**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to regain control of a group?

I accidentally happened to promote some one to officer and I was demoted. How is it possible to become officer again?

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    The leader would have to make you leader again. That’s the only option.
  • But what if he doesn't??
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Then there’s nothing you can do.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Were you the leader and demoted yourself by accident because otherwise this is nonesense only leaders can promote people to officers
  • Yes I did that by mistake the person was already an officer
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195
    edited March 2019
    nah, that's too lenient, Tell him that he has to or you'll call his grandpa or grandma
    axelelf_1 said:

Tell him he has to or you’ll have your mom call his mom.

• hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    Tell him that.....
    Every phrase is already booked lol
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If you had good officers he will promote you back. If you didn't have good officers maybe you shouldn't be the leader lol.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    MUTINY!
  • tinman76tinman76 Posts: 116

Were you the leader and demoted yourself by accident because otherwise this is nonesense only leaders can promote people to officers

Not true. Officers have the ability to make members into officers, but only the leader can make an officer into the leader of the alliance.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    tinman76 said:

Not true. Officers have the ability to make members into officers, but only the leader can make an officer into the leader of the alliance.
    No.... only leader can promote to officer.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    tinman76 said:

Apparently at some point in the game, no idea when, officers lost their ability to promote members to officers. I know for a fact that it
    did used to be possible for officer to promote member to officer, but not anymore.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★

tinman76 said:

Apparently at some point in the game, no idea when, officers lost their ability to promote members to officers. I know for a fact that it
    did used to be possible for officer to promote member to officer, but not anymore.
    Ive been an officer since late 2015 and its never once been an option. So unless it was something from before then, like at game start, its not been possible.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    DoctorJ said:

tinman76 said:

Ive been an officer since late 2015 and its never once been an option. So unless it was something from before then, like at game start, its not been possible.
    I became an officer of an alliance in july-dec ish period, and I had the option to promote members to officers then. This new thing of officers not being able to promote members to officers was something I recently discovered.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

DoctorJ said:

tinman76 said:

Back in 2011, members could promote themselves to leader
    Hmmm 2011 you say.... HMMMMMMM
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★

DoctorJ said:

tinman76 said:

Hmmm 2011 you say.... HMMMMMMM
    That inposbel to do
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★

DoctorJ said:

tinman76 said:

Yeah, back when you got champs by pulling cards and fought by rolling dice when it was just the neighborhood kids and never happened.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    tinman76 said:

That's not true dude, I have been an officer before and that was never an an option.

I am currently the leader of my allaince and I am telling you it's bs unless you hack into the leaders account or they give you access to it and that's it.

Because only leaders can promote and demote people and transfer leadership to others I was promoted by my former leader and promoted again when they quit, officers can only remove people.

Not sure where you are getting your information from, even my officers are laughing at you right now.

@TheSquish671
    Game wasn't event out then so no.

@Championcritic
    You are full of **** even to this day my officers ask me who I want to promote and say this has never been an option and I have been officer a number of times in the past and leader for awhile now so not true.

Op really nothing you can do, unless they are inactive for an extended period of time, suggestion is to remove them from the group or leave the allaince and watch it burn.

• JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 776 ★★★
    My advice is enjoy the relaxation that comes with shedding the responsibility of alliance leadership.

If you really want it back just ask him. If you were a good leader I’m sure he would hand the reigns back over. If you sucked, then maybe the alliance is in better hands!

Hope it all resolves well.