**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Infinite Refresh of CN region Negative Space Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    The Event was designed to be rewarding for Alliances who are participating in an honest and cooperative fashion, and was not designed so that people could exploit it Ad Infinitum through Alliance Hopping.
  • webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192

Other rough numbers-250k 5 star shards/ 18k 6 star shards/ 2 t5b/ 20 t2a. Those are game altering numbers. That’s around 6 months worth of master AW rewards. They absolutely can’t let this one go.

We agree. Should I be scared? ;)
    please. dont be drama queen. you cant even beat arena ai
    webtswx said:

Other rough numbers-250k 5 star shards/ 18k 6 star shards/ 2 t5b/ 20 t2a. Those are game altering numbers. That’s around 6 months worth of master AW rewards. They absolutely can’t let this one go.

Who says I can't beat Arena AI? Ha. I've been a Grinder since I started playing. 90K Wins says I can maintain a Streak. Just because I commented on the AI acting differently doesn't mean I wasn't winning. Don't go fishing in a Mud Puddle.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

webtswx said:

Who says I can't beat Arena AI? Ha. I've been a Grinder since I started playing. 90K Wins says I can maintain a Streak. Just because I commented on the AI acting differently doesn't mean I wasn't winning. Don't go fishing in a Mud Puddle.
    Our mud puddles have catfish.
    Hamin said:

webtswx said:

Those are some deep Mud Puddles. Lol. Let me guess. Bayou?

Hamin said:

webtswx said:

Those are some deep Mud Puddles. Lol. Let me guess. Bayou?
    Yup. Southern LA.
    Lainua said:

Lainua said:

There are no rules forbidding players hopping between alliances,
    and there are no rules forbidding players grinding bounties more than 3 times per day.
    Players need "Antimatter" currency to activate a mission, and Kabam gave them free rein.
    So, Kabam may confiscate those extra bounties, but they cannot implement any bans.
    If anything, it's Kabam who most need to learn a lesson - not to rush out contents full of bugs every time.

It’s true. And Kabam will take a dangerous road if they punish players for doing what they are allowed to do. It’s illegal and power abuse.

As for taking back rewards, if they do that, they have to compensate to players who pay real money to complete epic and master difficulty. Taking their money for free is unacceptable.

So you think not only is it their fault people cheated, they should be afraid to take action because people may have paid to finish Bounties they shouldn't be milking to begin with? Right.....
    Stop. Not everyone milk the game. Now, find innocent players and compensate them if you want to punish them for your own fault.
    There is nothing innocent about taking advantage of a design and exploiting it. That's exactly what it is. To the tune of a significant amount of Top Tier Resources. Nice spin.

i suggest in the future, it is best for kabam (this is for both kabam's and players' benefits) to provide clear language instruction. Clarify what is intended, and what the rules are, before running into situations like this. It is most effective for a company to prevent and address issues preemptively than to only fix issues every time they surface. this also helps bridges communication and minimize misunderstanding between kabam and the player base
  • kimkingokimkingo Posts: 37
    If someone thinks that using a bug to brush three 5star crystals a day is not a bug, I have nothing to say
    You don't need specific instructions to know this is not kosher. People are even brave enough to play it off on Kabam, thinking they'll get away with it. Let's be real here.
    kimkingo said:

If someone thinks that using a bug to brush three 5star crystals a day is not a bug, I have nothing to say

Right?

Lainua said:

Lainua said:

There are no rules forbidding players hopping between alliances,
    and there are no rules forbidding players grinding bounties more than 3 times per day.
    Players need "Antimatter" currency to activate a mission, and Kabam gave them free rein.
    So, Kabam may confiscate those extra bounties, but they cannot implement any bans.
    If anything, it's Kabam who most need to learn a lesson - not to rush out contents full of bugs every time.

It’s true. And Kabam will take a dangerous road if they punish players for doing what they are allowed to do. It’s illegal and power abuse.

As for taking back rewards, if they do that, they have to compensate to players who pay real money to complete epic and master difficulty. Taking their money for free is unacceptable.

So you think not only is it their fault people cheated, they should be afraid to take action because people may have paid to finish Bounties they shouldn't be milking to begin with? Right.....
    Stop. Not everyone milk the game. Now, find innocent players and compensate them if you want to punish them for your own fault.
    There is nothing innocent about taking advantage of a design and exploiting it. That's exactly what it is. To the tune of a significant amount of Top Tier Resources. Nice spin.
    Gonna have to agree with GW here. It's obvious this is an exploit. People who partake in it know what they're doing.

You don't need specific instructions to know this is not kosher. People are even brave enough to play it off on Kabam, thinking they'll get away with it. Let's be real here.

technically, you can't prove intention. what you can prove is the language you use. that's the evidence. aren't you supposed to the lawyer on the forum
    webtswx said:

technically, you can't prove intention. what you can prove is the language you use. that's the evidence. aren't you supposed to the lawyer on the forum
    Wowzers

Also, ignorance isn't an excuse. Farming end game resources is obviously an exploit.
    in this case, it might be obvious. however, that doesnt mean kabam shouldnt take a lesson from this to be more attentive to improve their description. unless you dont want kabam to improve? is that what you;re saying?
  • BrightfireHDBrightfireHD Posts: 81

The fact that people are trying to find a way to blame Kabam for this, I find to be audacious, irreverent, and disturbing.

Because Kabam frequently rush out untested new contents.
    If they don't pay the price, similar situations will still happen.
    What they really should do to ensure fair play is as following:
    1. Make a hotfix to prevent more abuse.
    2. Calculate the top bounty a player can grind during past weeks.
    3. Award the same amount bounty to all honest players who never exploit.
    webtswx said:

You CAN prove that people were jumping from Ally to Ally just to run Bounties. That's all in the data. That's not within range of normal game play. Very easy to determine, actually.
    webtswx said:

in this case, it might be obvious. however, that doesnt mean kabam shouldnt take a lesson from this to be more attentive to improve their description. unless you dont want kabam to improve? is that what you;re saying?

To be blunt, that's a stupid line of thought.

Kabam works to push new content monthly. Unless you're a time wizard, it's impossible to not have bugs and exploits within the game from time to time given the haste of updates.

The fact that people are trying to find a way to blame Kabam for this, I find to be audacious, irreverent, and disturbing.

Because Kabam frequently rush out untested new contents.
    If they don't pay the price, similar situations will still happen.
    What they really should do to ensure fair play is as following:
    1. Make a hotfix to prevent more abuse.
    2. Calculate the top bounty a player can grind during past weeks.
    3. Award the same amount bounty to all honest players who never exploit.
    Absolutely disagree. Both with blaming Kabam, and with the idea they should reward everyone for others making the choice to exploit.

webtswx said:

You CAN prove that people were jumping from Ally to Ally just to run Bounties. That's all in the data. That's not within range of normal game play. Very easy to determine, actually.
    so, can you definitely prove that they themselves are aware that this is a bug, not actually intended? because on the event description, it never stated they couldnt.

also, do not think im going against kabam here. im actually helping kabam.

by improving language instruction, it will help kabam avoid situations like this in the future. because then, kabam can actually point to the description and say, "hey, what you're doing is against the rules we set." then kabam can clearly punish those who exploit.

it seems like it's you who never want to kabam to improve or learn anything from these types of situations. even though you're ostensibly speaking for kabam, you're in fact not doing them a favor.
    You know, that's the part that bothers me the most. It's unfortunate that people try to work the system in any way they can conceive, but it happens. It's an unfortunate part of Gaming. However, if they get caught, then take responsibility. They tried, and it didn't fly. Quite simple. What really triggers me is when people blame it on the system. The system didn't make you look for an unfair advantage. It didn't lead you to assume you would get away with it. Everything about this suggests it's not within reasonable playing, and it's not a shock to know this is not cool. The nerve to play it off as their fault is what gets me. Just displays a lack of conscience with these things.
    Hamin said:

webtswx said:

To be blunt, that's a stupid line of thought.

Kabam works to push new content monthly. Unless you're a time wizard, it's impossible to not have bugs and exploits within the game from time to time given the haste of updates.
    so you're saying you're okay with bugs being pushed every month? seems hypocritical for you to say that. hopefully, i dont see you complain about bugs or lags next time
    Bugs and lag don't justify this behavior.
This discussion has been closed.