**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Won't be completing the monthly event or any other content

Because of all the bugs I will not be spending money or completing any content due to the raised difficulty with all these new bugs that have popped up as of recent and as of old. Is anyone else doing the same or is it just me?

Comments

• silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    They already seem to have fixed a decent amount of the bugs so far with the quick update they had a day ago. The bounty missions have been some easy rewards for our alliance so the issues must be affecting others more than me... sorry it’s been no fun for you 🤷‍♂️
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I'm not exactly boycotting content, I'm just not going all-out. If I have to use a Rev here and there, that's fine, but I'm not going for broke. AI needs work as it is, it's amped up. When you add lag to that, it's just too much for my patience. You're left starting the same Quests over and over until you get cooperative controls AND AI. No bueno.
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    I assume the shorter month of eq is to prepare for endgame, was that already confirmed?
    silentag said:

I assume the shorter month of eq is to prepare for endgame, was that already confirmed?

I believe so, yes. Not specifically in those words, but the Movie comes out then, and they said they haven't forgotten about it, so.....
  • I'm not exactly boycotting content, I'm just not going all-out. If I have to use a Rev here and there, that's fine, but I'm not going for broke. AI needs work as it is, it's amped up. When you add lag to that, it's just too much for my patience. You're left starting the same Quests over and over until you get cooperative controls AND AI. No bueno.

that is really what I was talking about, that and this glitch where when I attack into a block the opponent will immediately counter mid combo, which is really annoying considering that you kind of have to do that when you fight the thing.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Run arena. Bug impact should be less felt there.

I'm not exactly boycotting content, I'm just not going all-out. If I have to use a Rev here and there, that's fine, but I'm not going for broke. AI needs work as it is, it's amped up. When you add lag to that, it's just too much for my patience. You're left starting the same Quests over and over until you get cooperative controls AND AI. No bueno.

that is really what I was talking about, that and this glitch where when I attack into a block the opponent will immediately counter mid combo, which is really annoying considering that you kind of have to do that when you fight the thing.
    It's because the AI is set to Intercept and respond as soon as we Attack. Now, I'm not trying to feed any conspiracy, but it's apparent. They tried to align our controls, but it just made it worse. The issue is on the AI side.
    I'm not saying they did this intentionally to sabotage us or anything. That's obviously never been my standpoint. I'm not a Dev, but what it appears to me to be is layers of mechanics from previous Events that are surfacing, Intercept, Auto Block, passiveness, etc. The AI is behaving the same as Champs and Events that have gone by. I really think we would benefit from a new Build that's been stripped down and rebuilt more integrated. It seems this Update Feature is adding layer upon layer, and it's conflicting.
  • I'm not exactly boycotting content, I'm just not going all-out. If I have to use a Rev here and there, that's fine, but I'm not going for broke. AI needs work as it is, it's amped up. When you add lag to that, it's just too much for my patience. You're left starting the same Quests over and over until you get cooperative controls AND AI. No bueno.

It's because the AI is set to Intercept and respond as soon as we Attack. Now, I'm not trying to feed any conspiracy, but it's apparent. They tried to align our controls, but it just made it worse. The issue is on the AI side.
    I'm not saying they did this intentionally to sabotage us or anything. That's obviously never been my standpoint. I'm not a Dev, but what it appears to me to be is layers of mechanics from previous Events that are surfacing, Intercept, Auto Block, passiveness, etc. The AI is behaving the same as Champs and Events that have gone by. I really think we would benefit from a new Build that's been stripped down and rebuilt more integrated. It seems this Update Feature is adding layer upon layer, and it's conflicting.
    I definitely get what you mean, maybe this is to much of a simplistic answer for a very complex issue but I feel that they could easily fix the issues by updating the game to a previous game state and then start building a new game version by using the old game state as the basis of the new update that way they don't have to completely build the update from the ground up. I don't know anything about making a game but this seems like a possible solution.
    edited April 2019

I definitely get what you mean, maybe this is to much of a simplistic answer for a very complex issue but I feel that they could easily fix the issues by updating the game to a previous game state and then start building a new game version by using the old game state as the basis of the new update that way they don't have to completely build the update from the ground up. I don't know anything about making a game but this seems like a possible solution.
    Basically that's what I mean. From what I understand, the current (once new) method involves layering Updates in-game. Perhaps it's time to work on a fresh Build and release it.

Basically that's what I mean. From what I understand, the current (once new) method involves layering Updates in-game. Perhaps it's time to work on a fresh Build and release it.
    that would be for the best, but maybe Kabam hasn't picked up on that yet so maybe they are just doing what they normally do which would suck but wouldn't surprise me at this point.
    I would imagine that would be something that would require a great deal of time, and at the moment, they're doing their best to keep things going. Would definitely be a suggestion worth considering.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★

I would imagine that would be something that would require a great deal of time, and at the moment, they're doing their best to keep things going. Would definitely be a suggestion worth considering.

Dear all: if you want to be better informed before jumping on the boards and perpetuating inaccuracies, feel free to visit here to learn all about how this game works: https://unity3d.com/what-is-a-game-engine.

I'll try to explain in laymens terms why there are issues that aren't going to be fixed with a "rollback."

Say you build a bitcin' series of pivot tables and macros in MS excel for Office '97. Boss says We're migrating to Office XP, so since you don't want to re-do all that work you migrate the stuff to the new version, cross your fingers everything maps correctly, and poke around just enough to make sure it doesn't explode when the department head opens it up. Flash forward to the next upgrade, Office 03, which turns out to be ass and messes up your stuff but guess what, your clients use '03 so you roll out a buggy-ass product cause, you know, progress.

Rebuilding from scratch a 4 year old product is not fiscally viable. Rolling back to a previous build while trying to incorporate elements built in the latest environment is not feasible. And, here we are.
    I didn't necessarily mean rebuilding the game from scratch. Lol. Just a cohesive Build that can be assembled and downloaded in its entirety. It seems things have become problematic with the current layering.