Options

Ultimate Mystics

So i still feel more topics like this needed because since i took this project to my hands already 2nd month, i learn more and more ESPECIALY the fact that 60% of the players that state for example that SW sucks, either still dont have her -or- have her but sig is Lv.20 max -or- they dont have the critical mastery mastered (At least 12 points).
And so it goes with nearly each for another example:
People still believe voodoo can carry on most of map 5 and 6, how? highly doubt.this are the explanations:
1-He aint immune to nothing.
2-Many nodes and paths has Heal Blocks or cause a heal block so hes healing useful.
3-Mass poison?as far as i saw and see...not many AIs stack buffs like groot or logan or venom which those nearly dont appear in Map 5/6.
4-Power Lock?might be useful but people less rely on it.
Same goes to other myst champs that people sometimes either confuse them in sections where their potential belongs or state they know all about them.

Again, im Prestige 4439 player who have most mystics except Guillo, hood, dormamu and jane as 4+ stars.
I run MD Lv.5 and all my critical masteries mastered.
And yes i find loki or ghost rider more useful than f.e. voodoo or mordo.

State below in comments your experience past 2 months with your mystics.
Have a nice day

Comments

• Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    My team is starlord, drax, voodoo.

Voodoo handles mystics on path 1, drax handles tech's with power gain and heal block in section 2, voodoo handles cosmics on section 3, starlord kills bosses.

He can't run every path but he is highly effective. Venom gets a decent amount of buffs. And voodoo is useful against cosmic symbiods to avoid cruelty
  • Options
    AEG93AEG93 Posts: 69
    I have tried all mystics except for SW, the hood, mordo, and Dormammu, and my favourites are Guillotine (I use her for AW attack, and she is awesome, can take down almost everything), Magik (AW defense and AQ), and Voodoo. I also like GR, but I prefer those three.
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    So i still feel more topics like this needed because since i took this project to my hands already 2nd month, i learn more and more ESPECIALY the fact that 60% of the players that state for example that SW sucks, either still dont have her -or- have her but sig is Lv.20 max -or- they dont have the critical mastery mastered (At least 12 points).
    People still believe voodoo can carry on most of map 5 and 6, how? highly doubt.this are the explanations:
    2-Many nodes and paths has Heal Blocks or cause a heal block so hes healing useful.
    3-Mass poison?as far as i saw and see...not many AIs stack buffs like groot or logan or venom which those nearly dont appear in Map 5/6.
    Same goes to other myst champs that people sometimes either confuse them in sections where their potential belongs or state they know all about them.

Again, im Prestige 4439 player who have most mystics except Guillo, hood, dormamu and jane as 4+ stars.

Have a nice day

Comments on your points:
    1- Lot of good champs aren't. So you just don't take those paths with him, that is part of why you have 3 champs.
    2- Affects many good AQ champs like Wolverine, etc, including GR and his regen. Don't take those nodes/paths and use DV.
    3- He can put Loas on opponents, which count as buffs. That is how he poisons champs that do not self-buff.
    4- Power Lock and Burn are often useful, but not a requirement.
    But no one champ is gonna rock every path in Map 5 (and presumably in Map 6, which I have not done) without any problems. DV is solid, has good utility, and can recover the previous fight's block damage in the next one, without having to rely on lucky procs like SW. Just don't take him into fights that counter his abilities, ya know, like you should do with every champ =P
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★

Have a nice day

People use DV all the time in my alliance for map 5/6. Because he regens every fight. Not everyone runs a heal block path and even if they do they bring a different champ for that. Adds to his survivability, so they don't have to use as many items. They know ahead of time which paths they have to run. So none of those things you mentioned affect them because they plan around it. As far as power control, it's probably the most useful debuff available to the player since regen has been nerfed across the board. His poison is lethal because you stack your own Loas and convert them to poison.

I don't know what you are getting at. That he isn't as powerful as SW pre 12 update? I think everyone can agree nobody was as powerful as pre 12 SW. SW, from my observations, is useless in AQ5/6, people tried to make her work post 12 update, they came to the conclusion that she was unreliable and causing them to have to use items. And these people have maxed out SWs, masteries, etc. GR seems to be the favorite now as well because of his abilities and obvious regen, again helps survivability, which means less item usage/buying by players.

I personally don't use any mystics in AQ5/6. I use hulk/vision/ultron. I've tried DV, Magik, but as a whole I find my current team more effective and more reliable in getting through the maps using the least amount of items available.
  • Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Voodoo isn't the best for map 5. I bring mine because of the regen but I also bring rogue as I run the skill paths in sections 1 and 2. I don't really use voodoo until section 3.

The third champ is brought to bring down minibosses so Sl for the most part
  • Options
    FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    I have Switch at 5/50 and sig lvl 99 with Mystic Dispersion at 5/5.

She is a strong champion, but she is terribly unreliable in AQ/AW. Even with her Sig Lvl at 99 she HARDLY EVER regens anymore. And when she does, it's weaksauce.

I remember pre-12.0, I used to be able to take SW into AQ with very low health and she'd come out of the fight with MORE (oftentimes MUCH more) health than she went in with. She NEVER does that AT ALL anymore.

Even when she DOES regen, I'm lucky if I come out with the SAME amount of energy as I went in with. She's just bad now, compared to when she was great.

Strong, but unreliable.
  • Options
    Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    Problem is, Voodoo can't take Bleed, poison, science nor immunity path. He's good against Mordo miniboss tho, but sucks against the others.
  • Options
    SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    Am I the only one here who feels Loki is extreeeeemly underrated for these situations?
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Remind me again how Loki handles the Poison or Bleed paths? How many decent buffs does he steal, that DV can't convert to poison? Seems like he would fare worse since he lacks any healing, immunities, power control, etc. Not to bring a jotunn down, but for those who run Loki in Map 5/6, what do you do with him to clear lines?
  • Options
    Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    I always use my 5/50 Loki. I have path 1 in the first section which is the left outside cosmics. Against groot i just play around with him once groot gets all those buffs i steal them then i have an instant sp3. He kills groot in about 20 hits each time. I usually use 2 mystics Loki and SWitch. My 3rd champ is IP(A wtf team, yeah I know) My SW is only sig level 14 but she does crazy damage. I use Loki for all the cosmics on my first path execpt Venom. My IP can take my last 2 paths in the map by himself. I do the inside mystic path in section 2 then the skill path in section 3. I switched things up this time because i didn't want 2 mystics when I fought rhino so this time my team is SW IP and x23.