**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Variant.

CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
I loved the event. Loved the challenged. It tested my skill to the limit. It made rank specific champions to beat it. What an amazing Quest. Lets hope Kabam makes Act 6 a notch harder than Variant but easier than the Maze.

What do you guys think?

Did you like the rewards?

Did you like the challenge?

Would you expect Variant 2.0 next year?

Comments

• icorericorer Posts: 66
    edited February 2019
    I think it's fantastic and totally agree with your sentiments, although I'm not complete yet.

So far I've done an initial run through on one account as well as 100% chapter 1 on both accounts.

The rewards justify the effort and challenge, but the single most important thing to me is you can break it down into bite size chunks. That's one of my pet peeves about LoL! Aside the rewards looking a little dated in LoL, the time commitment to completing paths is not condusive to my playtime around aw,aq and free time.

I like that it's more team focussed, can't rely on one to carry you through propped up by synergies like with many LoL fights. Definitely encourages you to rethink future rank ups which is refreshing.

Good job Kabam, more variant type events please.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I loved the event. Loved the challenged. It tested my skill to the limit. It made rank specific champions to beat it. What an amazing Quest. Lets hope Kabam makes Act 6 a notch harder than Variant but easier than the Maze.

What do you guys think?

Why was this flagged exactly?
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    I like variant. It really tests your roster, skills and patience. I think the rewards are much better than lol which can potentially be as unit consuming. My issue is that i dont really want to r4 rubbish champs still and the good ones like sl people have probably got at r4 anyways. One nice solution would be to focus on a buff of the older champs first to make the rank up gems more practical. Enjoyed the concept though a few bits seem to get you killed and no amount of skill will save you... not a fan of that.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I hope kabam makes more of this.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I think act 6 should be on par with variant tbh. Variant is very challenging but there are a few fights that are total bs like the degenerate 1.1% health that’s are in a few maps. Also the difficult between act 5 and variant is perfect. I would like to see a similar difficulty in terms of pi but new interactive challenges resulting from new nodes. Things I absolutely don’t want to see are 1.1% degen at least starburst can be countered with hulk
    G
    belli300 wrote: »
    I think act 6 should be on par with variant tbh. Variant is very challenging but there are a few fights that are total bs like the degenerate 1.1% health that’s are in a few maps. Also the difficult between act 5 and variant is perfect. I would like to see a similar difficulty in terms of pi but new interactive challenges resulting from new nodes. Things I absolutely don’t want to see are 1.1% degen at least starburst can be countered with hulk

Gladiator Hulk is needed for that. I agree. Unavoidable damage sucks.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Based strictly on observation and nothing else, I was under the impression that Ultron's Assault is the first in a series. I think it would be great if they introduced a new one every 6-12 months with new challenges to test summoners and continually keeping the rewards awesome. The rewards make people WANT to complete this challenge. That should always be on the developer's minds when creating new content. I felt the Maze was easier overall (ignoring Thanos' bugged L2 that was never addressed) than most of Ultron's Assault, but the rewards were not rewarding enough for the effort.

Overall, I liked the structure of the maze. It featured newer champs with nodes to accentuate their natural abilities. It felt like a step up from ROL. The only problem was the underwhelming rewards. If they fixed that, I'd be down for a new maze every few months.

Back to variant, I agree with what's already been said. Degeneration nodes need to go. Unavoidable damage needs to go. Infinity blast can be mitigated with certain classes. Starburst has a reliable counter in Gulk. Incinerates, Shocks, Bleeds, and Poisons all have immune champs. Degeneration doesn't have any such counters. It's lazy. Don't use it anymore.

And if they do make Variant an annual event, I'd love to see 2016 gems as the rewards for next year. And 2017 gems the year after that. What a great way to breathe new life into old champs.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    I enjoyed it. While in the moment I complained about certain events, the rewards were well worth the cost of completing the event. This is the type of solo content I would like to see more in the game.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I’m gonna say I enjoyed chapter 1 and 2 for sure.

Chapter 3 a different story. I’m 52% through chapter 3. Will makea push soon.

Some of the nodes are definitely a bit much.

The degeneration (1.1 and 1.6%) are definitely a unit/cash grab. I think those could be removed.

I will not complain about starburst because I have a 6 star hulk, but it could be too much for people who don’t have him.

Variant was challenging and fun st times, if they got rid of degen then I think this would be amazing. I give it a 9/10 in difficulty and one of the better things they created.

I don’t mind aspect of war on some nodes, it sucked for korg but wasn’t that complete worst. A while map, that’s just cruel lol, it can be countered though so it’s not too bad.
  • Thanks for the Feedback on this y'all! We'll be sharing it with the rest of the team!

On another note, I did have to clean up this thread a little bit. Let's remember to be respectful and to those who have been flagging, please remember proper use of that button before clicking it.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Variant was a good challenge, but like many others, I agree some nodes should never be used. Straight-up degen nodes, for instance, can please bugger off. At least Starburst has a counter, even if I don't have that >1< champ who handles it easily. Could have done with fewer Korgs though ;)

Hope Variant #2 comes out soon after A6C1, with different class combos.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

What do you guys think?

Unfortunately, this only catered to people who have a large roster and/or specific champions. Sure, you can work with the champs you have but it may make things that much more difficult.

I’m not a fan of Kabam creating content that is immensely difficult but then bring easy counters into the game like Thing. Thing will destroy Chapter 3, but he wasn’t in the game yet. Not to mention, who knows how long it will be before you get the character? In my opinion, for content like this, the ability to acquire specific characters would be best.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,168 ★★★★★
    Fjolnir wrote: »
    Some good feedback about the variant degen in this vid

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WUaHfHSTy9c

I’m got arund the deg with a angela rank4 55. Alest for the last chmaper.
    Siliyo wrote: »

What do you guys think?

Unfortunately, this only catered to people who have a large roster and/or specific champions. Sure, you can work with the champs you have but it may make things that much more difficult.

I’m not a fan of Kabam creating content that is immensely difficult but then bring easy counters into the game like Thing. Thing will destroy Chapter 3, but he wasn’t in the game yet. Not to mention, who knows how long it will be before you get the character? In my opinion, for content like this, the ability to acquire specific characters would be best.

The Quest does not expires. That helps