**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Week 4 Fury Recon - What a units/resources rip-off!

Comments

• Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    @Mitchell35 I meant for the champions requirements
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★

@Mitchell35 I meant for the champions requirements

I sent my team in the first comment. Only gwenpool is a 3* I’m just thin on Merck’s and robots. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Cleared all the rest of the chapters on epic.
  • LeonidasFayeLeonidasFaye Posts: 9
    Wow the difficulty is EPIC, people complain it's too easy and too hard. If you have to spent units and dont want to then dont... it was actually pretty easy and if you only have low level champs this event is not meant to build your roster but to strengthen it. This game is supposed to a grind. Please people stop making posts about things being too hard. A ton of people want a challange and not just to be able to breeze through every piece of content. The game actually had a loading message about coming back later if you are not strong enough. The game gets pretty dang lame if everything is easy.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    All I can say is have fun I guess. Master might be doable with that roster, but epic is a bit harder (for me) this time, so you might need to rank up a few champions before doing it.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    I brought Domino 5-65, ST3-45, vision 5-50, unduped sentinel6*r1, unduped elektra6*r1 because they were my top merc/robots, definitely could have been worse. Elektra did almost every fight in epic except for Morningstar where I used vision. I wore down Fury a little with my other champs and Domino cleaned him up. Don't be afraid to let your champs die in this harder content and don't be afraid to start over. Energy refills are cheaper than revives and pots. Don't feel like you need to measure up to some Youtuber with the deepest, sickest, most expensive roster. This game is a cheap marathon and an expensive sprint.

Let Fury's charges expire and don't let him spam L1 and you'll be fine. He's pretty weak if he doesn't get to cheese unblockable attacks.

Playing on Galaxy S10. Coming from iPhone 8+ and XS Max, it gets my highest recommendation.
  • Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    Dude no offense but Fury was easier than kingpin. I'm not the best player in this game and I got through all the content without any real issues and I didn't use hardly any resources. FYI: You can always exit the quest and try it again 😬
  • Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    Osfan8 said:

Just about completed these clown fiesta Master and Epic levels of Nick Fury's recon for this week. What a load of rubbish that was! If this wasn't designed to rinse out your items and units then I must be missing something as there was absolutely no need whatsoever to make it that hard! 'Unblockable' seems to be their new go to node for literally everything. Every YouTuber I watched today struggled to complete it, 5/65s and all. They were getting super frustrated and for good reason. This is a unconscionable move by Kabam and yet another indication that this game is being pushed in a 'Pay to Win' direction. It certainly feels like the community no longer matters to Kabam. If that is not the case, I'd like to hear Kabam explanation.

Not every YouTuber struggled with it

https://youtu.be/8C4PrdxQnXY
    I have to try that wall trick. Thanks for the video

• Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★

Guys with 5/65s going on about being good.

Quality stuff

You get upset because we have earned our way to the top and can do content. Had to get 5/65 or 6* rank 2’s somehow. Oh yeah doing content like this
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    I’m just happy I don’t need to complete this weeks epic level to get to 5,000 intel, which is all I need and want for the AG.

The additional intel would be good but I’m not going to burn thrubunits for it.
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    Depends on roster I only have gwenpool 4* 5/50 in mercenary tag and rest 4/40 so I struggled
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★

Really not that hard. 2 revs no boosts, not every bit of content is supposed to be walked through either. Before he goes unblockable it’s a pretty simple fight. When he does - intercept. When the dummy comes out just back off until he gets to 30% then intercept again.
  • Spike_Da_Gr8Spike_Da_Gr8 Posts: 13
    Everyone posting with 5 n 6* are jus proving how hard it is
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    edited March 2019

M888 rank 3/45 5* hardly going god mode..
    If you only have 4/40’s to use then it’s just as simple as saying not this time. If you have a team of 5/50 or even 2-3 of them this is more then achievable.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★

Why would you not use your best champs. You would take a 6* over a 4* any day
  • Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    Ok. I know it’s sucks a bit. But you don’t need epic to finish and get your AG. They are giving another 420 intel this week. If you only complete one path in epic you will have more than enough to get the item you want. If epic is too hard then don’t do it. But please stop with the constant belittling of a company every time something just does not work out for you. It’s so boring hearing every time hard content is here the whining starts. It’s a game!!! It’s not the end of the world if you don’t finish it.
  • Deo4everDeo4ever Posts: 3
    I agree with this......it would have been better if nick fury was awakened....also that unblockable was really annoying.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    @Mutant_0280 here’s a Epic completion with 3* champ:
    https://youtu.be/cDSDHgOCdU0

I finished epic week 4 today with 4* r5 Domino, 4* r3 Sabe, 4* r5 GP, 4* r5 Ultron and 5* r3 Luke. Only one 40% revive being used for 1st run and no need for 2nd run (although I can’t kill in one shot).

I’d say this EQ is challenging yet not unreachable like the previous lagging Darkhawk EQ. There’s still a week to go. Let’s try again!
  • ManfréaBolgenManfréaBolgen Posts: 139
    I honestly don't understand why people are complaining... it wasn't that hard... I'm far from a skilled player and I one shoted him 2/2 times with 4* domino... you just gotta be patient and intercept as much as you can... also try to bait his 2nd special, it's so easy to evade
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    So funny! You don't have to be any good to succeed with a 5/65!
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    I don't know what happened with me but I spent over 315 units for mister sinister(more than what I spent on collecter) and 3 revives on nick fury.
    But..my highest PI champ was a 3/45 Sabertooth so there's that.
  • tbone06tbone06 Posts: 10

I have to say this week was definitely tough but doable. I don’t have a roster of 5/65s. If anything, my roster this week was mediocre at best. 4/40 Luke Cage was the MVP. If you used too many items, it’s on you. He was not unbeatable; just really annoying.
  • icm4266icm4266 Posts: 45

Just about completed these clown fiesta Master and Epic levels of Nick Fury's recon for this week. What a load of rubbish that was! If this wasn't designed to rinse out your items and units then I must be missing something as there was absolutely no need whatsoever to make it that hard! 'Unblockable' seems to be their new go to node for literally everything. Every YouTuber I watched today struggled to complete it, 5/65s and all. They were getting super frustrated and for good reason. This is a unconscionable move by Kabam and yet another indication that this game is being pushed in a 'Pay to Win' direction. It certainly feels like the community no longer matters to Kabam. If that is not the case, I'd like to hear Kabam explanation.

I just did the first half of epic and yea it is annoying but its really not as serious as you are making it out to be. I used 3 revives but could have done it with just 1 had i not botched a few of my dodges. Now i have an r4 domino who made fury a lot easier but other than her my team isn't amazing. So you either need to rank the appropriate champs or just work on your evade skills because this quest was really not that bad
    This is my team
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

if you dont have 5 and 6 stars maybe that level is not the right fit for you, no? And There is someone right above you showing he did it with mostly 4*s...
    Bacca said:

It was a bunch of garbage, Kabam has figured out that if they put unblockable, or unstoppable or maybe invincible and any other garbage node they can come up with that they can scorch a buck off the regular players because I'm sure the whale suckers are getting tired of supported this game. I bet half these guys who said they completed it without using units are full of it.

I used units on kingpin and ultron, kingpin was tough, I used 0 with fury, I used my 6* rank 1 unduped sabertooth, equivalent of a rank 4 5*, only about 20% more powerful than a 4* rank 5 sabertooth, and I soloed him, both times. Fury is easy to intercept and I am not even all that good at intercepting, and you save up specials for when he is in unblockable and make sure he uses his energy before he enters unblockable...

Fury's sp1 damage is a joke really, and if you have willpower you will gain most of the health back.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    There were a few things that made this a little more of a challenge for people this week that have been seen as a money grab but in reality it's not. nick fury is a new champ so yes Youtubers may have struggled with him a bit since they really haven't faced him much and probably rarely if at all since the opening days of the event. The other challenge was depth of rosters since the champs needed for this event prevented people from taking full teams of God tier champs. As far as difficulty we have faced unblockable finale multiple times this champ just got it twice in the same fight and we couldn't fall back on saving a special 3 to finish him or stun lock. The lanes had no nodes and were pretty basic fights. There were no attack or health boosts on the lane opponents. If you got to nick and died you could also quit and go back in since it wasn't a huge energy drain to rerun the lanes. Did anyone calling this a cash grab or clown fiesta try this. You have 7 days to do this event. Rather than calling it a money grab did any of you look at your champs and consider alternative rankup options or resource farming. Youtubers again may have struggled a bit but they were attempting to complete it within the first hour of release and are funded by their viewers. Resources aren't a huge issue to them getting the video out is. For the rest of us we again have 7 days to play around with different teams and get used to fighting fury with intercept and learning to evade his special attacks. While there is content out there designed to force players to use their resources this event wasn't one of them. People take your time and practice and you will find it's a much cheaper and easier way to play and it will make future content with these nodes much simpler. You are not in a race to be the first to complete it play at your own pace. Lastly remember there is no shame in not being able to complete content. Yes those rewards are nice but it's a game and the only one forcing you to spend on this event is yourself.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Rap said:

Takes skill to succeed with lower champs...the gate in act 6 is to block those with real skills.

While not a fan of the gate I noticed you keep posting about it and the way it is limiting players with skills from attempting it. Just curious but shouldn't you first beat act 5 or at least become uncollected before getting upset about this.
    From a post today where someone beat the collector. This could also be a reason people are finding this event so hard since it gives access to content some profiles just aren't equipped to deal with @Rap