**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6 Star Champ

What is the value of a mere 1000 shards with some gold compared to a full price Console game on the X-Box.
For a tenth of a shard value character for £48.99, you can get a full brand new console game on the X-Box or Playstation 4.

Comments

• Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

Savio444 said:

The whales need something to splash in.

I don't think the Whales are worried about 1000 Shards.
    Exactly
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    zeezee57 said:

Savio444 said:

Actually I'd argue the opposite is more likely the case. The whales are the ones who don't see dropping $50 on an offer as anything significant and pick it up as just another minor transaction. Casual spenders are more likely to scrutinize each deal and only buy ones tailored to their specific wants/needs in that moment. With this particular offer a casual spender is only going to consider it if they happen to be a thousand or so shards short of a full 6* while a whale buys these sort of offers more often than not regardless.
    I agree. We had a whale who was quitting the game. The day he quit he almost bought all the offers that day out of habit lmao
  • Options
    Marlo_Mike33Marlo_Mike33 Posts: 193
    edited March 2019

What is the value of a mere 1000 shards with some gold compared to a full price Console game on the X-Box.
    For a tenth of a shard value character for £48.99, you can get a full brand new console game on the X-Box or Playstation 4.

Mobile gaming man smh. There are a few developers that make console games that are coming to mobile gaming for this reason. Its crazy when u compare it that way. One guy had a video explaing how based on an offer Kabam put out they have a full T5 basically valued at the price of around $2000 or something like that
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Savio444 said:

Actually I'd argue the opposite is more likely the case. The whales are the ones who don't see dropping $50 on an offer as anything significant and pick it up as just another minor transaction. Casual spenders are more likely to scrutinize each deal and only buy ones tailored to their specific wants/needs in that moment. With this particular offer a casual spender is only going to consider it if they happen to be a thousand or so shards short of a full 6* while a whale buys these sort of offers more often than not regardless.
    I don't think it was targeted towards Whales, really. That was what I was commenting on. Are there some that just buy everything for gits and shiggles? Undoubtedly. In general, the majority are keeping their eye out for those large payoffs. Especially considering they're shelling out for Cavaliers currently. I don't even agree that it's overpriced, or exclusively for Whales. It was an entirely different target IMO. There's just a general blanket statement whenever people think something is overpriced. "Gotta milk the Whales.".
  • Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Whales arent interested in 1000 6* shards.

People chasing t5b are interested in this deal however.