**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My first 5*- How good is Moon Knight?

Yesterday I got the last 1000 5* shards I needed for my first 5*. (Thanks for the Yolo crystal Kabam)
It was Moon Knight. I found a few reviews on him but they werent very detailed and all not very up to date. My first impression was hes very good while full moon and ok while new moon. But Im not very experienced so I wanted to hear the opinions of some veterans.^^ So here are a few questions:
1. What tier is he in? (Meh, OK, Good, Amazing, Demi-God, God) Please for full moon AND new moon. And why do think that?
2. Is his signature abilitie nessecary? And how much better does it make him?
3. Where is he better: AW offence, AW defense (Which node?), AQ?
4. Was it an good pull? I know there are some pretty crappy 5*s.
5. Who was your first 5*?

I hope you can help me and Im not very annoying.
Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Welcome to the forum for your 1st post.

He is decent/okay, but he changes according to the phase of the moon. I had a 4* moon knight at R3/30 (like the rest of my 80+ 4* champs) but only for arena roster purpose. He is NOT trash, but I have better champs in place for AQ, AW and quest ahead of him.

MOON KNIGHT ANY GOOD?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/315928#Comment_315928
    shchong2 wrote: »
    Moon Knight is a MOODY champ, his mood swings according to the Moon phases. During full moon days, he tears everything apart like an over-powered Werewolf, but during crescent moon, he maybe a little on the side of a puppy ...

rknpsoiu1cou.png

• Options
    TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    he was my 5th 5 star. He seems to be good i guess
  • Options
    C4edmonC4edmon Posts: 26
    @shchong2 So my first impression was true. The problem is I have a few pretty good 4*s (Gwenpool, Ghost Rider, etc.), but it will take a while to get a new 5*. I wanted to know if should just ignore him, save catalysts and focuss on my 4* or level him up.
    Another question: How can I answer to specific posts? just with @ or is there another way?
  • Options
    @TheHoodedDormammu Thank you! Thats good to hear.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    In my opinion he is decent I would work on him a little bit, there are better options though but for ur first 5*, not bad at all mine was storm which needs her dupe to be good which I don't have her duped but now I got several other 5*s to choose from and eventually so will you but for now at least r2 ur moonknight and use him
  • Options
    sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 240 ★★
    He is a pretty good champion. He has fury, bleed, crit rate boost and stun according to the different moon phases. The only "problem" i have with him is that his specials sometimes don't connect after a 5hit combo, and overall they fell clunky and slow. He is a fine champion that isn't used much because he can't compare with skill beasts like gwenpool, blade or hawkeye...
  • Options
    DeynManDeynMan Posts: 1
    First of all, congratulations!!!
    Echoing what others have said that he’s a decent champ. He’s “serviceable” at the very least... I don’t know what “phase” he was on but I think I was able to finish off someone because of his SP1, bleed, then stun, then eventually another SP1 again, bleed, stun, etc
    Rank him up to 2 and use him till your next 5star champ comes along. I wouldn’t go higher than 2 as there are other “better” skill champs (ie Blade, Gwenpool, and arguably Crossbones, etc) which you should save resources for to rank up...
    Enjoy him and congrats again!
  • Options
    Thank you for all the very helpful and constructive comments! This games community is one of the best Ive ever seen. I will take him to r2 as fast as I can.^^
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    He’s a ok champ, but I wouldn’t rank him too high, and his awakened ability doesn’t really offer much, so use him if he’s your top champ.
  • Options
    Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    He is good enough to r2 for arena!

Hey, he is not bad...and sometimes he is pretty good.
  • Options
    AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    C4edmon wrote: »
    Yesterday I got the last 1000 5* shards I needed for my first 5*. (Thanks for the Yolo crystal Kabam)
    It was Moon Knight. I found a few reviews on him but they werent very detailed and all not very up to date. My first impression was hes very good while full moon and ok while new moon. But Im not very experienced so I wanted to hear the opinions of some veterans.^^ So here are a few questions:
    1. What tier is he in? (Meh, OK, Good, Amazing, Demi-God, God) Please for full moon AND new moon. And why do think that?
    2. Is his signature abilitie nessecary? And how much better does it make him?
    3. Where is he better: AW offence, AW defense (Which node?), AQ?
    4. Was it an good pull? I know there are some pretty crappy 5*s.
    5. Who was your first 5*?

I hope you can help me and Im not very annoying.
    Thank you!

yeah hes like good tier which is second last. He has the fury and stun and bleed with a bit of power change but not
    much else. Id say r2 and that's it. Not great but not the worst.
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    he sucks, there are at least 10 better skill champs, i also have him as 5* and is very crapy
  • Options
    Doom_and_GloomDoom_and_Gloom Posts: 15
    edited April 2018
    MK is a pretty good champ. First, work on mastering his MLLLM combo and you'll see how he turns it into 6 hits. He is very fast and can close/intercept quickly. During a full moon, his stun is awesome! The bleed is nice too. I have mine at R3 and thats about where he will stay. He has gotten me a few defensive kills in AW and can be used in story mode. Overall, he will help you progress, but won't be in your "A team" once you move up.
  • Options
    TendersquadTendersquad Posts: 193
    I have my 4* rank 5 and max sig.(1st 4*) and I love him. His damage is raw, so not physical or energy. When moon phase is full, you can almost stun to death.
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    My favorite thing about moon knight is that his light attack has a lot of range, perfect for intercepting. He has a high chance to bleed, but sadly it doesn't stack. During the full moon phase his stun chain is super op, the stuns last pretty long and have a decent chance of proccing
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Does not to be duped at all, it's typically barely noticeable.

Good first 5* pull, mine was Rhino. The downside of MK is that you have no control over the phases of the moon, so yeah, he's moody. He is fun to use though. Not great for AQ, would be ok for AW offense if you have no one stronger. An average to below average defender, though for some reason he always gets off a couple more hits on me than he should. At least he doesn't have to be duped to be effective, that's a big plus for your first 5*.
  • Options
    TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    One problem with him is than I cannot chain specials with my combos (the opponent almost always blocks my sp1 and sp2 after a MLLLM combo. But other than that, hes a solid champ worthy of rank 2 (thats where mine is at). Congrats!
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    He's a really cool champ but he's probably not going to help you clear any difficult content. As others have mentioned, his usefulness is pretty much tied to the current moon phase (which is a really cool mechanic that kabam built in, imo).

If you don't have any/many solid defenders for AW, you could throw him in there (especially during full moon) and you might get a couple of kills from him. An enhanced bleed node, martial mastery, or enhanced abilities node would probably be best for him.

Since he's your first 5*, I'd say you should take him to level 25 and play around with him a bit. He's definitely worthy of r2, but you might be better off saving those cats for a better champ and wait to rank him until you've picked up a few decent 5* champs.
  • Options
    pedroteixeira07pedroteixeira07 Posts: 213
    edited March 2019
    @C4edmon heya! First things first, I know this post is a bit old so I thought reading it trough all the details wouldn’t be so true these days. So going straight to the subject here: what’s your thoughts about this champ these days?

I still can’t find full reviews on him and there’s a lot of mixed feelings about whether he is good or not or just happened to be in a class where competition overshadows him (blade Hawkeye Gwen etc).

I’m particularly interested in AW defense and wondering if there would be any node where one could make the best use of his so-called best moon phases.

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    If you need to learn how to intercept he is good for that because of his long reach and quickness. He is not going to clear most end game content for you but he is a good champ to learn and sharpen your skills with. During the full moon phase he can also be useful in some end game content if he is awakened as he can stun lock, but I wouldn't pour resources into him. I have a 5* MK at R4. He was my second R4 5*about two years ago. I pulled and R4'd him the same week he was released which seemed like a good idea at the time but now not so much. I would rank him up to no higher than R3 if I had just pulled him for the first now. Back then there were only a handful of champs available as 5*.
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    as far as AW defense he is not great but does best on nodes that increase his stun frequency and duration during his full moon phase, like all abilities occur 20% more often or nodes that have %chance to stun or stun on every so many hits. Note this is only during the full moon phase and even then he is still just so so as a defender. I still use mine but mostly for diversity, any defensive kills by him are super rare in higher war tiers.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    People only use him for his full moon phase
  • Options
    Perfect @OKAYGang this is super insightful and does help a lot! Thanks
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I got KK first so your fairly lucky.
  • Options
    Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189
    Congrats on your first 5* but sadly, hes only ok, will help you with some progression but as far as 5*'s go, I would only go to R2 and lt him stay there. Nonetheless any new 5* for starting players is great so solid job mate.
  • Options
    SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    What’s up with people reviving old threads?
  • Options
    Well I guess it’s the same player and sort of the same question but the game changed so might have the opinions. I’d rather have the convo in on place only rather than multiple threads about the same thing. Not sure what’s best approach. Apologies for that tho, if not this forum culture.