**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Sabretooth bad?

So I just got a four star sabretooth, should I save or keep?

Comments

• Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I don’t have him, but he’s an iceman counter if nothing else. I’m pretty sure his damage is decent too
  • Options
    Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Are save and keep not the same thing?
  • Options
    Thanks! But i'll wait for other comments to see other peoples opinion.
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Sabertooth is great. Build up those furys between fights and he hits like a truck.
  • Options
    oh wait. I typed it wrong. Damn.
  • Options
    Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    OK, lol. I read it 5 times and thought maybe I went crazy. I would keep him, but I save all mutants mainly because xmen are my favorite characters. The collector in me has to have all the xmen and their villians.

I would watch some YouTube videos before you decide though
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

So I just got a four star sabretooth, should I save or keep?

First, don't sell champions. Second, he's one of the better ones. He is immune to frostbite and cold snap, which can be useful when fighting Iceman. But probably the more generally useful ability is his ability to generate persistent fury buffs. Every ten hits on the combo meter (and also if you're hit so many times in a row: I don't remember this number because you shouldn't be getting hit that often anyway) Sabretooth will proc a fury buff. If you then land a special one attack or if you swipe back and just stand there idling (you have to not hold block) for a couple seconds before the fury buff expires you will convert the fury buff into a permanent passive fury. You can do this up to five times in one fight, giving you five fury stacks.

But the real bonus is that Sabretooth gets a random number of persistent charges from three to six (it is weighted towards three; you're most likely going to get three or four). If you have any persistent charges at the start of a fight you will start with the same amount of fury passives you ended the last fight with. The persistent charges count downward, and when they reach zero you lose those furies, but you also gain back a random number of persistent charges.

Bottom line you can build up fury for short stretches and be hitting things very hard towards the end of the streak. Time it right, and you could fight a bunch of minions in a row and then have a dozen furies going into a boss fight.

If you ever awaken him, he can be a good defender: he has a heal that also has some complex mechanics; suffice to say the more times you hit him the more he heals, so he can be tricky to kill if you just spam a bunch of light-hitting attacks.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    At least rank him to r3, even though I did nothing afterward but I can tell you sabe help me to finish week 4 epic Nick Fury’s recon.
  • Options
    Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Sabretooth by himself, not so great. When you team him with KM and omega red though he wrecks. He’s one of the best counters to masochism and wrecks some of the more annoying fights out there like mordo, AV, kingpin where they have a chance to purify after stunning. Very good iceman counter and with the omega red synergy bleeds for quite a bit. Makes the fights pretty simple.
    Once he’s above 10 furies and with the right synergy, ST’s an animal.

Pretty decent on extra healing nodes on defence too (if awakened) 🤙
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

This is just one example of what he can do. And this was around 11-12 furies.. Sabretooth is a great champ in the right hands (With or without synergies).

@DNA3000 pretty much covered it all. Once you're around 10+ furies, the dude hits really hard. He's been the main driving force in my progression since I pulled him. You just have to get used to his fury mechanics. I actually Solo'd Nick Fury in the epic quest with him.
  • Options
    DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    edited March 2019
    The more you play around with him, the more uses you can find. With the Magneto/SWitch synergy, you get a +15% Permanent Fury Buff against mutants, which also converts at the end of a fight.

After you have gotten your 5 Fury stacks converted, land another 10 on the combo meter to activate another Fury buff and then launch an SP3 as a KO blow, and you will convert both the active Fury buff and the Fury (more than double the combo meter boost) from the attack.

I have a 5/65, and with the right RNG and route planning, I can get over 20 Fury stacks in UC and Soecial Event Quests. And he can get to hitting extremely hard. 15K+ Crits on mediums, 50K SP2’s. And his SP3 can be a killer in Assassin range.