**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Got my first 5-Star!

Hello all,

I have been playing for 2 months (lvl. 44) and I got my first 5-Star today! It was regular Iron Man... I'm very discouraged as it took so long to get my first 5-Star and I'm trying to clear Act. 4-of which im halfway done. Any suggestions moving forward? Should I save my Tier 4 Catalyst for my 4-Stars? Or should I spend the time ranking up the new Iron Man (R.1/max)? Lastly, should I save my 5-Star shards for a featured crystal or roll the dice on a regular one?

Comments

• TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    100% do not go for featured crystals if you only just got your first 5 star.
  • niceguy22niceguy22 Posts: 22
    Do you guys think I need a 5 Star champ to beat/clear Act 4?
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    niceguy22 wrote: »

No
    I used a team of 4* rank 3.
  • RT9RT9 Posts: 93

definitely not i used 4/40s to clear it.

dont worry, i got my first 5* about 3 months ago, superior iron man
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★

No you don't
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★

Nah it can be done with 3/30 and 4/40 4*s
  • niceguy22niceguy22 Posts: 22
    Awesome, thanks guys! I'll let you know how it goes. Im gonna try to get 4-Star Heimdall in arenas before I give it a go.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    My first 5* was hulk buster, just keep going and you'll get something good eventually. Hes still a 5*, so stats of a rank 3, 4* champ at lvl 25. Can prob use him somewhere. Good Luck :smile:
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    That sucks. I got really lucky and pulled a great champ the first time. I feel for summoners who get screwed like that. Especially when the build up is so long.

Any crystal is rolling the dice. Featured has some awesome new champs, but there's equally, if not more, trash pulls in there. And boy will you hate your life if you wasted an extra 5k pulling a Colossus..

As for your cats, I wouldn't spend any on IM. He might be metal but he hits like cotton lol
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 690 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    that was a great pull you should work on your 5star Iron Man.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Back in the day I rank 3 my iron man. So many better champs out now. The one positive he had was I duped him early so the regen did Help me save on health and revives along some of the quests.
  • PEKKACHUPEKKACHU Posts: 136
    Don't worry bro, my first 5* was kamala khan and I totally feel for you. Your first 5* can help you progress a bit but it won't take you far if it's not a decent champ. You can rank him up to R2 max if you want. Definitely go for basics, featured isn't worth it. Good luck on your act 4 clear! For those that ask you take your ironman over R2 is just trolling you, they just want to see new players fail
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    You’ll have many ups and downs with your pulls, man. But don’t get discouraged! Congrats.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Hello all,

I have been playing for 2 months (lvl. 44) and I got my first 5-Star today! It was regular Iron Man...

I obtained my first 4* when I got past Level 40. :s

My first 5* duped is Iron Man. ;)

Level your Iron Man but don't rank him. Save the T1A for your 4*.
  • scxoxoscxoxo Posts: 109
    pretty early for your 1st 5*, but i completed act 4 with 3/30s and a maxed 3*. i didn’t even use a 5* for act 5 up to uncollected. so don’t rank your iron man, you’ll definitely get better champs in the future and focus on your good 4*s, they can take you a long way until you start getting consistent 5*s
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Congrats on your first 5 star! Shame you got iron man but I’m sure your luck will pick up! I’m opening my fifth tomorrow and I’m level 40
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    Don't despair, OGIM was my first 5 star as well...then my second was his awakening, granted that's a lot harder now adays. But he saved me tons of potions over the years. For sure, he's not the worse, and as other have said you don't need 5 stars for act 4.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 690 ★★★
    ẞlооd wrote: »
    Foxhero007 wrote: »
    Bro, don't mislead the young summoner.

how am I misleading him bro? I'm telling the truth that was a great pull and gave him some sound advice on what I think he should do but its ultimately up him on what to do.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    ẞlооd wrote: »
    Bro, don't mislead the young summoner.

how am I misleading him bro? I'm telling the truth that was a great pull and gave him some sound advice on what I think he should do but its ultimately up him on what to do.

og ironman is not a great pull bro
  • Don't worry I was disappointed with my first 5* and my 3rd they were a Bishop and Classic Spiderman
  • Kaks0053Kaks0053 Posts: 83
    Take him up . You'll regret it.lol
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Original Iron Man isn't a great pull, but could be worse. At least he's got a reliable Armour Break on his SP1 and SP3, which comes in handy, especially if you don't have other good Armour Break champions. His SP3 damage is pretty impressive for a champ from the original line-up. Sadly his SP2 timing is flawed, so can't be chained from a combo - the opponent will always block it

Definitely take him to 1/25; and consider 2/35, as it won't take any T4B. On the other hand, I really wouldn't take him any further if he isn't Awakened. A great 4* champ will easily out-perform him.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    On my main my first 5* was OG Black Pather
    On my second account my first 5* was a Stark
    My second was Mr Sinister, and third Mr Sinister
    But i spend.. so 🤷🏼‍♂️ lol