**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

2015 vs normal rank up gem

So I now have a 2015 rank 3-4 tech gem and a normal 3-4 tech gem. Does the game automatically default to the 2015 gem for the 2015 champ, because I can’t rank up from the item screen and the rank up page doesn’t give the option to choose which gem to use

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,166 ★★★★★
    Do it cost gold
    To rank op
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Col66 said:

So I now have a 2015 rank 3-4 tech gem and a normal 3-4 tech gem. Does the game automatically default to the 2015 gem for the 2015 champ, because I can’t rank up from the item screen and the rank up page doesn’t give the option to choose which gem to use

Yes it does. I had the same situation last night when I ranked up Spider Gwen. If you click on the gem in the upgrade screen it pulls up the description and will be a 2015 gem
    Gamer said:

Do it cost gold

Yes. Gems just save the cats

Gamer said:

Do it cost gold

Yes. Gems just save the cats
    When I’m rank op champ from my 2015 gym it didt cost any gold alest for me
    Here you go for me it do
    nt
  • Col66Col66 Posts: 26
    Cool thanks. Was worried about clicking it and owning a 4/55 iron patriot. I think what gamer is saying is that a normal gem you still have to pay the gold cost. 2015 just says “use”
    Haji_Saab said:

This is a legitimate issue which should be clarified. Actually try support .. may be they will have a answer

I just answered it for him. Ranked spider Gwen last night with one
    Gamer said:

Here you go for me it do
    nt

Hmmmm never even noticed that honestly. Nice
  • Sai_7Sai_7 Posts: 246
    Col66 said:

actually yes, i have the same situation.
    When i go to the rank up part for OG Vision , the Rank up Gem is present. if yu click on the rank up gem it says its the 2015 one. so the precedence is the 2015 gem if applicable to the champ.