**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thing on AoN in AW-

RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
If we are talking about game balance then this combo seems a little unbalanced. Any strategy that keeps his power below SP3 builds up his rock stack charges to the point where he is unstoppable the rest of the fight.

Thing Counters
- Blade, GP, Ronin, KM & Fury are all solid champs for easy bleeds to prevent a build up of rock stacks but none have the ability to power control so after a couple combo rounds you get hit with SP3 and then unstoppable & unblockable for 8 seconds
- DVD, Magik & Vision are solid champs for power control strong enough to drain/prevent thing from collecting enough power to reach SP3 but not able to remove rock stacks before reaching 15 so you are constantly dealing with unstoppable passive
- SheHulk, Night Thrasher & Emma are solid champs for taunting but in the end face the same problem as power control champs

Runner Up counters
- Hawkeye, can't out drain the counter-strike buff with his SP1 so anything drained would be replaced
- Domino - can only taunt with a SP2 but at that point it pushes thing to SP3

what am i missing for counters?

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★

Would you be able to tell us what other nodes you see with All or Nothing at the tier you are at? I use the Slow Debuff that She-Hulk and Spider-Gwen apply with their Heavy Attacks to keep him from going Unstoppable in some fights. And with She-Hulk, while her opponent is Unstoppable, her Heavy can't be interrupted, removes the Unstoppable, and gives her a Passive Fury. Could be an option if you focus a bit more on her Heavys than usual, assuming other nodes allow for this strategy.

So basically you’re telling him to rank up she-hulk and spidergwen

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Quake can do it.
    Corvus can do it too.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★

Would you be able to tell us what other nodes you see with All or Nothing at the tier you are at? I use the Slow Debuff that She-Hulk and Spider-Gwen apply with their Heavy Attacks to keep him from going Unstoppable in some fights. And with She-Hulk, while her opponent is Unstoppable, her Heavy can't be interrupted, removes the Unstoppable, and gives her a Passive Fury. Could be an option if you focus a bit more on her Heavys than usual, assuming other nodes allow for this strategy.

Here's the list of annoying local nodes on the same node (node 30):
    All or Nothing, Heal Block, Plagued Mind (every 25 seconds), and Strike Back.

From your suggestion, a high level She-Hulk can possibly counter Thing on that node.
    I think even when using that tactic, it's inevitable that Thing will get SP3.

The question is whether or not She-Hulk can survive that.
    I'm highly positive that by the time Thing gets his SP3 he has at least 15 Rock Stacks and from his description, when doing SP3 while having 15 Rock Stacks he will gain a Passive Fury for 8 seconds plus the additional Unblockable assuming that he has a Slow Debuff that stops the Unstoppable part.
    Since we are on the topic, will the attack boost on the node also boost the Passive Fury he gets from SP3 and from Rock Stack expiration?
    In my Tier 4 AW, the local attack boost is +150%.
    A 5* R5 Thing has a base attack of 2459.
    The base Passive Fury from SP3 and Rock Stack removal are +983.6 and +73.77 respectively.
    If the local attack boost does boost the 2 Passive Fury sources, it will then be +2459 and +184.43 respectively.

That's a huge attack boost bonus and I think She-Hulk won't survive that SP3 unless the players use Invulnerability boost which is kinda sad to see if they need to use them in every single war. Not everyone could do that.

Also, since Strike Back node is present, I think She-Hulk can't have more than 1 Passive Fury active at one time. She can't do SP1 as that will give Thing a bar of power thanks to the node. Her Passive Fury is also can't be refreshed by that much when it's AoN node.

Oh man, that's the same path that I take in AW and I guess it's only a matter of time before I encounter Thing on that node which I hope he will not be there at all.
    I'm already having a bit trouble with 2 champs on that node 30 which I can't disclose for strategic reason.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    Others have mentioned GP and quake. I’d recommend KM as well. His SP2 will allow you to eat SP3s without damage if you know how to set it up. Iceman is another option.

Use invulnerability boost and you can tank 3x SP3s (if you don’t get hit otherwise). A number of champs can take out Thing using this strategy.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    he's really really really easy for quake on those nodes
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Duped Night Thrasher has taunt, reduces defensive ability accuracy, and can inflict bleed debuffs on strikes with synergies. 4/55+ could solo node 30 Thing.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★

• RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★

Here's the list of annoying local nodes on the same node (node 30):
    All or Nothing, Heal Block, Plagued Mind (every 25 seconds), and Strike Back.

From your suggestion, a high level She-Hulk can possibly counter Thing on that node.
    I think even when using that tactic, it's inevitable that Thing will get SP3.

The question is whether or not She-Hulk can survive that.
    I'm highly positive that by the time Thing gets his SP3 he has at least 15 Rock Stacks and from his description, when doing SP3 while having 15 Rock Stacks he will gain a Passive Fury for 8 seconds plus the additional Unblockable assuming that he has a Slow Debuff that stops the Unstoppable part.
    Since we are on the topic, will the attack boost on the node also boost the Passive Fury he gets from SP3 and from Rock Stack expiration?
    In my Tier 4 AW, the local attack boost is +150%.
    A 5* R5 Thing has a base attack of 2459.
    The base Passive Fury from SP3 and Rock Stack removal are +983.6 and +73.77 respectively.
    If the local attack boost does boost the 2 Passive Fury sources, it will then be +2459 and +184.43 respectively.

That's a huge attack boost bonus and I think She-Hulk won't survive that SP3 unless the players use Invulnerability boost which is kinda sad to see if they need to use them in every single war. Not everyone could do that.

Also, since Strike Back node is present, I think She-Hulk can't have more than 1 Passive Fury active at one time. She can't do SP1 as that will give Thing a bar of power thanks to the node. Her Passive Fury is also can't be refreshed by that much when it's AoN node.

Oh man, that's the same path that I take in AW and I guess it's only a matter of time before I encounter Thing on that node which I hope he will not be there at all.
    I'm already having a bit trouble with 2 champs on that node 30 which I can't disclose for strategic reason.
    @Kabam Zibiit exactly what bloodyCain said. SheHulk may be able to one shot a 5/65 thing but no-way spider-gwen could.
  • clj3177clj3177 Posts: 7
    I place my 565 thing there in tier 2 wars. Has only been 1 shot once, attacker had a 455 quake. Everybody else has lost at least once, as many as 11 times.

I've had 565 Thing sig 150 since the second day he came out, so that is a lot of wars.
  • KngSpcKngSpc Posts: 53
    Quake is the only champion that can beat him on node 30. Tanking an SP3 will not work, as you’ll be stuck at the wall against unstoppable+unblockable for 8 seconds. I don’t believe anyone can survive for that long, and even if you can, you’ll likely still be a long way from killing him.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    KngSpc said:

Quake is the only champion that can beat him on node 30. Tanking an SP3 will not work, as you’ll be stuck at the wall against unstoppable+unblockable for 8 seconds. I don’t believe anyone can survive for that long, and even if you can, you’ll likely still be a long way from killing him.

Seems like she is the ONLY counter for that which is suck when you're in a higher tier AW and don't have a high rank 5* Quake.
    Even worse, when there's no other alliance members that have Quake that you can switch path with for that path.
    Even more worse is when other members have Quake but they can't take your path anyway because they either don't know how to use Quake on that node OR don't have the right champs for the remaining nodes after node 30.

Well, if you're in a high tier AW, that might not be an issue because I assume they all are pretty good in war so you switch up path whenever is convenient for the team.
  • go_nagaigo_nagai Posts: 9
    DTMelodicMetal said it right. Use champion that has a taunt. He mentions NT, also Stark Spiderman would work too. Taunting will still make the opponent use a special, even on AON node
  • KngSpcKngSpc Posts: 53
    go_nagai said:

DTMelodicMetal said it right. Use champion that has a taunt. He mentions NT, also Stark Spiderman would work too. Taunting will still make the opponent use a special, even on AON node

Spark will probably time out, and not a lot of ppl have NT, especially at that high of a rank.
  • Cendar333Cendar333 Posts: 303
    Omega red at a high sig level can do enough passive damage to solo him in the time limit and if you play well you can avoid hitting him enough to build rock stacks or an SP3
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Sparky would be an amazing option and have watched several guys in t3 use him to solo thing because you push him to 15 stacks and then cause of taunt he throws his sp1. Bam no more rock stacks and then you just repeat that process over and over
  • go_nagaigo_nagai Posts: 9
    KngSpc said:

go_nagai said:

Spark will probably time out, and not a lot of ppl have NT, especially at that high of a rank.
    Lol why would sparky time out? Get him to 10 poise he does great damage...
  • Denta89Denta89 Posts: 74
    go_nagai said:

KngSpc said:

go_nagai said:

Seems like you dont know thing‘s ability

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Denta89 said:

go_nagai said:

KngSpc said:

go_nagai said:

Sparky works. Haven't tried against a 5/65, but fought a 4/55 and nearly got the solo if I hadn't screwed up
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    mike867 said:

Ghost can do it. Someone else in T3 (highest possible stats) fighting against R4 Thing took him out in 13 hits with one-punch man move

I did it with Ghost...
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Denta89 said:

go_nagai said:

KngSpc said:

go_nagai said:

Sparky works. Haven't tried against a 5/65, but fought a 4/55 and nearly got the solo if I hadn't screwed up
    While it appears possible to take out Thing on AoN with Sparky, it would take some incredible RNG, along with some mad skills. I’d have to see it to believe it.
    Definitely isn't easy. Need to play around his rock charges and time taunts. And be a bit lucky as well. But it's possible.