**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ>AW making Prestige worth crazier than ever... BAD IDEA? or

Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
Imo, this is a horrible idea.. this just means the people that are ranking the highest prestige champs are taking #1 in AQ, which is ok. Now I cannot rank who I want to though in hopes of making it to the top. AW is a bunch of BS amd stress but it takes skill and competition. There is no competition in AQ, and how the rewards are more than AW blows my mind.

They are asking for more diverse rosters, but when you make this AQ move, it’s just another prestige race.

AW caused for defender rankups, offensive rankups, lane running rankups. Kabam is always contradicting everything they say. I hope AW rewards get on a more even playing field. I love the grind of AW, I like the competition which I know this can be a split convo, but I would like it to be worth it.

What are your thoughts on it? Them making it a cutthroat prestige race again is killing alliances again.

Would like to hear some other thoughts on it

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    i like the competition of AW but it all goes in cycles, AW was king, now AQ is king, soon enough AW will be king again
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

i like the competition of AW but it all goes in cycles, AW was king, now AQ is king, soon enough AW will be king again

If they have a game that much longer
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Aq is currently a better investment. War platinum 2 or 3 to gold 1 is not worth the spend unless you are god tier player and rarely die. Glory not spent on healing up is much better spent on resources

It may be a better investment but it's not as fun lol. No interest in grinding donations for lots of map 7.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I miss the days of AQ prestige before War Seasons. Its more in your control how you want to play the game, and not what war has become. If you want top of the top rewards? yeah you dont get a say in what you rank. But AQ rewards are spread out enough in rank rewards that you can find a mid tier alliance and have some fun, while still getting decent rewards.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    In the past, it has always been:

- Need shards for more crystals, do AW.
    - Need more rank up materials, do AQ.

I believe the introduction of Seasons spoilt that and the revision of a AQ Rewards brought that back.

Having AQ rewards bumped up to the current amount makes more sense, like what @Primmer79 said. It lets you have more fun while progressing your account.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    I think AW needs a boost, because it goes against what kabam says what they want which is diversity in a roster.. All the ranks in the announcement haven’t gone for diversity or good defenders, they are going to what champs have the top prestige. This is going to kill AW.

It is going to make the Master alliances shell swap or tank offseason even more so they will have all layup matches gaining shards all the way through while doing AQ.. unless your getting Master 1-2-3rd place.. it’s not worth it to go for masters when can hammer out AQ and do Plat 2-3 comfortably

Just killed the competition and created prestige race again.

I loved AW and seasons because yes it depending on the luck of your crystal openings but it was the first time the game went to your ability.

Map 7 is easier and we finish and use less items than map 6.. it’s a joke and a chore to do with no competition except who ranks the higher prestige team