**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cavalier crystals.

phiguy721phiguy721 Posts: 197
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
Firstly, let me be the first to admit that I was taken in by the hype surrounding the Cavalier crystals -- in no small part due to multiple videos of great pulls. However, having opened a decent number of them, I think I can safely say that they're not all that much better than any other crystals.

Granted: the price tag of them is fair, and the 50% chance to get something other than a 3* is nice. However, if you're expecting to get regular 5* pulls, or you're trying to get a specific character, you're going to be disappointed. These crystals are no more useful for such endeavors than are PHCs or FGMCs.

So, buyer beware: your luck with these, just as with all other crystals, is more likely than not going to be bad. Though, you at least will be able to take comfort in the fact that you won't have wasted as many units on these as you would've on others.

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    A small chance for a 6-star is pretty cool. But the odds are tiny.
  • Options
    BruteForce75BruteForce75 Posts: 48
    I opened 15 and got 6 4*s and 9 3*s. Plenty of people getting 1-2 5*s per 10 crystals in my alliance though.
  • Options
    shortskatrshortskatr Posts: 25
    I think there garbage,, I got 3 4 stars out of 16 crystals,, 3400 units for 3 4 stars and a bunch of garbage,, wish they never came out
  • Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Best value in the game. I’ve pulled 2 6*s, 12 5*s and tons of 4*s (iso and shards). Sure, the 3*s suck but can’t expect every crystal to be a winner.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

True not every openning is gonna look like this.

I had a guy pull 15 3*s out of 15 crystals.
    But if people want to gamble with their spare money. Then allow them to do so. They are currently the best means of growing your roster
  • Options
    Gambl0rGambl0r Posts: 214 ★★
    Damn did I miss the train on this? Will there be another similar crystal coming up here @kabam?
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Gambl0r said:

Damn did I miss the train on this? Will there be another similar crystal coming up here @kabam?

You can buy these crystals any time you have the units once you've completed act 6 and got the cavalier title
  • Options
    GottesfurchtGottesfurcht Posts: 14
    edited April 2019
    The cavalier chrystals are absolutely great. But you have to know before you buy what you want. For someone who say „I‘ll take what I get and 2K Units doesn‘t matter“ they are a great chance to complete your roster. But if you want a special champ and sad about the 2K units if you don‘t get any good, then better let it. It‘s a fair price chance. I had some great pulls, some bad pulls. But everytime I asked myself „Do I need the 2K Units?“
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    It’s tough to say the crystals have been “great” for me without some qualification.

In terms of the overall odds (which amount to ~1/8 chance for a 5/6* champ), I’m a little behind the 1/8 pace at around 1/9 to 1/10.

I’m ahead on 6* pulls with one 6* Gamora pull. Given that the odds of a 6* are 1/100 and I’ve opened far fewer than 100 crystals, I’m doing great.

I’ve pulled three 5*’s in total, and the only one that “completes” my roster would be 5* Hypo. The other two have been dupes of arena fodder 5*’s.

So that’s a “prettty great” set of pulls from Cavaliers that would be so-so without 6* Gamora.

Just another data point to help evaluate Cavalier crystals.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    I’ll admit these crystals can be somewhat disappointing at times, but sometimes they totally redeem themselves. OP, I think it is really RNG that you hate, not the specified odds. In my most recent opening of 10, I pulled 4x 5* and a 6* Korg. Only once have I not received at least one 5* when opening a set of 10, and I have opened about 80 crystals to date.
  • Options
    TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    More 5 stars for me then i guess lol pulled 5* sym supreme last night🍻🤯😎

#CavsChangedTheMeta
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    They are way better.
  • Options
    Noneed2nvNoneed2nv Posts: 58
    Cavalier crystals are the best value in the game...It’s no guarantee but 2-3 month wait to open 1 6 star versus the “opportunity” to get with a 200 Unit gamble is fantastic. Luck plays a role but isn’t that the case with all the RNG crystals? I’ve opened 10 to get all 3 stars and 4 stars. But I’ve also opened 2 and got a 6 star and 5 star.