**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I don’t like the new AI

I found more difficult to fight in Story Quest
Act5
This AI is story quest become more similar to the AQ , now the enemy stay still at the corner and don’t Move.
In EQ I was easy to beat uncollected human torch with my team , now is not possible.
AI become more difficult in SQ and EQ
Why kabam you did it?
You say this in your updates:
Improvements to timing consistency of triggering abilities and attacks
Please, could you explain if it is related with the AI. If you changed it, it is wrong, because now is more difficult SQ and EQ

Comments

• Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    I noticed that they sometimes stay blocking until i dash forward, then they activate the special and intercept me
  • Options
    MichtkaMichtka Posts: 11
    Exactly. They stay blocking , same like they do in AQ.
    Kabam, is this a bug?
    Why you have changed the AI in Story Quest.
    I think it is not fair, we need to deal with this more difficult AI, very annoying.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    If it is deliberate, I think they should explain why , why we need to play harder and spend more money to get cavalier, when others have a easier AI in the version before?
    To me was clear, SQ and EQ, the AI was easier than AQ, and now why they decide to change it making SQ and EQ harder?
    Is not fun playing vs different AI all the time.
    Please Kabam, could you explain why have you make these changes?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I don't really notice anything different with the AI. Even if it has changed, it's just different, not harder.
  • Options
    gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    Michtka said:

If it is deliberate, I think they should explain why , why we need to play harder and spend more money to get cavalier, when others have a easier AI in the version before?
    To me was clear, SQ and EQ, the AI was easier than AQ, and now why they decide to change it making SQ and EQ harder?
    Is not fun playing vs different AI all the time.
    Please Kabam, could you explain why have you make these changes?
    Thanks.

I just explained why they would do it, did you not read it?
  • Options
    I want to believe Kabam
    Have other more logical explanation, not only take out our money.
  • Options
    Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    This month I have been getting my you know what handed to me. I've been missing parries like no tomorrow and the way the AI is acting is very strange. I had 1 just stand there for 40 seconds
  • Options
    I found the battle very boring, the enemy stop many times, and you need to change strategy of parry , because it stop when is runing to you.
    Kabam, you are doing a mess with this new AI, again, please could you explain why you cdecide to do it. I start losing my interest in the game because this difficult AI for EQ and SQ.
  • Options
    jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    I’m sorry
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Michtka said:

Dipsey experimented the same in other post and he said this:
    the AI behavior was changed the AI has been ultra defensive which is so boring considering the AI spends 2 mins out of 3 just holding block & we have to break the block, Kabam changed the AI to make fights more interesting but all this has done is make fights boring, please Kabam consider reverting the AI back to where it was instead of us having to stand the AI blocking the whole fight unless we block break it’s really annoying.

I also noticed such change in AI yet I tackle it with infinite heavy attacks, which is quite funny in some fights.
    And IMIW becomes very useful in some fights too.
  • Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    It the AI is changed, I don't think it's that big of an issue as gannicus said, they need to make money. The problem is, why weren't we informed? Even if there's a small change in the AI of an existing quest, players deserve to know about it.
  • Options
    Exactly bro, we should be informed about it, they mentioned a small paragraph at the end of the updates made. It is unfair.
  • Options
    Yes reference , you need to start using heavy attacks. And now champs as quake, corvus, masacre are potential options. I need to change me style of play. Not nice.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Basically:
    I was good with the AI in SQ: I am 0.67 cavalier
    I am not good with the AI in AQ.
    Now, this update make AI in SQ similar to the AQ, that’s why I noticed the changes in AI, and now Kabam is forcing me to change my style of play.
    Like I said, it is very unfair, kabam decide to change it with no explanation.
  • Options
    gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Michtka said:

Exactly bro, we should be informed about it, they mentioned a small paragraph at the end of the updates made. It is unfair.

Guys, remember who we're dealing with here.
    I'll reiterate, it's all about the money to them, not player satisfaction. Unexpected changes cause us to make mistakes, which in turn, they hope, causes us to use more resources.
  • Options
    LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 234 ★★
    This game isn’t fun anymore. I feel more like an addict trying get my crystal “fix” than someone who enjoys the game. It’s terrible, the game is playing us...we are not playing the game. You can’t dash back to create space with getting attacked faster than you can react, AI dash attacks can slow their strike to avoid parry, AI can recover faster than user champs from any and all attacks. There has been a huge shift in the meta, the game is different. Kabam has been making subtle changes over the last year but it’s finally becoming noticeable to the masses.

I took a couple months off and when i came back it was a different game. Since this last update the difference in the AI response is palpable. The only thing that makes sense is that the new champs they want to introduce will require this new gameplay because I can’t imagine kabam is trying to run off its players, but a change in gameplay is obvious and any denial is laughable. There are too many people making too many complaints for it to be nothing. Sorry, I feel like I’m ranting.
  • Options
    KickNatherinaKickNatherina Posts: 157
    Knew I was noticing this. Was never struggling against poison nodes without poison immune champions, after the most recent update I took so much poison damage in AW and couldn’t be prepared for it unless I changed my normal attack team. Now I know to bring poison immune for my path, but I shouldn’t be bamboozled the first attempt and get wrecked by unavoidable damage on a node I am usually able to bypass.
  • Options
    BigbadromoBigbadromo Posts: 26
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos Can we get any clarification or explanation as to why the AI has changed? These things should be in the patch notes before being updated. You have said time and again you want to be transparent. This is not being transparent.
  • Options
    Exactly guys, it is not fun anymore after 5 years playing this game.
    Will be great if someone can add some videos comparing a battle in SQ with the old AI and the new AI, to see the the big difference im the battle.
    Now the enemy is very defensive:
    You need to attack him and break the block to let him move.
    When parry, you need to be more clever, because the enemy make a little pause when he is runing to you.
    Kabam, why you didn’t inform us of this deliberate massive changes in the fight.
    That’s very unfair on your costumers.
  • Options
    CheddarBobCheddarBob Posts: 64
    They just go silent and never answer questions and are underhanded at every turn.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Hey all,

The AI was not purposely changed, but if there was a change it would not have been intentional. I have passed it on to the team.

EDIT: The Team is already investigating this. Sorry for the late reply!
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    There is an existing discussion on this topic here.
This discussion has been closed.