**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena AI

Comments

• jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    Unlike you I like hard fights and arena fights are to quick to even think about difficulty’s I would though like the baiting mechanism to work again
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I didn't say I don't like hard Fights. I love the Arena. I do think there is a threshold that becomes too overboard.
    No one said I was suggesting nerfing it completely. It's also meant to be a challenge. I just said there are some irregularities I believe could be looked at.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    A month ago, I would have agreed with and have experienced everything the OP has mentioned. Had been using android phones up until this point.

I bought an iphone within this last month, and now it's like normal again. In fact better than normal. I had no idea the game could play this smooth and responsively.

So gotta be a device issue.
    Only people running Apple are experiencing the same thing.
    Not across the board, though. Could be older iphone models, could be the ios update they currently have, who knows, but I can assure you, if playing on a decent device, there are no AI changes.

Have you tried playing the game on iphone? I asked to use my brothers to see what the game played like. Went out and bought this iphone an hour later.
    Someone just literally commented they have a new iPad, 6 months old.
    I'm so can't even right now I need a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
    The device does not make the AI behave that way. Control issues, perhaps. Not the AI behavior.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom are you having issues throughout the arena or just on the 6-20ish fights?
    Never fails. People are going to troll regardless. Might as well just respond to the serious comments.

@GroundedWisdom are you having issues throughout the arena or just on the 6-20ish fights?

No. Mostly latter Infinite. 30-50+. Somewhere around there, it kicks into overdrive, and some Fights are just ridiculously frustrating.
    I'm talking every hit being Parried. Jerk-back Evade reflexes, Parrying mid-Special, Evading mid-Special, reaction times ridiculously fast, some are sped up like Fast Forward. Again, I'm not new to the Arena. This is not characteristic of what we usually see.
    edited April 2019

The device does not make the AI behave that way. Control issues, perhaps. Not the AI behavior.

Ipad does not play with the same efficiency as an iphone. Again, you have to rule out all possible problems yourself. If you cant play on an iphone to see for yourself, than it can only be speculation on your part.

If your actually looking for ideas than you should be open to all possibilities and not just being right. Seems like you have your mind made up. Im just trying to add my perspective to all this, and I feel my recent experiences are pretty valid to this conversation.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I don't have any problems at that point in the streak. I wouldn't say I have problems period, but the AI is annoying earlier. Best advice I can give is if you are getting parried, change the rhythm of the fight. Stop attacking, back up and let him come to you.
    phil56201 said:

Ipad does not play with the same efficiency as an iphone. Again, you have to rule out all possible problems yourself. If you cant play on an iphone to see for yourself, than it can only be speculation on your part.

If your actually looking for ideas than you should be open to all possibilities and not just being right. Seems like you have your mind made up. Im just trying to add my perspective to all this, and I feel my recent experiences are pretty valid to this conversation.
    I have my mind made up on the fact that it is not related to my device, yes. Quite frankly, I'm tired of people telling me it's my device. My device is sufficient enough to run many things, and the game is the only App I experience issues like this with. People with a range of devices have experienced the same thing. It's the game, not the device. It's not Apple vs. Android. It's the AI.

phil56201 said:

I have my mind made up on the fact that it is not related to my device, yes. Quite frankly, I'm tired of people telling me it's my device. My device is sufficient enough to run many things, and the game is the only App I experience issues like this with. People with a range of devices have experienced the same thing. It's the game, not the device. It's not Apple vs. Android. It's the AI.
    Alright, whatever.

I don't have any problems at that point in the streak. I wouldn't say I have problems period, but the AI is annoying earlier. Best advice I can give is if you are getting parried, change the rhythm of the fight. Stop attacking, back up and let him come to you.

Only, you can't. You try to Evade back, and it lances forward and whiffs you. It plays passive until you try to Attack and Intercepts. It comes in fast and Parries anything you try. It Parries an Unblockable Attack. MODOK Auto Blocks with True Strike active. My problem isn't that I can't fight in it or handle it. I'm not upset I'm losing my Streak. I'm getting through it just fine. My issue is the AI is overboard, and things are triggering on the other side at a rate and in a way they shouldn't be. Lol.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    I don't even do arena that much just because the AI triggers me so much, you can't ever bait their specials, but once they get to the SP3 they fire it without hesitation, and the AI just ruins the rhythm of a regular fight..
  • UlysseOdysseus75UlysseOdysseus75 Posts: 188
    The thing is arena is grinding. I don't like this new AI because it's annoying asf, difficult fights ? Ok I can handle it but 2 minutes per fights because this stupid **** stay on block for ages ...
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    People who say it's because of the devices that are being used, are the only ones fortunate enough to be experiencing this. I've seen people complain about this happening on iPhone XS and XR, as well as Android. It's happening across all devices regardless of what OS you're using. And trust me.... As someone who has a phone, specifically built for gaming, that has double the RAM of the top iPhones, has 2 more cores on the processor. It is as powerful, if not more so than any iPhone currently out. These issue do happen, and are no related to the device. Kabam is investigating the AI behaviour because it isn't acting as it should be.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    People are not trolling you and your very stubborn to people offering you help with suggestions to help your gaming experience. Yea ram and processor help but the game doesn’t only need those two items to run very smooth. There is a lot more factors when running the game on non Apple products that will affect things. People only suggest your device because the game version is the same for everyone but yet you have trouble and some don’t have issues. So it’s not a inherent issue in the game it’s more likely an issue with how the game is running on certain devices. If it was an issue with the arena then it would be almost everyone who would be experiencing this issue and not just a select few.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Batman05 said:

People are not trolling you and your very stubborn to people offering you help with suggestions to help your gaming experience. Yea ram and processor help but the game doesn’t only need those two items to run very smooth. There is a lot more factors when running the game on non Apple products that will affect things. People only suggest your device because the game version is the same for everyone but yet you have trouble and some don’t have issues. So it’s not a inherent issue in the game it’s more likely an issue with how the game is running on certain devices. If it was an issue with the arena then it would be almost everyone who would be experiencing this issue and not just a select few.

You're spewing nonsense. I'm a former Software Tester and Games Tester, who's worked on some big AAA titles on different platforms. The one thing you learn, is that there's client side issues, and server side issues when it comes to online games. The AI issue, which is affecting a lot of different aspects outside of the arena as well, is a server sided issue, not a client or device issue. This is what happens when some values are changed within the server values, which controls the AI.

This is literally nothing to do with "Oh you're not running an Apple device". You even stated yourself that everyone is running the same version of the game, so regardless of device, outside of MUCH older devices and ones that are no longer being supported, the stand point of "You're not using an Apple device" is incorrect. ESPECIALLY when as I also stated people who are using iPhone XR and XS, two of the most recent devices, are also having these AI issues.

This is a client side issue that only arose after the 22.1 update, and the subsequent 22.1.1 hotfix. Sorry to burst your bubble here, but this is affecting a range of devices, both Apple and Android. Just because you specifically aren't having these issues, doesn't mean that it's related to a device in particular.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★

Take your pick. I run the 3*, Basic, 4* Featured, T4B, Alpha (particularly horrible this past one)......
    Happens in all of them. Specifically, the higher the Streak.

Not seeing the problems you described. Do I need to push further higher up the streak?

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    I'm not really seeing this issue either in Arenas, it is still a snoozefest.

Ok, so you don't. We do, and I'm certainly not imagining it. The AI is not the same.
  • liquidkarmaliquidkarma Posts: 80
    Insular perspective. I’ve won 20,000 arena fights, top streak is still 12. You don’t see me complaining. Thinking broadly, it may be an attempt to lower required arena scores for winning featured champs, which I would think most people would support.
    I wouldn't want to fathom that theory. Altering the AI to lower scores would be a level of manipulation that would make me question the motives of the entire game. Fortunately, I don't believe that's what we have here.
  • liquidkarmaliquidkarma Posts: 80
    edited April 2019
    reading more posts in this thread, my AI and gameplay rate is constantly fluctuating and it always has been. some fights are fast, some slow, sometimes they block like crazy, sometimes they dash in out of the seeming clear blue. *be like water.* i've lost thousands of fights due to what somebody else may view as **** up AI. i don't see it that way. all of the 22.1 bug complaints i have seen a lot of in the forum, are things i have occasionally cursed under my breath while playing this game, practically since i started. i think there's an element to groupthink in this forum, across the board, no pun intended, and with groupthink is always some blind spots. life is chaos, life is random. so is the game. whether it's programmed that way i really couldn't say or even begin to speculate on.

it's like something i always think about, darren aronofsky's film "Pi," about a man who has a complete psychotic break from *consensus reality* while trying to decipher a pattern in the stock market fluctuations. (the film is fictional, but you know there have been thousands of people who have lost their minds and been driven to insanity trying to decipher a code or pattern that explains or controls or illuminates the universe.)
    it's Man's Search For Meaning. it's an innate desire.
    but you don't have to let it drive you. it's interesting to think about, but it will never be understood, not fully.
    life is full of trapdoors. rabbit holes. the scary or crazy thing is, how far you can get into one without realizing it. you can get so deep you create a whole new and frightening reality.
    not to say anyone is doing this, but this is in that similar water i feel.
    the above is directed at anyone who analyzes the game, btw. i havent read the whole thread i'm just thinking out loud here.

i hear you about the changing of the POV of the game, but personally i wouldn't rule it out. kabam is always having to deal with people complaining on the forums. maybe sometimes they try to help. maybe this is one of them. who knows. they were pretty hardline about the act 6 restrictions, which seem to be a way to maintain timelines of progression. maybe they adjust other timelines in other directions.
    the AI could just be broken, as well, in which case i hope this thread will get their attention, and they will fix it. i don't reach those kinds of streaks in arena, but if i were someone accustomed to a grinding schedule to allow certain streaks, and that changed, i'd be flabbergasted and wanna know what was going on.
    Combating people had nothing to do with Act 6. It was a progress gate. One that had good reason. The Reward system itself would have become seriously imbalanced if they allowed access to the Cavalier Crystals to Accounts that hadn't reached a certain level. That's the reason for the restriction. To keep the increased availability where it wouldn't break the natural progression of the game. Not to simply be mean, or unnecessarily restrictive.