**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anyone in a retirement alliance

How did you know when it was time to hang it up?

Comments

• SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Retirement alliance doesn't mean you hang it up... it means you are sick of the daily grind of being told who to rank up, grinding to meet all donation requirements and so on.

It is just a more relaxed environment where you can do what you want when you want, no need to join all wars and so on, but still collect rewards from events, and rewards from the other things that come from being with an alliance. It is better than solo any day.

• ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    SparkAlot said:

Retirement alliance doesn't mean you hang it up... it means you are sick of the daily grind of being told who to rank up, grinding to meet all donation requirements and so on.

It is just a more relaxed environment where you can do what you want when you want, no need to join all wars and so on, but still collect rewards from events, and rewards from the other things that come from being with an alliance. It is better than solo any day.

This is basically the alliance I'm in. Mostly older guys with families who play when they can/feel like it. I just stuck with em cause I never had any aspirations to go higher. Less constrictions makes the game more enjoyable IMO.
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    Yeah your pretty stupid. Obviously if they're in an alliance they didn't quit. I didn't ask what is a retirement alliance. I asked how did they know when it was time to hang it up. Obviously talking about the grind and high end play.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    I found being in a alliance with no alliance war is so worth it. Just aq and arena is what I do now mostly. Besides event quests and stuff
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Life in the real world determined my "retired" status.

Used to be a Plat 3 ally with 5x5 pushing for Map 6. Could be quite stressful and time consuming (which burned out quite a few alliance mates), but then I took a new job which didn't provide the same time luxury so I ended up taking a step back. Been Gold 2/3 ever since.

On top of that, the game itself just isn't as much fun anymore. At the mercy of RNG too long and simply tired of playing the same champs day after day. I don't play at the levels to generate the resources to rank up a lot of champs, and the champs I do get aren't anything special. Been running the same handful of attackers for months and it's just boring.

Tempted to start a new account and build up from the bottom with the knowledge and skills I've learned. Also tempted to fully uninstall the game and do something else.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Noob2435 said:

I found being in a alliance with no alliance war is so worth it. Just aq and arena is what I do now mostly. Besides event quests and stuff

Gold 1 no offseaspn wars is pretty solid man
    I run suicides all the time lol, I'm too cheap to turn them off and back on after every war. It's way too expensive to do it
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    I am not in retirement alliance, but have been in casual 2 BG alliances for awhile. I found out early that an alliance where someone tells you how to play your game (what paths to take, how you use your items, what champs on roster you can and cannot rank up) was most definitely not for me.
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    Thanks guys. I think I'm going to slow down as well.
  • McorajrMcorajr Posts: 23
    We r looking for some more guys hit me up Mcorajr
  • SlackSlack Posts: 16
    WE SLAY MONSTERS IS RECRUITING!

NO PRESSURE! NO STRESS! NO REQUIREMENTS! NO DONATIONS! JUST FUN AND GREAT REWARDS!

We want experienced daily players! We are relaxed and laid back, but also ACTIVE and EXPERIENCED.

We are welcoming new members, and have plenty of room at the moment.

We are a semi-retired alliance for veteran players and newer players who want to grow and learn!

Due to changes in the game, we lost some members to retirement. Many players are burned out, not having fun anymore, and quitting the game. Now the company idiots have ruined Alliance Wars, with their new system. So we refocused into a Quest Alliance! No more required wars. We will run one-battlegroup wars, so no one is obligated to participate in them. Only join war if you want to. We focus more on Alliance Quests, for better and more reliable results! And more fun!

Alliance Quests all week; Map 3. No donations required at this time. Some map 5 in the future, when we refill our membership.

We all have families and jobs. They come first. The game should be fun. No pressure or stress of playing 24/7. No jerks who tell you when to play and when to move. Just play the way you normally do, participate in Quests, and have fun. We achieve all Alliance Events in this way... every person plays the modes they want, and everything gets done. No need for Event minimum requirements.

Perfect for semi-retired or advanced veteran players who want to relax, have fun, and enjoy the game again, without the stress!

Perfect for developing players who want to grow and learn and make cool friends!

Line is required. Or line lite, if you want to use less space on your phone.

COME SLAY SOME MONSTERS WITH US... AND HAVE FUN!

WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU! :)

CONTACT INFORMATION:
    Line: filmscorpion
    Game Chat: Will Scorpio