**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

It's time to slow down new characters

I'm assuming a few already said this in the past, but that was the past and now we're in the present with a multitude of new characters. I think it's time to slow down the release of new champs and do it every 3 months or 4 months instead of monthly. And as a replacement for new champs, revamp old champs to meet the current meta of the game or revamp some of the newer champs that came out completely useless as if the developer didn't even bother playing with it prior to release.

If it's all about diverting your resources and saving expenses, please consider this suggestion. It'll make your player base happier.

Comments

• No new champs = no sales.

Never gonna happen.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    If every single champ is god tier, no one will be.
    They already have a schedule
    They've been doing it for 4 years. They know what there doing
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    By the time they revamp all the old champs to meet meta the relatively new champs will be outdated. I do agree 2 champs a month is abit much and they can only use the standard kabam design criteria to make them desirable:

1. Make their abilities passive
    2. Make them somehow unstoppable or unblockable
    3. Give them synergy to indirectly buff old champs without a complete overhaul
    4. Make them counter for a previous op champ without nerfing that champ
  • Shroud1969Shroud1969 Posts: 76
    edited February 2019
    @XxLoganTDCxX Not sure I would go as far as to say "They know what they are doing" ;-) But would agree that their art team is fantastic and I love seeing what they come up with (but, please, stop spamming unstoppable/unblockable).

I have often thought that a "summer rerun" schedule would be fun. 2-3 months of revamps (and rebalancing if needed), quest and challenge repeats for summoners who weren't strong enough the 1st time. Focus on bug testing/resolution/performance improvement.

Maybe 1 new champ a month during this time - either a fun non-main canon type champ - e.g., Howard. or minor, but amazing, characters (e.g., Cloak and Dagger) attached to a small quest.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    I'm assuming a few already said this in the past, but that was the past and now we're in the present with a multitude of new characters. I think it's time to slow down the release of new champs and do it every 3 months or 4 months instead of monthly. And as a replacement for new champs, revamp old champs to meet the current meta of the game or revamp some of the newer champs that came out completely useless as if the developer didn't even bother playing with it prior to release.

If it's all about diverting your resources and saving expenses, please consider this suggestion. It'll make your player base happier.

You know how long it would take to add in all the desired champs if they did that? This game wont be here for 10 year's and that's the reality. Maybe slow to 1 champ per month like @PaytoPlay said but if they stopped adding in, the game gets stale.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    "Stop releasing new Champs."

Wow. Now ive seen it all.

Well that's not what he meant, more like if they can't release quality new champs maybe slow them down so we don't get more sentry and red skull to add to our arena roster. 1 per month is fair game
  • This is a really dumb concept. With more champs come more chances of getting something, get this, *New*.

After all the posts about people complaining about not getting certain champs you want to cut off the potential for an increase flow of more champs?

Why? It’s so counter-productive... Go find another game
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I would say: 1 revamp and 1 new, with every 3 months 1 revamp and 2 new.