**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Alliance Wars Matchmaking System & Season 8 Details

Comments

• YSBYSB Posts: 192
    Rabanga wrote: »
    This is also true for my alliance. We are staring todays war at 10am est when we typically would start around 7pm est. We are playing hell getting our team to place and be ready for these early times.

I'm suspecting though that if you enlist later it will match you later and start war later. I'm planning on trying that today, but after reading some of these post on how it works, it may not affect it. Matching making may truly be random and the start time is just as random.

It won’t. We enlisted last minute this time and still have attack starting at 10am ET. Sucks

• OneslydoggOneslydogg Posts: 35
    We found a war yesterday afternoon, which if allowed 24 hours to place would have been ok for us, not great but ok. But instead, it gave us only 19 hours to place and our war just started 5 defenders short and most of our officers were asleep and couldn’t set the defense. What a disaster.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    If it stays like this kabam will quickly start losing their us based working class people. Starts 9 am my time. What if people can’t move during working day then go home use what energy they can if they have to go to bed no time in am to finish paths.
  • Yohanbark420Yohanbark420 Posts: 92
    To boot, The messed up thing also is we are getting paired up against over seas ally's. Where war timing for them is ideal. Lmao. This is so broken!
  • Bob1971Bob1971 Posts: 8
    This is a very bad system never really liked war but now it is worse with the time we missed 6 guys getting in this really needs to go back to where we can pick the time to start war I don't see this helping anyone just making more not like it
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    The Europeans in my alliance, me included, are elated. The Americans not so much. It’s all a matter of perspective. I’m extremely happy it doesn’t start mighty late at night (my time) anymore. It’s a breath of fresh air, as far as I’m concerned. I can run an entire path now. No more boosts wasted! I feel for US players, but it’s been the other way around for years. Poop occurs.
  • CrackhorseCrackhorse Posts: 64
    edited February 2019
    @Kabam Miike it's important for the development team to understand that 95% of those who play have normal working lives. They find ways to alter their work and home lives around this game so that their alliance can succeed in both war and AQ.

When you implement a system that forces everyone to play at a predetermined time (like AQ) it's very difficult for many of us, but we find ways to rearrange our personal lives and make it work.

In this case you created a system that consistently moves around start times which makes it impossible for us to create a set personal schedule planned around this game. As Alliance War is such an integral part of being in an alliance and playing this game, you are forcing us to choose between the game and our work/home life, which will lead to a mass exodus of your player base.

We understand that the top 5% of players, who contribute to most of kabams revenue, have large amounts of money and a great deal of free time, but the other 95% of us do not. Once you lose the lower 95%, the top 5% will find a new game.

Please consider more than just the top 5% players going forward as it's in the best interest of not only your players but kabam as well. Thank you.
  • I'm sure the technical implementation isn't as simple as I'm about to state. But, in concept, the solution is simple: allow alliances to set the start time they want. There's only 24 possibilities. I'm sure there would be large enough pools of alliances for each hours start time. Even if you had to broaden it further by having us select a 4 hour start range from if selection an exact hour wouldn't work.
  • NedgangNedgang Posts: 9
    Random attack start time make them unplayable. You know we have a life, we have to plan it when we have free time to spend on game. I hope you you will solve this aspect. Ty
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    borntohula wrote: »
    The Europeans in my alliance, me included, are elated. The Americans not so much. It’s all a matter of perspective. I’m extremely happy it doesn’t start mighty late at night (my time) anymore. It’s a breath of fresh air, as far as I’m concerned. I can run an entire path now. No more boosts wasted! I feel for US players, but it’s been the other way around for years. Poop occurs.

The thing is, you didn’t have to start wars late before. You had a wider range of times for matchmaking. Although this window aligns with your (European timezones), This window is much smaller and still limits the entire player base to account for work/real life. Not every works a 9-5 schedule and many work night schedules. The ability to align a start time for an alliance is what keeps alliances together for AW
  • THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    edited February 2019
    The primary reason for top alliances to try and match low alliances was to maximize score.

Best way to get more points is to have nodes left up. We had wars where we could net an additional 50k to 75k extra points. Top vs top you cant get those extra points because it will always be a 100% clear.

Basically, only workable strategy to get a good lead over other top allies.

The side benefit of easy wars is low to no item use which saves money and loyalty.

Kabam could remove this strategy by matching within same tier. Master vs master, p1 vs p1, etc. this idea has already been brought up multiple times.
  • This new AW system is awful. Go back to the old one. We usually start our war at 2 PM PST. War started today at 7AM. Really? This is the worst change ever. Seriously. Go back to the old system. This is causing so many issues with alliances. The last people we fought couldn’t even finish. Didn’t even seem like a fair fight. War should be decided by placements, rosters, skills, and communication. Not random start times.
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 268 ★★★

Well, good for you. You are the first happy Eu I heard that likes this. My alliance is European too and this broken mess doesn't work for us at all. Not in terms of placement organisation and not at all for attack. We need the option to start late again, after AQ starts (exactly as we've been doing for 2 years now).
  • BowlSheetBowlSheet Posts: 113
    I can guess that 25 pages of responses to this thread means this update is a miss. I’m just going to throw my affirmation in the mix.

Contrary to the design of the new AW, my ally has not been able to join AW as much. We used to be able to chain wars back to back during the Wed-Sun open join period. After the update, we’ve only been able to join 1 war. There is an incredible amount of down time. A lot more than in the old AW.

The enlistment period is super narrow (I missed one because I was on a plane). Then I had to wait, and finally got to enlist. Now I’m waiting forever for matchmaking. We may have been reset or something, I’m not positive. We enlisted yesterday afternoon. Today, we are at just under 24 hours for the matchmaking countdown. If I enlisted yesterday, I would’ve expected to be in the Placement phase already. In the old AW I think the longest we ever waited to be matched was an hour. Placement followed immediately afterwards.

We’ve only been able to start one war since the update and that was just a lucky win. We weren’t any better matched. Our ally has 8 members, the other ally had a full 30. Luckily, most of that ally was inactive members. Otherwise, as I have argued before, a 30 member ally in a one room AW is a guaranteed win against an ally that can’t even fill one room. Probability of participation eliminates any edge gained by skill, character set, what have you.

Regardless, the main issue here is that the new AW doesn’t allow us to participate as much as we used to be able to. You need to go back to the drawing board to keep AW a more flowing experience. Or, just change it back to the way it was. From my perspective, there aren’t any improvements over the old version.
  • ** Another Consequence - Choosing AW vs AQ Attackers **

Before you could peek at who the AQ MINIBOSSES were, as well as AW Map, and choose who you needed in both quests, at the same time within the initial 2-hour buildup up to 5 Energy.

Now if your AW Matching is done earlier in the window, you would be losing out on wasted AW energy above 5 if you wanted to see who the AQ MINIBOSS was first. (Granted, only affected every other week, when 1st day of AQ lines up with an AW Attack day. Like THIS week)
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Logan2048 wrote: »
    We didn’t even get 24 hours to place today. Only 22hours and 15 min! The matchmaking started at 12pm Cst. Yesterday and the defense phase ended at 9:15am cst?! These bugs are really hurting our war score and prizes that most of us cover so much. It’s incredibly difficult to manage people in different time zones as well. We’ll start losing members soon too. Please just cancel matchmaking until you get it sorted. It’s very negatively affecting the contest at the moment.

You only get 20 hours to place now.

Well, good for you. You are the first happy Eu I heard that likes this. My alliance is European too and this broken mess doesn't work for us at all. Not in terms of placement organisation and not at all for attack. We need the option to start late again, after AQ starts (exactly as we've been doing for 2 years now).

To each his own. I honestly don’t know how to react. Roughly one third of our alliance is EU based. And those all love it. Me included. I got a small kid, have to be up at odd times during nights, so tend to go to sleep fairly early these days. Which I hate, but hey. AW starting early is a game changer for me. I can run almost an entire path before 2300. That’s something I’ve never been able to do before. Some mopping up in the AM and all done before lunch. Frigging great! Like I said, I can understand US players having issues with it, but from an EU standpoint, I have no idea what could irk you. Are you sure it isn’t simply a question of getting used to it?

You only get 20 hours to place now.

I’ve always been critical of how this game is run - just check my posts - but 20 hours to do a five (if that) minute job, seems reasonable to me.

• MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Swank777 wrote: »
    Is there a way to change your time zone so that the war start time is also changed?

What?
    Timezone is where you live.
    It starts same time GMT for everyone. The time you seenit is only relative for where you live.
    If you wanna see it at a different time of the day move to another country
  • Just so everyone doesn't have to go rummaging through this VERY long thread. Change is on the horizon. Here's the posts by Kabam Miike that can be found throughout...

5zmx1f9r7ima.jpg

0vrt3fh46pgq.jpg

a9wsbolrc7l2.jpg

So there's the summary. Change is coming likely next cycle. Chances are Season will be delayed. So we have been heard, and it looks like war #3 will be the last to be as it currently is. Thankfully.

Just for clarification, for the next war, you can choose to Enlist NOW. Do not wait until war ends as you may miss the Enlistment window. As it currently stands, Enlistment period is 44 hours long, which is only down during Matchmaking. During placement and attack phases, Enlistment is up for the next war. Attack phase, 24 hours. Placement phase, 20 hours PAST your match being made. So I cannot fathom how anyone (short of a system malfunction) missed Enlistment. Plenty of time.

Also placement is only 4 hours shorter than it was prior. If your Alliance mates can't be bothered to place within the 1st 12-15 hours, you may want to consider finding new ones. It takes only a minute to place your champs. Give them the heads up that you want plenty of time to do your defense grid. It's pretty simple.

Hearing about those 2 issues is just maddening. Both are avoidable. If the system screws up, that's one thing. However, if you miss it, that's on you.