Posts: 163

Are you kidding?! You pulled 5* Blade, Medusa, Korg, ST, LC, plus other decent champs are moaning. I've never pulled most of those including Blade or Medusa. I was 0-4 on the featured Blade crystals & 0-3 on the Sparky ones. Instead I got trash: Vulture, IM, Rhino, SG, Colossus, OLM. My luck from Out of 58 basics I've pulled Magik & Ghost once & they were over 12 months apart. They're the only champs I've pulled from basics that are in Seatin's "Beyond God Tier". I have 5 from his "God Tier" from basics. I like many other players get great champs very infrequently. I wish I had your "bad" pulls!!!

lozzadude wrote: »

Are you kidding?! You pulled 5* Blade, Medusa, Korg, ST, LC, plus other decent champs are moaning. I've never pulled most of those including Blade or Medusa. I was 0-4 on the featured Blade crystals & 0-3 on the Sparky ones. Instead I got trash: Vulture, IM, Rhino, SG, Colossus, OLM. My luck from Out of 58 basics I've pulled Magik & Ghost once & they were over 12 months apart. They're the only champs I've pulled from basics that are in Seatin's "Beyond God Tier". I have 5 from his "God Tier" from basics. I like many other players get great champs very infrequently. I wish I had your "bad" pulls!!!
    blade and korg already 200 if I could give u them I would

I can feel your pain, but I guess that what comes with already having such a big roster, I'm almost to 100, and I have yet to pull some champs and have high sigs (check rest of the post)

went 2-2 for blade and 1/3 for stark
    (2/3 if u count dock ock, but he was featured and came out on the same month,to and yet to be added)

already have korg,st,medusa duped, crazy thing I was gona 100% lol and use an generic on medusa, then when we had rifts, I got a 5* basic and duped my medusa.
  • AngusMac279AngusMac279 Posts: 117
    Just pulled 5* Quake :smile: