**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam, We Need Some Changes! From the heart plea to fix the contest.

Let me preface this with a brief description of where I'm at in the Contest. I've been playing for over 2 years and have been in a Gold 1 Alliance and running map 5 and 6 in AQ for the last year or so. I'm Cavalier and have spent roughly $2,000.00 on this game.

In the last few months I have been slowly getting fatigued by MCOC and I thought I would write a small piece about what I think can be improved and a few other things because I imagine I am not the only player feeling this fatigue.

- Monthly Event Quests -

Since Act 6 released we have seen a slow increase in difficulty in the uncollected monthly EQ. This is unfair for players who are stuck in between Uncollected and Cavilier rank. Those players are now being frozen out on rewards that should be attainable to them. As a Cavalier rank myself I have been waiting for the "Cavalier" difficulty in EQ for months now. This is a simple fix, a new monthly EQ needs to be added and the Uncollected difficulty needs to be rolled back to the correct difficulty. My neighbor is newly Uncollected with mainly 4*s and he has no chance at beating Nameless Thanos on his account, hes too new to the contest to possess the skills needed to beat him and his champs are just simply to low rank for him to have a chance at beating Nameless Thanos. I feel bad for him because he only became Uncollected last month and he has now had his confidence destroyed by this monthly EQ and is hardly playing the game anymore. I've told him it's just because of the Endgame movie but honestly I doubt he could have beaten the Havok or Annialus bosses from the last 2 months either.

- Rank up materials -

As a player who doesnt have the free time to spend hours per week in arena, Gold is a constant issue. Especially with planning on taking my 6* Ghost to rank 2, I honestly dont know when I'll ever have the gold to do it. Something needs to change here, it already takes a ridiculous amount of time to get the other materials, something as simple as gold should not be causing the player base this much stress.

Tier 2 Alpha, takes far to long to save up, I currently have prob 8 God tier 5* champs sitting at R3 because it's taking months just to get 4 T2A to take someone to R4. Just this simple material has slowed the progression of my account down so bad, I honestly dont have the patience anymore. At the current pace your basically asking me to wait 24 to 36 months to get all the T2A I need to rank up champs just to rank 4, forget rank 5. Something has to be done about this, either add a T2A arena similar to the t4b arena or add the new monthly EQ Difficulty I mentioned above and add a fully formed T2A in those rewards every month.

You already have us waiting forever on T5B, which is understandable but to have both T2A and T5B take this long to save up doesnt flow with the rising of difficulty in the contest.

If new defenders are constantly being added that weaken the champs weve grinded our lives away to rank up, like Corvus w/Ebony Maw or Ghost w/Annalyis, we need materials to rank up other champs because you just indirectly nerfed the champs we regularly use. Thanks for that by the way.

- Rewards -

This month especailly saw the biggest jump in difficulty to the uncollected difficulty and the rewards were not increased at all. Although I honestly had fun learning and eventually killing Nameless Thanos, we should have been rewarded a bit for the increase in difficulty.

Last months Human Torch, little 8 hour missions were fantastic, they were rewarding, the difficulty was set just right and it was a fun event.... I dont know what happened with the "collect the stones" event this month but the rewards attached to it are laughable in comparison to last months special event. Those new shard Crystals with the 1% chance at a 5* awakening gem, totally suck, they are complete garbage. They might as well not even exist because I've opened like 20 of them and only got 4* sig stones and a tiny amount of gold.

- Longest month ever -

Then there is the 45 day timer. Most of the community, myself included is done in the first week with both the Uncollected and Master difficulty. I've been staring at 100% complete on all the monthly EQ for going on 30 days now. That's simply too long to go without anything new and fun to do.

- AQ and AW fatigue -

I'm honestly happy to hear some changes are coming to the AQ maps. They have gotten so boring.

AW rewards need to be increased as well. AQ has now surpassed AW in importance which is fine but a small tweak to AW rewards sure would be nice. More T2A here would be nice.

Epilogue-
I've written this because for the last 2 weeks I've seriously been contemplating quitting mcoc after this war season ends. I know Kabam could care less about one player quitting but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only player that's been feeling this fatigue. I LOVED this game for a long time, but now.... I donno how I feel honestly.

You guys at Kabam have made an incredible game, the new champs every month keep getting cooler and cooler but damn guys we need a little give and take, everything is such a money grab latley, it makes you look less like a company interested in making a great game and more like a company that will stop at nothing to squeeze every red nickle out of the player bases pockets. Again we need a little give and take.

I just hope someone at Kabam reads this and takes some of these suggestions to the team. At the current state the game is in, I dont think I can stick around much longer and that really sucks because I loved this game so much.

Thanks for reading,

ChadRico

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Very well put together and I hope Kabam reads this and takes it to heart
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    @MrChadRico_1 , thank you so much for writing the perfect thing that I didn't want to take the time to do. I agree with everything that you said, the gold problem most of all. While the other materials are horrible to get, they still are attainable. Gold on the other hand is only attainable for those that can grind arenas like crazy and it's driving me nuts. They either need to add more gold to all rewards and battles or they just need to add a daily EQ with gold as the main reward. I'm at level 41 right now with one 5 star hero and a pretty decent 4 star roster so for me, a big problem is getting Tier 4 class catalysts since they take forever. Alpha 1's would stink too if it wasn't for glory stores. I can't even imagine trying to get tier 5's and Alpha 2's. I also completely agree with what you said about this months events, especially when you compare them to last month's. I loved the bounty missions and they gave you good rewards. This month, since I'm not Uncollected or Cavalier or anything, the difficulty honestly isn't bad at all, but the rewards stink when compared to others. This was the Endgame month, I though it was gonna be huge. Thank you for bringing all these issues out in the best way possible, even in a way that lower level, free-to-play players can still relate to.
  • CapAvengerCapAvenger Posts: 48
    Beautiful.

Can this guy get an Amen?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Beautiful.

Can this guy get an Amen?

Yes, he can.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Long story short this month absolutely sucks.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Biggest thing to me is how long they take to change up game modes. They wait until something is incredibly stale before making changes instead of constantly tweaking and improving.

AW Seasons were amazing when they started. Now they’re basically pointless. I know there are changes coming, but why did they wait a year? We’ve known seasons have needed fixes for at least 3 or 4 months now.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I don’t think this month has sucked as bad as everyone says. I also do agree with your rant OP well written, well thought out and it really seems like you care deeply about the game.

I do agree with you on the changes that need to be made. I also think we should add uncollected doesn’t need a reward increase BUT heroic and master do. And also medium/heroic and master need their energy tiles dropped from 1/2/3 to 1/2/2 or 1/1/2 and 1/2/2 and stay at 1/2/3 for medium heroic and master respectively. Uncollected does need units, it’s such a stingy move by kabam to not give us units in uncollected. It’s 150 units!!! Costs them NOTHING to add that.

My pet peeve with AW is this:

When you are between tier 4 and 3. Where the point system is all messed up and you could be in tier 3 with tier 4 map and get tier 4 rewards or be in tier 4 but get tier 3 map with tier 4 rewards. Really jacked up.

The difference between gold 1 and p3 is outrageous. Rewards for the trouble of p3 needs to be upped.
  • RoystorRoystor Posts: 45
  • RoystorRoystor Posts: 45
    I still think that by joining the 6 gems something will happen.
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    this is extremely well written. good stuff. 100% agreed.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    Roystor said:

I've been hoping as much but don't have my hopes very high the way this event has gone
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    This perfectly sums up what almost every player has been thinking.
  • TravNationTravNation Posts: 40
    This was really well written and I agree. Gold and resources are way to difficult to come by, so like it's been mentioned champs just sit on the sidelines or stuck at R3. Then they release, more and more champs each month so it's a constant struggle. This month's 40+ day timeline is creating such a bore. Like a lot of people I've been staring at 100% completed for a week or more and just waiting for these last 15 days to go by so I can do something new. Thanks for putting the time into writing this very constructive post.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    While you post is heartfelt and well intended, i couldn't help to think while reading it that all the issues you make light of can be solved by spending, either buying gold crystals or rank up material offers when they come around.

i understand this game is free to play but the reality of the situation is that we(F2P) don't keep the lights on and while it would be nice to get everything we need more liberally to the point we are happy with our progression in the game, we get just enough to keep us in the game long enough to perhaps occasionally buy a couple of offers.

bottom line Kabam is a business and essentially those who are F2P take whatever we can get and try to make the best of it.

I know there are 2 kinds of people on the forums, those that take the time to comment on something like this and their response reads as OP "complaining" and there are the others that get discouraged and in turn actually end up complaining while trying to defend their point of view.

i like coming to the forums but boy is it exhausting seeing the same feud hash out post after post.

• DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    I agree with Rake, and not only because I'm a spender but Kabam does need to incentivise spending to keep the game going so it makes sense to cater to those who do spend even if it makes it a bit effort for those who don't. Without spenders there is no game so it's important for them to be able to progress at a higher rate by having more access.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★

- Rank up materials -

I came to the forum to make a post about this issue. We're all drowning in t4cc but have no gold, limited t4b and t1a, limited t2a (map6 helps there), hardly any opportunities for t5b... but I haven't been able to open map5 crystals in months for fear of putting even more t4cc into overflow.

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Well written post. My only complaint about this thread is that a mod hasn't commented on it. They are quick to shut down threads or post good job congratulations on pull/rankup/quest threads but you can never really tell if these types of posts are getting back to the game team
  • Blev19Blev19 Posts: 24
    As someone who uninstalled the game today after 3 years I can completely agree with every word of this. Unfortunately the community has been pleading this for months and they are just tone deaf to it and only wanna miik the whales. Can't wait for ultimate alliance on switch.
  • Blubfish_666Blubfish_666 Posts: 237
    Roystor said:

Damn this makes sense and gives me hope. I hope its not false hope
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    Fix potions? Make them %.
  • BogiaBogia Posts: 125
    I hit the gold brick wall about a month ago and it sucks. Something's got to give. Why not make Golden Crystals rank up for Proven, Uncollected... etc. 2400 gold means a lot more to someone using a 3 Star roster than someone using a 4 Star roster. I'm dreading the gold grind when I get even higher levels.
  • CheddarBobCheddarBob Posts: 64
    Sadly they don’t care what the players want. Game has been broken for months now. No fixes smh
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★

Let me preface this with a brief description of where I'm at in the Contest. I've been playing for over 2 years and have been in a Gold 1 Alliance and running map 5 and 6 in AQ for the last year or so. I'm Cavalier and have spent roughly $2,000.00 on this game.

In the last few months I have been slowly getting fatigued by MCOC and I thought I would write a small piece about what I think can be improved and a few other things because I imagine I am not the only player feeling this fatigue.

- Monthly Event Quests -

Since Act 6 released we have seen a slow increase in difficulty in the uncollected monthly EQ. This is unfair for players who are stuck in between Uncollected and Cavilier rank. Those players are now being frozen out on rewards that should be attainable to them. As a Cavalier rank myself I have been waiting for the "Cavalier" difficulty in EQ for months now. This is a simple fix, a new monthly EQ needs to be added and the Uncollected difficulty needs to be rolled back to the correct difficulty. My neighbor is newly Uncollected with mainly 4*s and he has no chance at beating Nameless Thanos on his account, hes too new to the contest to possess the skills needed to beat him and his champs are just simply to low rank for him to have a chance at beating Nameless Thanos. I feel bad for him because he only became Uncollected last month and he has now had his confidence destroyed by this monthly EQ and is hardly playing the game anymore. I've told him it's just because of the Endgame movie but honestly I doubt he could have beaten the Havok or Annialus bosses from the last 2 months either.

- Rank up materials -

As a player who doesnt have the free time to spend hours per week in arena, Gold is a constant issue. Especially with planning on taking my 6* Ghost to rank 2, I honestly dont know when I'll ever have the gold to do it. Something needs to change here, it already takes a ridiculous amount of time to get the other materials, something as simple as gold should not be causing the player base this much stress.

Tier 2 Alpha, takes far to long to save up, I currently have prob 8 God tier 5* champs sitting at R3 because it's taking months just to get 4 T2A to take someone to R4. Just this simple material has slowed the progression of my account down so bad, I honestly dont have the patience anymore. At the current pace your basically asking me to wait 24 to 36 months to get all the T2A I need to rank up champs just to rank 4, forget rank 5. Something has to be done about this, either add a T2A arena similar to the t4b arena or add the new monthly EQ Difficulty I mentioned above and add a fully formed T2A in those rewards every month.

You already have us waiting forever on T5B, which is understandable but to have both T2A and T5B take this long to save up doesnt flow with the rising of difficulty in the contest.

If new defenders are constantly being added that weaken the champs weve grinded our lives away to rank up, like Corvus w/Ebony Maw or Ghost w/Annalyis, we need materials to rank up other champs because you just indirectly nerfed the champs we regularly use. Thanks for that by the way.

- Rewards -

This month especailly saw the biggest jump in difficulty to the uncollected difficulty and the rewards were not increased at all. Although I honestly had fun learning and eventually killing Nameless Thanos, we should have been rewarded a bit for the increase in difficulty.

Last months Human Torch, little 8 hour missions were fantastic, they were rewarding, the difficulty was set just right and it was a fun event.... I dont know what happened with the "collect the stones" event this month but the rewards attached to it are laughable in comparison to last months special event. Those new shard Crystals with the 1% chance at a 5* awakening gem, totally suck, they are complete garbage. They might as well not even exist because I've opened like 20 of them and only got 4* sig stones and a tiny amount of gold.

- Longest month ever -

Then there is the 45 day timer. Most of the community, myself included is done in the first week with both the Uncollected and Master difficulty. I've been staring at 100% complete on all the monthly EQ for going on 30 days now. That's simply too long to go without anything new and fun to do.

- AQ and AW fatigue -

I'm honestly happy to hear some changes are coming to the AQ maps. They have gotten so boring.

AW rewards need to be increased as well. AQ has now surpassed AW in importance which is fine but a small tweak to AW rewards sure would be nice. More T2A here would be nice.

Epilogue-
    I've written this because for the last 2 weeks I've seriously been contemplating quitting mcoc after this war season ends. I know Kabam could care less about one player quitting but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only player that's been feeling this fatigue. I LOVED this game for a long time, but now.... I donno how I feel honestly.

You guys at Kabam have made an incredible game, the new champs every month keep getting cooler and cooler but damn guys we need a little give and take, everything is such a money grab latley, it makes you look less like a company interested in making a great game and more like a company that will stop at nothing to squeeze every red nickle out of the player bases pockets. Again we need a little give and take.

I just hope someone at Kabam reads this and takes some of these suggestions to the team. At the current state the game is in, I dont think I can stick around much longer and that really sucks because I loved this game so much.

Thanks for reading,

ChadRico

I'm a pretty big spender, and what you've written is spot on aboit how I feel. I'm part of an alliance that used to be strong and mighty now EVERYONE in it is dragging their feet. We're tired. Rewards need to be updated. Pretty soon noone will be able to build up enough to beat future content without spendoing like Crystal opening whale does. This ship is beginning to sink. Please at least recognize this.

KABAM:. Please give some thought to the original post. The author has identified and stated EXACTLY what is slowly killing the game and has also stated what would be required to bring it back to life 100%.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    They keep issuing t4cc out the arse but gold t4b and t1a limited
  • HairyslugHairyslug Posts: 76
    Agree with you on this feel the same way the only thing stopping me quitting is how much time and money I’ve put into this game which thinking about it is kind of stupid anyway the only way they will listen is if people stop spending real money it’s not the Kabam guys on here it’s there bosses that will have the say on things why change anything when your making 100s of millions on a mobile game unless the cash flow drops on the bar chart in there directors meetings every week why would they change anything
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Roystor said:

“Don’t do that, don’t give me hope.”