For those who told me to take sparky to 5/65

PeterQuillPeterQuill Member Posts: 1,373 ★★★★

Good call. Whoppin a as promised

Comments

• Jemster519Jemster519 Member Posts: 210 ★★

"Does he need to be duped?"

I will have 12 T4CC, almost 2 T5B and have 85 sig stones in the bank. Only problem is, I do not have him yet and got Skill for the awakening gem. :(
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Member Posts: 11,598 ★★★★★
    He doesn’t need the dupe but it helps a good amount, coming from somebody with a r5 unduped spark he’s still a god and crits in about half his attacks
  • ShannonSacrifice013ShannonSacrifice013 Member Posts: 49
    You got hit 18 times you got lucky that didn't kill him.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I will have 12 T4CC, almost 2 T5B and have 85 sig stones in the bank. Only problem is, I do not have him yet and got Skill for the awakening gem. :(
    Not necessarily but it's helps his damage be even higher by a large amount
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I took mine to r5 prior to dupe and never regretted it, his damage really is insane duped with a decent sig level though
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

I dont recommend waiting for a champ to use your resources. Ive been waiting for years on specific champs that I want. Ive even been waiting for 1.5 years just to get a good mystic to take to rank 4 to use my gem. Takes forever if you are waiting.
    I know there's no way to do this "numerically" but here's how I look at it. For everyone, there is a certain rate at which they earn the hard to get rank up resources, whatever those are. Let's say we're talking about T5B. And lets say it takes someone a year to earn two T5B to rank a 5* to rank 5, and that's the ultimate bottleneck. If you have two right now and you spend them, it will take a year to get two more and reach your next rank up.

Okay, so do you spend now, or wait? Well, consider what your options are for rank up. Is there something you have that, if you rank it up, that rank 5 will help you do things you can't do now, earn rewards you can't earn now, or simply save you resources you currently spend now? If the answer is no, I'd wait. But if the answer is yes, then in theory that rank up will net you a pile of stuff over the next year. If that pile of stuff is big enough relative to the effort it takes to earn more T5B, I'd rank that champ up. If that pile of stuff seems small relative to that effort, I'd wait until a champion came along that could earn a big enough pile of stuff.

There's no real way to make this comparison precisely, but you can try to guestimate. Do you spend resources on Uncollected? Will the rank up reduce that? Are you unable to complete Variant or Act 6.1, would the rank up get you there quicker? Can you make use of those rewards today, to go even farther? It is kind of like a compound interest problem. Ten bucks next year is better than two bucks today, unless you can invest two bucks today to make twenty bucks in a year. Then, two bucks today is worth more. Ranking up a champ you have today might not be as good as ranking up some future champion next year. But you have to account for all the benefits that ranked up champion will earn for you between now and whenever you pull that better champ. And if it takes more than a year to pull that better champ (by way of example), by then you'll have more T5B anyway.