**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Please Fix War Tanking!

Comments

• MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    DarthHaas wrote: »
    The real issue here is reverse tanking.....

We went into a war and everyone put good defenders in and tried to win the war. Don't they know its the off season. I dont want use potions and boosts. Its the off season can't we make a rule to not let alliances try to hard during off season. Maybe like if they place all defenders give other ally a boost. Or better yet if they are moving through the map to fast make the device crash so they lose some fights.

Thanks!

LMAO
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    @CoatHang3r where do you see that in terms of service?

Exploits are against the TOS. Gaming the system to manipulate your war rating to create mismatches is an exploit.

If what you’re saying is true, we would see account suspensions/bans or some form of punishment. But we don’t, because this is not a violation of TOS.

Again, ethical vs legal. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it’s not legal.

Not every exploit/TOS violation has been punished. Also Mods have commented that they are looking into ways to deal with it. Why would they do that if it's fine?
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited February 2019

Exploits are against the TOS. Gaming the system to manipulate your war rating to create mismatches is an exploit.

If what you’re saying is true, we would see account suspensions/bans or some form of punishment. But we don’t, because this is not a violation of TOS.

Again, ethical vs legal. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it’s not legal.

Not every exploit/TOS violation has been punished. Also Mods have commented that they are looking into ways to deal with it. Why would they do that if it's fine?

They also said bases were coming soon an that they were looking at pure skill.
  • @CoatHang3r where do you see that in terms of service?

Almost certainly they are looking into it because they believe that these types of actions do sometimes cause harm to the game, but conversely they can't act immediately because these types of actions don't *always* cause harm to the game and they do not want to arbitrarily punish people based on too broad of a criteria.

Also, speaking generally, for every problematic action and punishment there is a first time. Lack of precedent is not a defense.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Almost certainly they are looking into it because they believe that these types of actions do sometimes cause harm to the game, but conversely they can't act immediately because these types of actions don't *always* cause harm to the game and they do not want to arbitrarily punish people based on too broad of a criteria.

Also, speaking generally, for every problematic action and punishment there is a first time. Lack of precedent is not a defense.

Perfect example of this would be if someone were able to control the game with their mind. No hacks or mods , they were just able to do all the controls perfectly with their mind. Kabam would have no Precedent on how to react to that even though it does give that person an advantage over everyone else and is not against the rules .
  • Jaffacaked wrote: »

They also said bases were coming soon an that they were looking at pure skill.

All that demonstrates is that sometimes Kabam doesn't follow through on their assertions. But it doesn't change the fact that asserting they are looking at something is implicit confirmation that they believe there's something there worth looking at in the first place.
  • John757 wrote: »

Perfect example of this would be if someone were able to control the game with their mind. No hacks or mods , they were just able to do all the controls perfectly with their mind. Kabam would have no Precedent on how to react to that even though it does give that person an advantage over everyone else and is not against the rules .

A humorous but still technically legitimate example that I mentioned a while back is if I created an actual robot to play in its own dedicated account with its own smartphone. Technically this isn't account sharing as I don't log into that account. This isn't modding the game, and I don't think it matches the definition of botting the game either. However this opens the door to all sorts of corner case behavior that probably isn't good for the game.
    John757 wrote: »

A humorous but still technically legitimate example that I mentioned a while back is if I created an actual robot to play in its own dedicated account with its own smartphone. Technically this isn't account sharing as I don't log into that account. This isn't modding the game, and I don't think it matches the definition of botting the game either. However this opens the door to all sorts of corner case behavior that probably isn't good for the game.

My bad didn’t see that example but that’s very true.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    Siliyo wrote: »
    All freezing war ratings will do is punish alliances trying to move up during offseason

I think the reward of punishing many alliances tanking is more helpful than “punishing” the few alliances trying to move up

Theres way less tanking then allainces trying to move up.

Tanking applies to what master and plat 1 2 3? All of.gold 1 and 2 is trying to move up. That alone is hundreds more allainces

According to your logic, why bother preventing tanking if it affects a small percentage compared to the entire MCOC community?
    All freezing war ratings will do is punish alliances trying to move up during offseason

I think the reward of punishing many alliances tanking is more helpful than “punishing” the few alliances trying to move up

Tanking applies to what master and plat 1 2 3? All of.gold 1 and 2 is trying to move up. That alone is hundreds more allainces

According to your logic, why bother preventing tanking if it affects a small percentage compared to the entire MCOC community?

You still solve problems that effect a minority you just dont do it by punishing the majority.

And how do you propose Kabam does that?

You still solve problems that effect a minority you just dont do it by punishing the majority.

Punishing the majority for what the minority group does is collective punishment and is considered a war crime according to Article 87 in the third Geneva Convention.
  • Drooped2 wrote: »

Slightly more expensive but takes less effort I taught by kids how to select paths and fight. They run my heroic every month while I nap. Robot might be hard to build. Kids are fun to build.
    Food for thought

This would be account sharing, which is already explicitly prohibited.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    The issue here is alliances want to win in the off season almost as much as they do in the season. Select few do not but I have not run into any tanking and if we did we would just take the easy win and move on. I don’t see this as a big problem. I’m sure Kabam has some ideas but I’d in no hurry to implement punishment for alleged tanking

Punishing the majority for what the minority group does is collective punishment and is considered a war crime according to Article 87 in the third Geneva Convention.

I believe that only applies if we consider MCOC players prisoners of war. I believe they are more properly classified as medical test subjects.

I believe that only applies if we consider MCOC players prisoners of war. I believe they are more properly classified as medical test subjects.

We are prisoners being held captive in the Contest
    Also “Article 33 in the fourth Convention says "no protected person may be punished for an offense he or she has not personally committed."”
  • Drooped2 wrote: »

Any allaince caught tanking is barred from a week of the season. Boom done.

The problem is there's no clear objective test for tanking. Right now alliances do it obviously because there's no reason not to. But if there was a rule against extremely obvious attempts at losing alliances would just spend a little more effort to lose less obviously. Engineering a loss in such a way that there would be no way to prove it was an engineered loss short of an alliance member admitting it is not hard to do. Don't spend, lock up your best attackers in AQ so you can't use them in AW, play with one hand, claim you got killed by lag. The difference between me completing my path with zero deaths and wiping my entire team and refusing to spend on revives is actually very small. At even higher tiers it isn't hard at all to "accidentally" die. It does actually happen even when players try not to.
    Also “Article 33 in the fourth Convention says "no protected person may be punished for an offense he or she has not personally committed."”

"Protected persons" in the context of Article 33 refer to people not directly a party to a conflict being held by one of the parties by virtue of controlling territory they happen to find themselves in. Article 33 would only apply to punishments Kabam tried to inflict on Clash of Clans players.

its not so easy for anyone of us to sit here and find the solution as it is very complex.
    but kabam have teams of people who know the code behind the game who are supposed to do this.
    we can try and give suggestions but something like this requires a lot more than one persons shower thought to fix.
    it is much more complex.
    if it was easy we would already see the solution.

TL:DR, just because we can see fault in a situation does not mean we know how to fix it. just because we dont know how to fix it does not mean we cans suggest it needs to be fixed

are we at war with kabam?
    are they a tyrant oppressing our basic human rights?

I think not.
    you have total control over the situation.
    play or dont play.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    How did we get into The Geneva Convention? First of all, it's a game, one that people elect to play within the agreement of the Terms of Service. Secondly, when it comes to unfair treatment, if in some bizarre and absurd way you could apply it, it actually speaks to the opposite of the "right to screw people over".
    Anyhow, there are a few ideas I've had that could be implemented, but mainly they center around separating Seasons from Off-Season. As long as one can be used to manipulate the other, people will try to gain whatever advantage they can, whether fair or not. It's because of the very nature of competitiveness of it, that is the case. Now, we could debate the right to make advancements on the Off-Season, but I think the right to have a fair competition comes before that. The Allies who are encountering these people who tank literally have no control over it. They want to compete, so they enter Matchmaking, and are met with overpowered Matches because others have chosen to try and get easy Wins for momentum. It's the fact that one side has no control and the other elects to take advantage of the system that makes it something that needs drastic action. For the Allies trying to get ahead organically, this is incredibly unfair. It makes the whole point of fair competition moot.
    It really boils down to keeping Seasons progress separate. Now, this could be done cumulatively, as in picking up in the Rank you left off last Season and progress being saved at the end, or it could be done with a qualifying interim at the beginning of Seasons, where about a week or two before the Season starts you have Ranking Matches. It could also have another mechanism that Matches within Seasons, as opposed to War Rating carrying over from Off-Seasons. The bottom line on my side is, it needs to be separate. Otherwise, people will inevitably try to use any advantage they can.
    MaatMan wrote: »

I think not.
    play or dont play.

Like I said before, we are prisoners in the contest trying to win our way out. Pay attention to the story.
  • Cranmer00 wrote: »
    The fix is Freezing AW ratings in Offseason. Tanking offseason FIXED.

Agreed. An alliance's competitive ranking shouldn't be changing outside of competitive 'seasons'.

I think not.
    play or dont play.

I understand that, however, in a business meeting if you tell your executives “hey, we need to increase revenue this quarter” your executives would say “ok, how?” If you say “oh... I don’t know, we just need to...” that doesn’t help the situation at all. Kabam doesn’t have an answer yet, we don’t have an answer (or at least a consensus toward an answer) so it does not do anything productive on Kabam’s side. They want attainable actions and results

I think not.
    play or dont play.

I understand that, however, in a business meeting if you tell your executives “hey, we need to increase revenue this quarter” your executives would say “ok, how?” If you say “oh... I don’t know, we just need to...” that doesn’t help the situation at all. Kabam doesn’t have an answer yet, we don’t have an answer (or at least a consensus toward an answer) so it does not do anything productive on Kabam’s side. They want attainable actions and results

yes but your analagy is wrong.
    we are not in a buisness meeting with kabam. we do not work for or with kabam.

we are the consumer.
    we are the ones that offer our opinions on their product / service.
    we can offer suggestions.
    and if we have a solution we can offer it.
    however it is up to kabam to be the ones to hear our feedback
    and make any adjustments to offer us the product that they feel best meets our needs and demands whilst sutill making sense from the company standpoint.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I would like to have a sign up period for seasons. Alliances not wanting to take part in seasons can casually play other alliances and increase their war rating for new alliances. The team's taking part in seasons would have their rating froze Only if they have played the previous season and sign up for the next season.

I think not.
    play or dont play.

yes but your analagy is wrong.
    we are not in a buisness meeting with kabam. we do not work for or with kabam.

we are the consumer.
    we are the ones that offer our opinions on their product / service.
    we can offer suggestions.
    and if we have a solution we can offer it.
    however it is up to kabam to be the ones to hear our feedback
    and make any adjustments to offer us the product that they feel best meets our needs and demands whilst sutill making sense from the company standpoint.

Your understanding of my analogy is wrong. I did not imply we were at a business meeting with Kabam. I made the analogy to simply state what's the point of telling Kabam to fix something yet you yourself do not have an idea on how to fix it. The problem with Kabam is communication. There are companies that provide daily/weekly/biweekly updates on what has been on their mind, what they plan on doing, etc. Kabam does not do that, and the implied impression is that they do not care.

If Kabam really wanted to do things right, they would include the player base in big decisions. I am not talking about inviting us to the BETA, although that is a step towards what I had mentioned, but what I am saying is them taking the approach of "Hey guys, we want to do something different with Alliance Wars, we have a couple of ideas, but we want to know what YOU want in the game" instead of deciding on their own accord what's best for us (because quite frankly, Kabam has been on a hit or miss streak with stuff lately)