Options

Unfair A.I.

DadOfThanosDadOfThanos Posts: 37
edited February 2019 in Strategy and Tips
Why the hell does the A.I. NEVER use specials in Arena? I sit there and bait for almost 2 minutes and will literally do no specials until they get their special 3. I have no problem baiting in story quests, event quests, etc., but for some reason in Arena they never [removed by Moderator] use their specials which costs me the fight and sometimes an entire series causing me to lose a streak, makes the game very frustrating and makes Arena not an enjoyable game mode. Please fix you [removed by Moderator] A.I. Kabam, Thanks :)
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Arbiter2426Arbiter2426 Posts: 346
    It's made that way so that you use boosts and not low level champs either
  • Options
    It's made that way so that you use boosts and not low level champs either

So I get to suffer for leveling up good/meta characters and not leveling champions that are straight cheeks?
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Power control champs should be utilized when getting to your streak. It’s annoying, but many of us have been dealing with this (and succeeding) for years.
  • Options
    WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    They’re only like that until streak 20. They get much better at around 15 but not “normal“ until streak 20+

They also charge heavies longer, Block more, don’t charge you as much. You noticed the same thing in all “easier“ content like the easier dungeon rooms as well and, to a certain (lesser)extent, normal/heroic. I am assuming it’s believed that having them less aggressive is easier. The reality is it makes them much less predictable so it’s actually harder but I’m assuming that’s the rationale
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @DadOfThanos the arena AI will fight normally and throw specials when you have the infinite streak established. The AI does tend to play all or nothing a good bit in the early rounds.
  • Options
    4Never4Never Posts: 84
    Matches 10-15 tend to be like that. Look up infinite arena win streak. There are strategies around it.
    Also, only doing 3 hit combos, and attempting to bait them a bit also surprisingly works. I have my system down, and don't usually have to resort to that, but when I do, it usually works. Be patient.
  • Options
    I found an infinite streak guide and managed to get to 13 but the AI started screwing me over again and refused to use any specials, this is getting very frustrating and I'm honestly about to give up.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    What arena are you running?
  • Options
    3 star featured and 4 star basic, I'm in the beginner bracket as well
  • Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    You know whats also unfair? The AI can recover quickly amd attack after a special while we have to get good and get carpal tunnel syndrom for practicing too hard.
  • Options
    I found an infinite streak guide and managed to get to 13 but the AI started screwing me over again and refused to use any specials, this is getting very frustrating and I'm honestly about to give up.

It’s your first 30 days in the game, dude. Everybody has to go through this. You need to build your roster over time. I haven’t lost a streak in the 4* basic in like two years. This is just how it is. You have to work to get there. You need to work on your skills and build your roster. Grind hard for those champs, restart your streak, unlock parry and dexterity and other powerful masteries that make the game what it is. Have you done this?
  • Options
    Yes i have those masteries and 6 or 7 4 stars and I'm actually about to beat act 4, my skills need to be better but it doesn't feel like I'm getting any better because of the SP3 spam. Like I get punished for playing great.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Arena is annoying with it’s passive A.I. for sure, but once you get a few 4/40 and/or maxed out 4* you will start crushing it very easily. They’ll be dead before they reach an L3. Just gotta go through the growing pains. Just die, restart the grind, and keep at it. You’ll get there. I promise.
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    What I do in fights..

1-13 (R1 3*s)
    13-19 (R3 4*s)
    19+ (Any maxed 3* and above)

So far it hasn't failed me. Keeps me out of the near impossible matchups.