**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enough with the Thanos boss complaints!

Human_Iceberg2Human_Iceberg2 Posts: 282 ★★★
He’s really not that hard. I am free to play and beat him with one 20% revive from my stash. It is doable with 5/50 and since you are uncollected you should be able to finish it. There are many available options for this fight and the main objective is to try to bring avengers for the final phase. After all this is what this event is about. Hyperion, Void, GP, NF, Sparky, Cap IW, domino, SS, and proxima midnight are a few good options. You have 44 days to practice with a 9 energy cost per try. TAKE YOUR TIME. Just made this as a little reminder that this is not a cash grab.

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Agreed. People need to shut up about it being hard and there is still a lot of time too practice this fight.
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    wurd. 5 revives here but probably fought him 30-40 times before using a revive. The quest will be here for a long time. get some practice peeps
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    It took 3 tries and 118 units on potions for me to beat him. Took about 7 revives
  • cradlemancradleman Posts: 86
    I'd have beat him by now if there wasn't stupid safeguard in all three phases. Can't do any damage last phase cause of it. And first phase lasts way too long. Submitted a ticket and posts in the bugs section of the forum and silence
  • cradlemancradleman Posts: 86
    Drooped2 said:

cradleman said:

I'd have beat him by now if there wasn't stupid safeguard in all three phases. Can't do any damage last phase cause of it. And first phase lasts way too long. Submitted a ticket and posts in the bugs section of the forum and silence

You'd have beat him if they changed him to suit you?
    Everyone had safegaurd its not a bug it's an ability
    He's supposed to have safeguard in phase 2. This is fine. This is what everyone deals with. But where pandaman Pete is doing 20k crits with ghost in phase 1, my ghost is hitting for 2786 on all three crits on an l2. Not a single hit from my r5 SL in phase one has been over 2786. Phases one and three are not supposed to have safeguard. Yet I landed an l3 on thanos when he had 8 armor breaks with my ghulk in phase 3 and you know how much damage I did? Hope you guessed 2786. It's not intended, it's a bug and it makes the last phase darn near impossible because I can't do the 30k+ damage seen in the YouTube videos in phase 3. I don't need them to change him to suit me, I need them to fix his freaking bugs.
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 322 ★★
    edited April 2019
    I can say I'm in the boat that has to beat him with mostly 5/50 and I can't even get past the second stage. Im not trying to complain as ik my roster isn't very strong yet, and I'll keep trying but I can definitely say it feels next to impossible lol my team is 4/55 KM, 5/50 aa, 3/45 venom, 5/50 hype, 5/50 sparky. I don't have any avengers
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

He’s really not that hard. I am free to play and beat him with one 20% revive from my stash. It is doable with 5/50 and since you are uncollected you should be able to finish it. There are many available options for this fight and the main objective is to try to bring avengers for the final phase. After all this is what this event is about. Hyperion, Void, GP, NF, Sparky, Cap IW, domino, SS, and proxima midnight are a few good options. You have 44 days to practice with a 9 energy cost per try. TAKE YOUR TIME. Just made this as a little reminder that this is not a cash grab.

Heroic don't count and he is definitely meant as a cash grab.
    Uncollected cost me zero units and 4 tries to do
    Like your proof
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    rwhack said:

It’s not just that he’s difficult. The rewards don’t reflect the added difficulty.

It’s a basic concept. If something is harder and in this case more expensive having the same rewards as last month is kinda stupid.

I’m being perfectly honest when I say that the rewards don’t bother me...even with the varied degree of difficulty. Some months are easier than others. However, I don’t play for rewards (although I recognize they are necessary).

I play for challenging, interesting, and fun fights. I play to test my skills and roster building.

Of course I love opening crystals, and getting rank up gems...

That surely sounds stupid to some, but it’s why I play.

I do what I can.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

One more cash grab which I will do but spend no cash. Funny how that works. It's an interesting fight. It's a challenge. It can be done with skill. Sometimes I think people forget why we play this game lol. They give us a well designed boss fight with lots of time and little energy cost to practice and people cry cash grab smh
    edited April 2019
    Drooped2 said:

Uncollected cost me zero units and 4 tries to do
    @Drooped2 what team did you use?

Edit. NM I saw you posted it lol

One 20% revive and 5/50s? Show us proof or this did not happen. No way in hell.

I’m a pretty good player, and ran a dozen or so shots at him before I got him down. I’m at 100% of UC now, but...With 5/50’s this would be extremely difficult if not impossible.

“He’s really not that hard”. False. I have also 100% Variant #1, and to say he is not that hard is ridiculous.

He said he did it with one revive and that it's doable with 5/50s. He didn't say he used 5/50s lol
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

One 20% revive and 5/50s? Show us proof or this did not happen. No way in hell.

I’m a pretty good player, and ran a dozen or so shots at him before I got him down. I’m at 100% of UC now, but...With 5/50’s this would be extremely difficult if not impossible.

“He’s really not that hard”. False. I have also 100% Variant #1, and to say he is not that hard is ridiculous.

He ain’t that hard. For me. I’m hav da the champ for him but can se a problem wher somone not hav. At good time. But if you practice enuget it pay of
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    For me, it's not about difficulty. I beat last year's Thanos after X tries with 3-30 and 4-40 avengers. These new mechanics are just annoying and put me off. I don't feel like it's a nice challenge, and I like a challenge, done Variant and liked it. But that's my opinion about the choice of abilities which I don't like. I just don't want to invest so much (time and items) in this one fight. And I don't mind restarting quests a few times, but this feels like I will have to do that 20+ times.

So, not a rant, I'll just skip this one. I have 4 more collectors to beat for 100% A5, which I never get around to doing, so it's not all bad. Besides, not every bit of content can be liked by everyone.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

One more cash grab which I will do but spend no cash. Funny how that works. It's an interesting fight. It's a challenge. It can be done with skill. Sometimes I think people forget why we play this game lol. They give us a well designed boss fight with lots of time and little energy cost to practice and people cry cash grab smh
    It was most definitely meant to grab cash even if it couldn't get yours it is still what it was meant for.
  • KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★
    The issue, for you idiots who can't seem to understand, is that people who complete UC EQ every month with no resources used, are now struggling way more and are having to use units, potions and revives to complete something that they should be able to complete easily, and not only that, but despite the increased level of difficulty, we get the same rewards? In fact, even less rewards since we're missing a bunch of gold and potential items from 3.2 since there are no other enemies to fight.
    People sat there like 'you should be grateful for the chance to fight a much, much harder boss and get less rewards overall than you normally would for completing UC EQ'...
    Go find your 'git gud' crew, you aint wanted here...
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I have not fought him yet, but I find the previous quest (3.1) much more difficult due to amount of matchups. You start with one Ebony Maw, who is easy, then you have classic 5-6 champs line, then Thanos, and then Ebony Maw. It's 8-9 champs on the easy path. I do dot complain, it's compensation for the extremely short 3.2, but these are my reasons to consider 3.1 harder and more time consuming than 3.2.
    Karnage said:

The issue, for you idiots who can't seem to understand, is that people who complete UC EQ every month with no resources used, are now struggling way more and are having to use units, potions and revives to complete something that they should be able to complete easily, and not only that, but despite the increased level of difficulty, we get the same rewards? In fact, even less rewards since we're missing a bunch of gold and potential items from 3.2 since there are no other enemies to fight.
    People sat there like 'you should be grateful for the chance to fight a much, much harder boss and get less rewards overall than you normally would for completing UC EQ'...

Actually, you don’t need any units, potions, or revives, as they give you a month and a half to try as many times as you like for a fraction of an energy refill per attempt.

I’m one of those people that complete UC EQ every month, and I’m no idiot.

An idiot might be a person who feels they need to spend all these resources to complete it in the first couple days despite having 40 days left in the EQ to try.

Fewer rewards? Curiously, you fail to acknowledge all the rewards we get from the other event this month, which is quite simple.

It was most definitely meant to grab cash even if it couldn't get yours it is still what it was meant for.
    It was meant to be a hard boss fight which is appropriate for the story, and people have asked for another one of these fights. The game exists to make money but that's not what people meant when they cry "cash grab". If you want to call the collector a cash grab at the time he was released I'm with you. This fight is not a cash grab.

• AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★

Karnage said:

Actually, you don’t need any units, potions, or revives, as they give you a month and a half to try as many times as you like for a fraction of an energy refill per attempt.

I’m one of those people that complete UC EQ every month, and I’m no idiot.

An idiot might be a person who feels they need to spend all these resources to complete it in the first couple days despite having 40 days left in the EQ to try.

Fewer rewards? Curiously, you fail to acknowledge all the rewards we get from the other event this month, which is quite simple.
    other rewards like what those dumb rng last stand crystals?? thanks but no thanks.
This discussion has been closed.