**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Defenders working as intended?

I’ve noticed some stuff the past few days, defenders evading dash in attacks that don’t have evade built in. When I’m fight spider-verse champs, ultrons, domino etc, I know when I shallow evade and dash in, there is always a chance that their evade may proc, and I can be punished, I accept that. And when they do, a evade in green pops up on the right side of the screen. I dash in they dash back.....cool.

What I don’t understand is why champs that have no evade mechanic are doing the exact same stuff. I went in and purposely tried triggering it to happen on Agent venom in t4 basic catalyst daily, and as you can see in video, he dashed back multiple times during my dash attacks. I dragged the video out, got beat up, healed back up to showcase him doing it.

Working as intended. Thoughts?

Comments

• DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    sorry bud dont see any video
  • Could just be normal defender retreating back, but happens to be as you attempt to hit them so it looks like it is an evade (was there an “evade” wording pop-up under him when happened or not ?)
    AV has reduced debuff time, so if you parry him he comes out of it very fast.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    They’ve programmed the AI to do shallow evades lately. They don’t need evade/dexterity to do it. It’s just similar to how you would “evade” and counter Domino. Also, the AI has gotten really good at shallow evading my Domino and countering lately.
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »
    They’ve programmed the AI to do shallow evades lately. They don’t need evade/dexterity to do it. It’s just similar to how you would “evade” and counter Domino. Also, the AI has gotten really good at shallow evading my Domino and countering lately.

I wouldn't even call it an "evade" it seems the AI has added "swipe back" into its repertoire in general in more than one circumstance. In fact, one tactic I've seen the AI recently start taking a liking to is a tactic I've been using for years: they attack with a five attack combo and then immediately step backwards and block. I'm guessing a developer probably stole some frequently used sequences from humans and added it to the things the AI does tactically.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

I wouldn't even call it an "evade" it seems the AI has added "swipe back" into its repertoire in general in more than one circumstance. In fact, one tactic I've seen the AI recently start taking a liking to is a tactic I've been using for years: they attack with a five attack combo and then immediately step backwards and block. I'm guessing a developer probably stole some frequently used sequences from humans and added it to the things the AI does tactically.

Well it’s more of a shallow evade and counter, at least from my experience. The AI doesn’t only “swipe back” and remain passive. It always seems to shallow evade and proceed to counter. I mean that’s fine. AI tends to evolve and adapt and I will adapt to it, too, but they’ve become “very good” at it.
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »

Well it’s more of a shallow evade and counter, at least from my experience. The AI doesn’t only “swipe back” and remain passive. It always seems to shallow evade and proceed to counter.

In my experience it seems to have learned to step backwards in general and is doing it followed by more than one other option in my experience. Sometimes I've seen it "shallow evade" and just stand there to avoid getting hit. Sometimes I've seen it end a combo with a dash back followed by an immediate block to basically counter-parry. And sometimes I've seen it dash back followed by a medium attack to essentially intercept. It is like it has learned a new "word" to insert into its AI "sentences."
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★

Well it’s more of a shallow evade and counter, at least from my experience. The AI doesn’t only “swipe back” and remain passive. It always seems to shallow evade and proceed to counter.

In my experience it seems to have learned to step backwards in general and is doing it followed by more than one other option in my experience. Sometimes I've seen it "shallow evade" and just stand there to avoid getting hit. Sometimes I've seen it end a combo with a dash back followed by an immediate block to basically counter-parry. And sometimes I've seen it dash back followed by a medium attack to essentially intercept. It is like it has learned a new "word" to insert into its AI "sentences."

"Sometimes I've seen it end a combo with a dash back followed by an immediate block to basically counter-parry. And sometimes I've seen it dash back followed by a medium attack to essentially intercept."

Yes and yes. I noticed it a lot in Uncollected EQ this month. I got intercepted by stun-immune Sentinel a couple times and it was aggressively annoying.
  • EvilRazorEvilRazor Posts: 143
    Try to do more light attacks and if you see the counter coming, try to dash back. It works for me.
    That shallow evade has been more frequent now in hard content
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    The AI is perfectly tuned to all your swipes and attacks. They track it in every fight. They learn how you play, and can counter you. That's why you should not use same play style in every fight.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I guess the AI is finally learning dexterity haha
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Theyve added a node "defensive"
    It states that they "excell at dasing" or something like that
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DjinAF wrote: »
    The AI is perfectly tuned to all your swipes and attacks. They track it in every fight. They learn how you play, and can counter you. That's why you should not use same play style in every fight.

I don't think the AI adapts to individual players. You think the AI learns to fight differently for every individual player in the game?
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    DjinAF wrote: »

That’s skynet judgement day talk there.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    What drives me nuts is the AI can shallow evade after a special that doesn't connect. Something that we can't do.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    So they’ve set them up to counter and punish, when we can nothing back to save ourselves, and on top tier difficulties, that’s death if they evade and punish. When they have no evade mechanic! How is that any different than og Spider-Man doing it, his whole setup is built around evade, now we have imiw doing the same stuff, and Medusa, modok, etc, why not just give all defenders evade then in their abilities, I mean that’s what they’ve started doing.

this isn't new. personally I'm fine with it, as long as i can do what the ai can. after all, you dont need dex to swipe back.
    enough folks complain about not having a true pvp function, well, heres what it feels like.
    I agree here. And am personally happy with the way all champions (including the ones you use) have dexterity as a base ability sans the ability to actually evade something like a ranged attack.

That’s what’s essentially happened, all champions have dexterity for melee attacks and I think it happened around the time of Domino. For example you’re now able to fight a Dormammu without dex and never take a hit dashing back.