**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Infinity stone profile pics

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Well...I wouldn't agree with the Barbie comment but...yes. Lol. That's what I'm saying. It's just cosmetic. I could understand if they were charging 500 Units for the Stones to do EQ, but there's literally no function to the Pics. They're just optional.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★

Well...I wouldn't agree with the Barbie comment but...yes. Lol. That's what I'm saying. It's just cosmetic. I could understand if they were charging 500 Units for the Stones to do EQ, but there's literally no function to the Pics. They're just optional.

WHAT YOU GOT AGAINST BARBIE!!!! lol
    Nothing, I just wouldn't tell people to go play. XD
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★

Stakeholders? Optional purchases do not equal Shares in the company.
    Are we really this bent out of shape over some Profile Pics? They're not necessary at all. Each Stone is the usual price for the Premium ones. You get a Legendary if you buy all. Not that hard to understand.

@GroundedWisdom i think you are mistaken. You are thinking of "shareholders". Stakeholders are people affected by a business, so all of us who play Mcoc are stakeholder in Kabam
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

Are we really this bent out of shape over some Profile Pics? They're not necessary at all. Each Stone is the usual price for the Premium ones. You get a Legendary if you buy all. Not that hard to understand.

Obviously people are upset. Do their opinions not matter as paying customers? Or just your opinion matters so who cares a out everyone else. Some people like to spend money on cosmetic items nothing wrong with that or voicing displeasure over what the perceive to be over priced. Companies should listen to customer feedback.
    Zuko_ILC said:

Obviously people are upset. Do their opinions not matter as paying customers? Or just your opinion matters so who cares a out everyone else. Some people like to spend money on cosmetic items nothing wrong with that or voicing displeasure over what the perceive to be over priced. Companies should listen to customer feedback.
    There is a difference between giving feedback and demanding explanation and action, especially over something this trivial.

Zuko_ILC said:

There is a difference between giving feedback and demanding explanation and action, especially over something this trivial.
    @GroundedWisdom just because something is trivial to you does not mean it is of the same unimportance to someone else.
    edited April 2019
    It's trivial period. These are optional Profile Pics. They're just for looks. We're not entitled to them, and they literally have no effect on our Accounts whatsoever. They're not required for the Event. They hold no significance, other than people might like to have them. Some people collect them. That's fine. They're still 500 Units a pop. Same price as usual. If you want the Limited-Edition Glove, you'll need to have all the Stones. Just like you need the Stones to power the Glove in the Movie. So, yes. It's trivial. Not at all a necessity. I can assure you, my Account performs the same with The Collector, or The Claws.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★

Zuko_ILC said:

@GroundedWisdom just because something is trivial to you does not mean it is of the same unimportance to someone else.
    But your complaining that Kabam introduced something you cant afford. Something silly, imo

This is normal with so many offers popping up often and many players not being able to afford them. At least when those people get upset that have more logical reason to be.... "spenders are getting an extra edge." This profile pic is nothing in comparison and seems silly to get 20 kinds of butt-hurt over

It's trivial period. These are optional Profile Pics. They're just for looks. We're not entitled to them, and they literally have no effect on our Accounts whatsoever. They're not required for the Event. They hold no significance, other than people might like to have them. Some people collect them. That's fine. They're still 500 Units a pop. Same price as usual. If you want the Limited-Edition Glove, you'll need to have all the Stones. Just like you need the Stones to power the Glove in the Movie. So, yes. It's trivial. Not at all a necessity. I can assure you, my Account performs the same with The Collector, or The Claws.

again, just because something is trivial to you does not mean it is trivial to someone else. Just because it has no effect on how you play does not automatically label it unimportant. I find them very valuable, as im sure many other people do
    You're allowed to find them important. That's not what I'm saying. I said the reaction is disproportionate to the gravity of the situation. It's not something that must be spoken on in the name of "transparency", a word that is used more than Rank Down Tickets, and it's not something that must be fixed. It's just the price they usually are, with a rare Pic if you buy all 6. That's the point. Not everyone will have it. That's why it's rare. People are reacting as if they're forcing people to spend 3000 Units.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

I find them very valuable, as im sure many other people do

If you value the profile pic may I suggest you play the arenas for units instead of posting on the forums? The units you will earn in the arena will guarantee the profile pic where posting on the forums will not.
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    It is crazy that we have people arguing over a cosmetic game option. If it is really important to someone they can fork over the cost for it. If it isn't valued that much by someone they are not being forced to purchase it. Just because you show up, and maybe even spend your hard earned money, you do not get entitled to anything.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    This is an outrageous price for something that I assume has no benefit other than as a trophy icon. Easy pass for me.

That being said I’m fine with them selling it. If they can make money on purely cosmetic purchases, good for them. Keeps the game running and doesn’t effect players who choose not to buy.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    I personally would never buy this but I am a capitalist and Kabam is free to sell whatever they want for whatever price.
    You can't begrudge them that. The invisible hand of the market will dictate what they do. There will be some MCOC flexers who want this I suppose
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    TheVyrus said:

It is crazy that we have people arguing over a cosmetic game option. If it is really important to someone they can fork over the cost for it. If it isn't valued that much by someone they are not being forced to purchase it. Just because you show up, and maybe even spend your hard earned money, you do not get entitled to anything.

What you don't realize is when we as a community don't care about things like this they can take it as opportunity to try again only on something more vital to all players. Keep that in mind. These profile pics may be cosmetic or trivial to you, but making them cost a ridiculous price is not cool as it is saying we only care about money and not allowing the fans earn items by skill. I don't mind a challenge I can't do, but being gated because of money is inappropriate.
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★

TheVyrus said:

What you don't realize is when we as a community don't care about things like this they can take it as opportunity to try again only on something more vital to all players. Keep that in mind. These profile pics may be cosmetic or trivial to you, but making them cost a ridiculous price is not cool as it is saying we only care about money and not allowing the fans earn items by skill. I don't mind a challenge I can't do, but being gated because of money is inappropriate.
    But they are running a business and are looking to make money. This is an effective method, and honestly I prefer it on something like a profile pick than through a quest that forces the expense to complete. If I recall Captain Marvel and some other pics are the same price. Where was the outrage over that?
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I’ll buy the reality stone but that’s about it. But the price is outrageous. Seriously. Hard AF content and these profile pics that cost 500 units, were just wallets full of money in the eyes of kabam
    TheVyrus said:

TheVyrus said:

But they are running a business and are looking to make money. This is an effective method, and honestly I prefer it on something like a profile pick than through a quest that forces the expense to complete. If I recall Captain Marvel and some other pics are the same price. Where was the outrage over that?
    Be reminded other profile pics have been 500 units, but they didn't require you to pay for 6 to get a special one especially related to the huge Marvel Movie.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra Not sure why yall group my post into this chat. I am not complaining about the price of these offers like everyone else. I am complaining about the lack of transparency that caused me to use 3000 units 3 days ago to redo my masteries, and had i known about this offer ahead of time, i would have not used my units 3 days ago. Doesn't seem like a thead that should be merged with people who just angry about the deal in general

Kabam is a business and it’s in their best interest to never advertise deals. This should be an obvious answer. Your situation is the perfect reason why. Now if you want them they make 100$. They’ve never advertised deals upfront that I’m aware of. You probably won’t want to hear it but they done you a huge favor. You got new masteries instead of some stupid overpriced pictures.
    @Jamiefyffe16 that's where we disagree. While i agree that redoing masteries has made a difference, i was doing just fine before hand. While i recognize kabam is a business and their primary goal is to make money, there needs to be some amount of transparency that is given to us stakeholders in their business. A deal this big should have been announced before hand by about a week, dropping it on us the day of is ridiculous
    Saved up 11k units and waiting for Vision offer. There is no precedent to announce offers to the community.

So, I am checking out the forum daily and also youtube (a specific prof) to catch it even if I don't login to the game on some days.

I’ll buy the reality stone but that’s about it. But the price is outrageous. Seriously. Hard AF content and these profile pics that cost 500 units, were just wallets full of money in the eyes of kabam

Sad, but I believe making a price like this especially with all the other problems we have been enduring in the content is not a wise decision on Kabam's part.
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323

Then do like me and .....

DON'T BUY THEM!! lol

Amen
  • Max_Max_ Posts: 6
    Agree 100%! So who’s the first with the profile ?

of all the things the community gets outraged over (which is every single little thing), this one might be the most absurd. It's getting mad about stuff like this that makes any real issue look like just standard whining.

• _VEGETA__VEGETA_ Posts: 24
    edited April 2019
    They’ll put this out, because there is always one who will get it.

GencerM already has it.

TheVyrus said:

TheVyrus said:

Be reminded other profile pics have been 500 units, but they didn't require you to pay for 6 to get a special one especially related to the huge Marvel Movie.
    That's what makes it special. No one said it was meant to be accessible to everyone.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    They should make a tab in the store called whales, stick this profile in it.
This discussion has been closed.