**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

June Champions

124»

Comments

• HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

That depends on the setting it's being discussed. If you're releasing it publicly before the company gives permission, then no. That's not legal.

That doesn't matter. If they release it to the public, their info release means squat. That is publically released info.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    As far as I can find online, the only way data mining could be considered illegal is if it violates an individuals information. Found nothing on gaming but I don’t think that would fall under ‘individual’

Also, Kabam has recognised Otriux and know he datamines information. He was referenced in one of Kabam Thrillson’s posts. Based on that, I’m pretty sure they would take action against him if they felt it was ‘stealing’. So either they don’t have a problem with it and are complicit with him doing it(which means it could not be considered stealing) or there are no legal boundaries they could take him to court over
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

As far as I can find online, the only way data mining could be considered illegal is if it violates an individuals information. Found nothing on gaming but I don’t think that would fall under ‘individual’

Also, Kabam has recognised Otriux and know he datamines information. He was referenced in one of Kabam Thrillson’s posts. Based on that, I’m pretty sure they would take action against him if they felt it was ‘stealing’. So either they don’t have a problem with it and are complicit with him doing it(which means it could not be considered stealing) or there are no legal boundaries they could take him to court over

Otriux just hypes everyone up for new secrets champs, I feel like kabam prob benefits from that.
    Savio444 said:

Otriux just hypes everyone up for new secrets champs, I feel like kabam prob benefits from that.
    Oh definitely. That’s why I feel like they let him continue doing what he does. And that effectively constitutes permission as they could take action against him at any time. Therefore, it is not stealing
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Well, who ever come out. Let’s hope it’s a ‘FANTASTIC’ addition

Savio444 said:

Oh definitely. That’s why I feel like they let him continue doing what he does. And that effectively constitutes permission as they could take action against him at any time. Therefore, it is not stealing
    I remember back in December, getting loads of **** pulls. That darkhawk unblockable mediums and lights at the start. The null mode lagged my game and it kept crashing, all the bugs and usual stuff. I was just really bored and disappointed. Then saw otriux posted that picture of the event quest, “this man this monster” after came the thing mcoc name border post. I was so excited they’re finally bringing the fantastic 4. One of the big reasons I’m still playing. Now we got that silver surfer and what other stuff they got planned to look forward to.

They also pick and choose their battles. Could they? Most likely. Is it worth the time and effort? No. Regardless, I'm not a fan of releasing information before the company intends to, and I'm not going to change my stance that it's not Otriux's to release.

Sorry but it doesn’t matter how you feel on the subject. It’s what the facts say. And the facts say that by not intervening, Kabam is giving him permission to release. They may not like it, but they have the power to stop it happening and don’t. So your original statement of ‘stealing’ is simply inaccurate. Stealing is defined as taking without permission. So at worst he’s taking it.

This discussion has been closed.