**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thing on All or Nothing, node 30

Comments

• Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Amonthir wrote: »
    r5 Domino with RH and Masacre synergy can possibly do it.
    For those suggesting HE, can he keep up with the combination of Strike-back and Plagued Mind? And do enough damage to finish fight before Thing gets to 15? Seems unlikely to me.

He can power control enough to keep up with strike-back. The issue would be plagued mind because at some point he will get 15 stacks and go unstoppable. So it may be possible but very difficult to do.
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Mike12867 wrote: »
    Suicides + Max boosted Ghost at R5 can do it.

Breakdown: Her mediums crit for 8-9k with all the above active

- Only do Medium hits
    - 15 hits = ~120k damage
    - Stun and hit to make him go unstoppable/remove 3 stacks
    - 3 hits again and repeat 3rd step
    - It takes about 23-25 hits for a champion to reach SP3
    - If you have 4/5 Collar Tech, she should be able to land about 30 hits before Thing hits SP3
    - 30 hits = ~240k damage

R5 Thing on node 30 shouldnt have more than 200k HP, R4 becomes much easier

What about protection? Her specials will activate it every time.

His suggestion is not use specials.
  • Options
    EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    A 4/40 duped thing on that node Effed my 5/65 sparky up a few weeks after he was released. It's a terribly unfun fight because taunt actually works against you, getting him to use specials before he has 15 stacks and then he's stuck under a bar of power about to go unstoppable on your ass.

Don't even get me started on The Thing on that Villany node...
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Night Thrasher's heavy attack can inflict taunt. Use that when Thing has 1-2 bars of power after hitting into his block to give him 15 armor on top of using Night Thrasher's sp1 after finishing a combo with a light attack to reduce Thing's armor accuracy by 50%. Symbiote Supreme's passive power gain could make it feasible to power drain more than once on his sp2 on top of inflicting bleed debuffs to lower Thing's armor.
  • Options
    DKTDKT Posts: 13
    Emma, sparky, voodoo, quake, km, void are amongst a few options
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Night Thrasher's heavy attack can inflict taunt. Use that when Thing has 1-2 bars of power after hitting into his block to give him 15 armor on top of using Night Thrasher's sp1 after finishing a combo with a light attack to reduce Thing's armor accuracy by 50%. Symbiote Supreme's passive power gain could make it feasible to power drain more than once on his sp2 on top of inflicting bleed debuffs to lower Thing's armor.
    Node 30 has strike back though. Can only do Sp1 when he has one bar of power and then pray that taunt works.
    DKT wrote: »
    Emma, sparky, voodoo, quake, km, void are amongst a few options
    How does Voodoo work? You can't convert Loa. So you can't power control. And Emma/KM? You'll eventually make him reach an L3. Once he does that, it's 8 seconds of evading which is pretty hard. Void is a waiting game and you'll eventually time out.
  • Options
    Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Hahaha, I never thought about Thing on the Viliany node. Yeah that would be a nightmare if you didn't have a bleeder. Thanks for all the advice everyone!
  • Options
    hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    edited February 2019
    Vision will be better
    Edit:- no leave it... it's a worse idea
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Orangie wrote: »
    People always sleeping on one of best power control champs and this guy happens to be immune to thing thorn damage since all energy. Anyway.... Dormammu could take him on this node

What does dorm do once he gets to 15 charges thi
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Orangie wrote: »
    People always sleeping on one of best power control champs and this guy happens to be immune to thing thorn damage since all energy. Anyway.... Dormammu could take him on this node

Class disadvantage isn’t a good look either. Especially with Dorm’s pitiful attack.
  • Options
    OrangieOrangie Posts: 76
    the unstoppable doesn’t last forever, try a low rated dorm against the UC thing and try not triggering a special to test
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    They talk a lot about how the Thing is “Hulks Rival/Sparring partner”

Could he have a daredevil-esqe ability where it’s not stated but he isn’t affected by some crucial ability of Things?

Kinda dumb but worth maybe testing
  • Options
    clj3177clj3177 Posts: 7
    I have a 565 Thing I place on node 30. Leadt amount of kills he's gotten was 2, against someone using domino red hulk synergy.

I know its to my detriment to chime in, but I'm very curious if gwenpool is a good answer. Her bleeds Will keep his rock charges down, her combo will stop them from occurring, she can tank sp3. As far as him going unstoppable unblockable you can absolutely use the "Nightcrawler stance switch" trick to force him to block for a period of time. It works against all champs.

LMK
  • Options
    Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    clj3177 wrote: »
    I have a 565 Thing I place on node 30. Leadt amount of kills he's gotten was 2, against someone using domino red hulk synergy.

I know its to my detriment to chime in, but I'm very curious if gwenpool is a good answer. Her bleeds Will keep his rock charges down, her combo will stop them from occurring, she can tank sp3. As far as him going unstoppable unblockable you can absolutely use the "Nightcrawler stance switch" trick to force him to block for a period of time. It works against all champs.

LMK

Thing becomes unblockable and unstoppable after his special 3. Gwenpool would work against him on almost every node except all or nothing.
  • Options
    ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    Mike12867 wrote: »
    Suicides + Max boosted Ghost at R5 can do it.

Breakdown: Her mediums crit for 8-9k with all the above active

- Only do Medium hits
    - 15 hits = ~120k damage
    - Stun and hit to make him go unstoppable/remove 3 stacks
    - 3 hits again and repeat 3rd step
    - It takes about 23-25 hits for a champion to reach SP3
    - If you have 4/5 Collar Tech, she should be able to land about 30 hits before Thing hits SP3
    - 30 hits = ~240k damage

R5 Thing on node 30 shouldnt have more than 200k HP, R4 becomes much easier

Every time ghost hits him it will avtivate his protection reducing damage by at least 70-80%. I dont think ghost is an option
  • Options
    WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    edited February 2019
    Amonthir wrote: »
    r5 Domino with RH and Masacre synergy can possibly do it.

This would be my suggestion as well. Max petrify/pacify reduce power gain and rock charges is actually how I dealt with him in quest. Complete speculation on my part we don’t, as of yet, run into high level thing in Gold 1, t-5... thank god. Sounds like a nightmare
  • Options
    clj3177 wrote: »

LMK

Thing becomes unblockable and unstoppable after his special 3. Gwenpool would work against him on almost every node except all or nothing.

That's why I suggested to stall him by forcing him to block for 2-3 seconds with the trick used to switch nightcrawler's stance.
  • Options
    Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    @clj3177 yeah we fought you three times this season, you are the reason I created this post lol! And give us some credit, we also only had 2 deaths one time against your Thing.
  • Options
    @Gregdagr8 we fought an unduped Thing last war on the same node. My guy got a 1 shot with quake.
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Winter Soldier with Killmonger synergy. Power burn and bleed on specials. Could get it in the 3 minutes with the ramping attack. I don’t know, what do you guys think?

Hawkeye also works, but you might time out.
  • Options
    Quis414Quis414 Posts: 44
    Ghost with hood synergy.. just phase after u hit him into red
  • Options
    hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    Quis414 wrote: »
    Ghost with hood synergy.. just phase after u hit him into red

It's not bcoz of that...any power drain champs would work but the problem is his unstoppable after 15 stacks