**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Buffed up node map 7

Does Sabertooth's furies not count as buffs? The node description is vague if not.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    It does.
    He has fury buffs and passive furies. The permanents are passive, so yeh.
    The description isn't vague if it states "buffs". It's perfectly clear to be honest
  • JonpointohJonpointoh Posts: 17
    Hope someone looks in to this. Brought sabretooth thinking his fury buffs would be everything i needed for these nodes and i am stopped in my tracks. No way to get this node down as my other 2 champs dont gain buffs. @Kabam Miike
    This really isn't kabam's fault ... It was a misunderstanding by the player.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Nah it’s pretty clear when it comes to Sabretooth.3p98tbw20giq.jpeg
  • JonpointohJonpointoh Posts: 17
    @CoatHang3r thats not something you just know unless you are looking for it. Of course i paused it after i couldnt deal any damage. But who knew that the node wouldnt work with the passive fury "effects" The argument is simply that the node description was very misleading. It literally says 3 buffs... which means 3 buffs of any type. If it were meant to only be active buffs then yeah. My fault, for sure. But that is not how the node reads. 4zu0mpofcta5.jpg
    You can't say it is not clear.
    It is god damn clear. 3 buffs. BUFFS.

Those infinite duration furies are not buffs, as described in their abilities. It wouldn't be possible to create a node that would interact with any passive ability that would give the advantage to the player, or what you so call "passive buffs" (again, don't exist) , since those are infinite in the game
    @will-o-wisp you need a hug bro? I misunderstood, not asking for any compensation. Just clarification. I get it now. Thanks for being an internet tough guy.

The reply was more for someone else that commented previously
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Jonpointoh wrote: »
    @CoatHang3r thats not something you just know unless you are looking for it. Of course i paused it after i couldnt deal any damage. But who knew that the node wouldnt work with the passive fury "effects" The argument is simply that the node description was very misleading. It literally says 3 buffs... which means 3 buffs of any type. If it were meant to only be active buffs then yeah. My fault, for sure. But that is not how the node reads. 4zu0mpofcta5.jpg

There is the misunderstanding tho.
    Passive effects are not considered "buffs"
    It seems like there is a large majority of folks that don't understand the difference.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    FimsonCrog wrote: »
    Do Corvus' glaive charges count as buffs here for this node? In his description, they are 'passive', but they still trigger Spite node in WAR.

They don’t and the glaive charges don’t actually activate spite the true damage buff does
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Do Corvus' glaive charges count as buffs here for this node? In his description, they are 'passive', but they still trigger Spite node in WAR.

Corvus would work however if you dex then do like 2 hits and repeat

His charges are passive. What triggers spite is his true damage buff, not the charges
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Kobster84 wrote: »

They don’t and the glaive charges don’t actually activate spite the true damage buff does

His charges are passive. What triggers spite is his true damage buff, not the charges

Ah, you guys are right. Thank you for the clarification!
    Corvus can do buffed up when he has 2 persistent charges.

Each charge gives his a cruelty buff and his true damage/strike is also a buff. He’ll enter the fight with 3 buffs to start.

If he runs out of glaive charges during the fight he’ll lose his true damage/strike buff until his glaive charges come back.

• Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Since the initial question of this thread has been answered, this will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.