**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Crazy to not take Sparky to 5/65?

PeterQuillPeterQuill Posts: 1,373 ★★★★
I understand sparky is one of the best if not the best champ in the game and I have him at 4/55 and recently duped him. Am i crazy to not take him to rank 5? I dont enjoy playing him that much with the ramping up his poise charges and I have a 5/65 corvus for clearing paths easily. My other options would be quake, iceman, gwenpool or hoping for a good six star when i get 1k more shards.

Comments

• JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    As the owner of a 5/65 awakened Stark I can tell you you’re not making a mistake if you instead choose someone you really enjoy. I don’t love playing Stark, but made the goal of ranking up the 5* trinity. Im happy I have him when his utility is relevant, but I enjoy playing my GR more. The poise mechanic is a little clunky.

My biggest goal when ranking champs to 4/55 and above is filling holes in my roster. If you are super comfortable with Quake or Iceman, then by all means go for them. Same with waiting for a 6*.

There are no more rank down tickets, so you have to be willing to accept that once those t5bc are gone, they’re gone for good.
  • NguyenDauNguyenDau Posts: 248
    edited March 2019
    No rank who ever u like to play with. u cant go wrong with any of the champps u mentions above.
    Iceman : triple immunity and his coldsnap is funny and try to place so many as possible
    GP : grit high and bleed, her armor break is just WOW
    Quake is a little diff. her playstyle is mostly charge heave and parry.
    still fun and does massive dmg.

Altho for end contest most wud pick spark, iceman or GP
    Quake is still good but doubt for end contest
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    edited March 2019
    He was my first 5/65 and I did it unduped. When I did it, I didn't have any other r5 candidates (I've since pulled Magik, Hype and Domino). I've awakened him and he's sig 140 or so. I still get a lot of use out of him, but I don't know if I would make the same decision if I had to make it again. He does serious damage with the poise charges and the emergency power drain is nice, but building poise is a bore and I don't always like his intercept style.

I also have Quake and Iceman at r4. Not sure if I'll r5 either, but it's possible. Both awesome champs.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I'm just like the OP, I don't really use sparky offensively, doesn't really suit my playstyle. I put sparky on war defense instead.
  • Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189
    Nah, do what you like, my Magik is staying at R4 but Starky is kicking at max and I wreck content with him. But each to their own. Go with one of the others you mentioned if you'd like, all valid candidates
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    I hated sparky until I took him to 5:65. His higher health pool really makes a difference. Once you understand when to hold block and how to not get smashed from unexpected auto evades, he’s really amazing. I was a hater for sure but now he’s my top dog for any situation almost.
  • Asto03Asto03 Posts: 36
    I’m the opposite of the op. I fell in love with sparky as soon as he was released, and love his play style. But if you don’t enjoy playing him, rank 5 someone you do. Even if you rank up someone that isn’t considered god tier, as long as you enjoy playing that champ it’s a good choice. In my opinion enjoyment is far more important than progression.
    Thanks. Didn’t know he was potentially unreasonable. I mean, I like Chris Pratt as much as the next guy but that’s a whole new level of fanboy.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    Haji_Saab said:

ManChild said:

Wait.... someone just claimed sl is better than sparky? What utility does sl have? I love my sl but that’s nonsense. SL is in no way better than sparky. Maybe SOME lol fights he can be better but come on...... taunt, power drain, evade, special evade, stun, l2 is insane, l3 stops evades. Slow it down before you make claims like that, SL is great but all he has is dmg and a random armor break/power drain/dot.

LOL .. perhaps you are not aware of Capww2 but the guy loves his SL ... and will put down any champ in favor of his SL
    I about spit out my coffee when I saw SL ahead of Stark. I love SL (my first 4* who got me through a lot), but he's nowhere near as valuable as Stark. Awesome damage ramp-up, but his sp2 utility is RNG-based and not always helpful.
    Oh man. This is good. Lets talk war value alone. Sparky can take ANY node minus bleed/poison without the need of rng luck. 8000 more health? Learn to intercept. Maintaining poise? Just get 10 and play normal. They stay. SL can’t handle all or nothing without indestructible, sparky can. Find one node SL can handle better than Spark as I have here. SL is good but is in no way better than sparky.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    ManChild said:

Oh man. This is good. Lets talk war value alone. Sparky can take ANY node minus bleed/poison without the need of rng luck. 8000 more health? Learn to intercept. Maintaining poise? Just get 10 and play normal. They stay. SL can’t handle all or nothing without indestructible, sparky can. Find one node SL can handle better than Spark as I have here. SL is good but is in no way better than sparky.

I have taken poison nodes with SL. Irrelevant. I have beaten the bosses including Medusa and many others in war with SL.

Lets talk about an Iceman boss. Due to spark miserable health he will die from coldsnap alone. My SL stays and survive with 20 percent health. For you to use spark you need to triple buff him 😂
    CapWW2 said:

ManChild said:

I have taken poison nodes with SL. Irrelevant. I have beaten the bosses including Medusa and many others in war with SL.

Lets talk about an Iceman boss. Due to spark miserable health he will die from coldsnap alone. My SL stays and survive with 20 percent health. For you to use spark you need to triple buff him 😂
    I beat antman all or nothing in ACt 5 with SL.
    I’m not going any further into it. SL is good just not that good.
    ManChild said:

I’m not going any further into it. SL is good just not that good.

Because you dont have a 5/65 level 200 and you dont know how to use him like me.

https://youtu.be/5zsEKdUoYEM

This is the skill required to play with SL. Legends play with SL. Children play with whatever else.