**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

WILL CULL BE NERFED?!

Hi guys over at Kabam

So I have just spent the first round of arena grinding for Senór Obsidian, and have noticed alot of hype regarding his damage output, and theres a growing concern and consensus that he will surely be nerfed shortly, and that those Cull owners will likely hear the dreaded "....not working as intended".

Can someone please clarify if all is well with this champion, before I spend the second round grinding, spending units etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Adub80Adub80 Posts: 29
    My decision on wether to grind for round 2 will highly rely on if he is working as intended as of now....also gives me fodder for later if needed. Please can we get a moderators input on this
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    He doesn't have any higher damage output than some if the other champs out there plus it's not immediate damage and takes time. He needs 10 charges to have high damage and that could be 5 or 6 fights at least. He won't be a great defensive placement either. Ghost is much more powerful out of the gate. Quit creating posts like these. All it does is brings out negative attention and tinfoil hat people who never know what they are talking about.
    arsjum said:

He doesn't have any higher damage output than some if the other champs out there plus it's not immediate damage and takes time. He needs 10 charges to have high damage and that could be 5 or 6 fights at least. He won't be a great defensive placement either. Ghost is much more powerful out of the gate. Quit creating posts like these. All it does is brings out negative attention and tinfoil hat people who never know what they are talking about.

Not interested in the debate the OP started but you are severely underestimating his damage potential.
    Do you have him? Have you used him? Go ahead, take him into LoL and tell me how it goes. Take him to ROL and see how it is.
    Aegon can clear LoL by himself after a few fights.
    Domino can take WS down in 18 hits.
    Ghost can hit harder and faster.

Point is, yes he has high damage output but it's not immediate and takes ramping up. Its not game breaking damage either.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

arsjum said:

Not interested in the debate the OP started but you are severely underestimating his damage potential.
    Do you have him? Have you used him? Go ahead, take him into LoL and tell me how it goes. Take him to ROL and see how it is.

Point is, yes he has high damage output but it's not immediate and takes ramping up. Its not game breaking damage either.
    Cull obsidian hits a lot harder 4:55 no suicides no class advantage 25k mediums
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    He just got added to the tournament and you talk about nerfing him....🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • BigDog34BigDog34 Posts: 62

He just got added to the tournament and you talk about nerfing him....🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

It's because they don't test them. They give the content creators program to look over them and of course they won't say they're OP.
  • Adub80Adub80 Posts: 29
    Why would an immediate nerf be unbelievable? And yes, Ive had the problem of ranking a champ, and then that champ being nerfed beyond recognition....so I want to know from the offset if this champ is CURRENTLY working as intended....
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I sort of doubt they’ll nerf him directly, but I can see a lot of armour break immunity coming soon...
    They haven't nerfed anyone since 12.0. No need to worry.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

That's.... not true
    edited May 2019
    DalBot said:

That's.... not true
    Who? Drax and AA weren't nerfs. Hela was a synergy fix. @DalBot
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    You making this thread is low key raising the chance
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

arsjum said:

Yes, I have him but only as a 4* star, so can’t take him to LOL. I’m aware of his limitations but your claim that he needs 10 charges to do high damage output is false. 10 charges with rout make him insane. But he’s already a beastly attacker after acquiring 3-4 charges.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Do you really expect the mods to come on here and say “even after designing this champ for months, we decided in the couple days after release he’s simply too powerful and we’re going to nerf him”? That’s never happened ever.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    I'd be surprised bc he definitely has some serious limitations. If you can't place armor break, it makes fight MUCH harder with him. I was testing him on the debuff immune spidey path in act 5 and it was horrible.

I'd be surprised bc he definitely has some serious limitations. If you can place armor break, it makes fight MUCH harder with him. I was testing him on the debuff immune spidey path in act 5 and it was horrible.

No armor breaks equals low damage. People see ideal fights on YouTube and then go crazy thinking he'll be nerfed or should be. Absolutely insane.
    arsjum said:

arsjum said:

Yes, I have him but only as a 4* star, so can’t take him to LOL. I’m aware of his limitations but your claim that he needs 10 charges to do high damage output is false. 10 charges with rout make him insane. But he’s already a beastly attacker after acquiring 3-4 charges.
    I see so he can't do LoL. Not great in ROL. Cant fight debuff immune. Yep, you're right. Super insane. Nerf him now.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I'd be surprised bc he definitely has some serious limitations. If you can place armor break, it makes fight MUCH harder with him. I was testing him on the debuff immune spidey path in act 5 and it was horrible.

No armor breaks equals low damage. People see ideal fights on YouTube and then go crazy thinking he'll be nerfed or should be. Absolutely insane.
    Yep. Debuff immune fights, evade champs/nodes before he has enough charges, thing, etc... and he does horribly. For standard run of the mill paths, he's a monster, but he's by no means as OP as people are acting
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

I see so he can't do LoL. Not great in ROL. Cant fight debuff immune. Yep, you're right. Super insane. Nerf him now.
    When did I say anything about nerfing? If you want to have a meaningful debate, stick to what I said, not what you imagine I said.

He can do LoL. He's great in RoL. He can fight debuff immune. Doesn't mean he's great at everything. Never said so. Once again, I said previously I was aware of his limitations.

Doesn't prove your prior claims.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    I mean if there is some sort of nerf there will likely be an outrage, like when the AI was altered technically nerfing Ghost. Also, I still feel like there are harder hitters which have not been nerfed.
This discussion has been closed.